Greedy Pirate

11,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Elraine Figarette
Wraith of Azrael
I uhh....what?
Yea...no, you don't shoot someone while they're asleep.
Years of abuse or not, based on that bit alone I'm not going to be too lenient.
Potential for the parents to be put up for neglect/abuse? Yep.
But for the 15 year old girl?
Institution for a good long while to make sure she's not a harm to herself or others.

Putting someone in a mental institution is not meant to be a punishment. Yes, she needs to be somewhere supervised where she can get the therapy she needs, but that's because she's been raised as a goddamn hostage for her entire life.
She Was Phone
This was premeditated murder and she should be prosecuted for that and punished to the fullest extent of the law. Past abuse is not justification for murder.

Did you read what she'd been through? She's clearly troubled, and understandably so. She needs help, not jail time.
NiiHou
She didn't have to kill the boy. Once outside she could have just ran away but noooo she decided to kill her sleeping brother first. should be charged for murder
I'm not condoning murder, but her brother wasn't exactly choir boy material and I can see where someone in that situation would find it hard to resist exacting some kind of revenge if given the opportunity.

All three of you need to find some sympathy. Just honestly think how you'd feel after going through something like that for your entire life.
Actually, yes, you are condoning murder. Putting you back on ignore where you belong.

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
11 y/o is innocent
15 y/o is is a serious mess
Parents should be punished

Liberal Fatcat

Such a shame. The abuse she dealt with must have been severe enough to make her believe murder was her only way out. Already there's something wrong with you if you believe locking someone in a closet for days on end with only a bucket for a toilet is a good idea. I can only imagine what else may have happened to the younger siblings.

She definitely needs psychiatric help for starters. And alot of it. I dont think sending her to jail and throwing away the key for dealing with an abuse victim.
The parents need to receive the brunt of the situation here. Clearly if they had let matters go on this long and saw no reason to intervene, there's nothing fit about them.

Gaian

MarigoldMari
If the brother was that abusive and possibly even incestuously raped her (as the article suggests towards the end) and the parents did nothing but let it continue, then good for the girl shooting him to death if it makes her feel liberated. I'd have done the same if I'd had a pistol to my own brother who dealt the same sort of situation to me. I completely get how desperate she must have been to make the abuse end.

I don't think the 11 year old should be charged at all, she did nothing wrong and perhaps didn't even realize what was going to happen but it also depends on her truthful testimony of events. The fifteen year old should definitely get a lot of therapy at the very least.

I agree with the others, the parents should be charged with criminal neglect and more.
Rape was not suggested, nor even implied. The article says the two were caught having sex in 2011, not 'the boy was caught raping his sister in 2011'. I have no idea where you got rape from. If I had to hazard a guess, you saw the words abuse, having sex and brother and immediately jumped to that conclusion through some bizarre victim blaming path of logic. The way the laws are, they'd both be guilty of statutory anyway, not that that matters in the slightest in this case.

The parents should be locked up, the 11 and 3 year old need to be taken by the state or relatives, and the killer should be punished for premeditated murder. Years of abuse don't justify murder, ESPECIALLY when she could've run away and gotten help when she escaped the room. This case is ******** up all around.

Omnipresent Warlord

Yobyaxes T
Omnileech
If I was om the jury I would not convict the 15 year old girl.

Of course, because it's definitely okay for a women to kill a man.

Your routine was old months ago. Get a new trolling song and dance or step up your game because I knew exactly what you were going to write before the page loaded. 1/10 effort.

Magical Bunny

14,350 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
if the police were warned they should of at least checked out the house, so this could of been avoided a long time ago.
This is clearly a very difficult situation to navigate legally.

There was another case where an abused woman shot and killed her husband who repeated beat her and locked her up. And she called 911 after having shot him. She was then charged with murder in the 1st degree as they wanted to make an example of her for murdering her abusive husband who was beating her at the time he was shot.

In this case with the 15 and 11 year old. you can see that it looks like they may try to make an example of her.

Its a shame that she doesn't have more support, or she didn't think to just shoot him in his extremities and call the police.
Heero Senpai

There was another case where an abused woman shot and killed her husband who repeated beat her and locked her up. And she called 911 after having shot him. She was then charged with murder in the 1st degree as they wanted to make an example of her for murdering her abusive husband who was beating her at the time he was shot.

And yet men like George Zimmerman get off on self-defense.

I get that the law is the law, but that doesn't mean the law isn't ******** horrible.
Lulamoon Sage

Years of abuse don't justify murder, ESPECIALLY when she could've run away and gotten help when she escaped the room. This case is ******** up all around.

Legally?

No. They do not.

Philosophically?

Going to have to disagree with you. Must realize that you and I are essentially the abuse equivalent of Arm Chair generals sitting in lounges with maps of a war-zone talking about how things need to be done to win the war.

Me, having never been repetitively locked in a room for extended periods of time with a bucket for a bathroom over the course of my life, I wouldn't presume to judge her actions.

Were all the people calling for her head put in her situation, I can only wonder how they would act. I suspect, in her shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing.

Easy to talk about how she should have behaved from a place of safety, if you would.

This shouldn't shape the law, of course. But speaking philosophically, I'm not going to judge her.
Quote:
The parents should be locked up, the 11 and 3 year old need to be taken by the state or relatives,

Given her uncles conviction of molesting her, I'd suspect we might be dealing with some sort of The Hills Have Eyes family and go with the state, myself.
Whatever happens to the girl, her parents need to be punished.

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
NiiHou
xdivision_whitey
NiiHou
She didn't have to kill the boy. Once outside she could have just ran away but noooo she decided to kill her sleeping brother first. should be charged for murder
There could have been more to the story. We don't know what he was doing to the 11 year old or the three year old. If he screwed the 15 year old he could just as easily rape the 3 year old.

ummm the 15 year old and the 16 year old were having consensual sex. nice job trying to label the male as a rapist for that
So I'm just going to point out that (nevermind the incest aspect) the 16 y/o was put in charge of the locked up 15 y/o. Interesting power things happening there that don't exactly imply that the sex was consensual...
Elraine Figarette
NiiHou
xdivision_whitey
NiiHou
There could have been more to the story. We don't know what he was doing to the 11 year old or the three year old. If he screwed the 15 year old he could just as easily rape the 3 year old.

ummm the 15 year old and the 16 year old were having consensual sex. nice job trying to label the male as a rapist for that
So I'm just going to point out that (nevermind the incest aspect) the 16 y/o was put in charge of the locked up 15 y/o. Interesting power things happening there that don't exactly imply that the sex was consensual...

its called the responsibility of being the eldest child. you have power over the younger children rolleyes
all this article says is that the boy locked her in her room and she turns around and shoots him dead while he's asleep. it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see who the real victim is in this article

Tipsy Sailor

If she's been locked up on several occasions with a bucket for days, I doubt the dynamics of right and wrong are well developed in that household. Poor kids needs better guardians and that girl needs help so she can heal and be properly socialized. I hope the parents get what they desperately need and never have more children.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff