Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
http://www.bittenandbound.com/2013/05/24/oklahoma-native-carrie-underwood-donates-1-million-to-red-cross/

Oklahoma native Carrie Underwood is putting her money where her heart is with a $1 million donation to the American Red Cross. The funds have been earmarked for disaster relief efforts in her tornado ravaged state.

According to her rep, Underwood’s charitable contribution will come from proceeds earned during her year long ‘Blown Away Tour,’ that wrapped this week.

The former ‘American Idol’ winner issued this statement, “I have watched the devastation in my home state of Oklahoma over the past several days with great sadness. With the help of my fans who attended my concerts over the past year, we can offer the Red Cross a little extra help in comforting those affected by the recent tornado.”

Red Cross executive officer Neal Litvack acknowledged the generous donation: “The impact of the tornados in Oklahoma and the Midwest was devastating and the road to recovery will be long for many families. Through the generosity of Carrie, the American Red Cross can quickly respond with shelter, food and comfort now, and with lasting help as they move toward recovery.”

NBC will host a benefit concert next week that has been spearheaded by Oklahoma native Blake Shelton.

Romantic Shapeshifter

i went to the concert when it came here. i was so glad to see the proceeds were going to help out where it was needed most

Dedicated Student

I doubt the people in the tornado will ever see that money. Even if they do they'll probably pick and choose like they did in the incident involving the stage collapse.

Fluffy Loiterer

Well okay I guess. Another article I have nothing to say to.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Well, that was an unfortunately ironic name for her tour. lol

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Copper Shenanigans
Well okay I guess. Another article I have nothing to say to.
If you have nothing to say regarding the topic, why post in it? If you need gold go to Achievements and post emoticons in megathreads, or play Booty Grab.

Dapper Spotter

Ratttking
Well, that was an unfortunately ironic name for her tour. lol

This!
At first I was expecting an article about how 'classless' her tour name was in regards to the recent tornadoes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff