Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Codger

The French have blown up a command and control centre, took down several aircraft and destroyed various ground targets.
The British have blown up a few vehicles, and had some SAS soldiers comprimised. However, they did evacuate a lot of civilians with the SBS.
The Americans have crashed a jet and bombarded targets with missiles.
The UAE is arguing with itself.

TBH, it's nice to see France being ahead of its allies for once; it's been a while since they last did that.
I watched the Jon stewart explanation of what happened. Basically, We sent hundreds of missiles into random locations and crashed our own jets. Britain sent two missiles and successfully hit a critical target. France successfully struck additional critical targets. I'm perfectly fine with that. If the United states looks incompetent, at least we don't look imperialistic or weak in this mess. Rather it is France and Britain who have to take the political heat, which is where it would really cost America otherwise.

I guess what I'm getting at is America's military is like a Dumb giant warmachine than cannot be blamed for wherever the UN puts it, and Since both France and the UK are EU states, the EU is responsible for the mission. Obama isn't Bush, he's a super globalist.
Ah France! The first into a war and the first out.

Heh heh... Just kidding.

6,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
France is doing that so it doesn't get any more North African immigrants, but I agree, they've been doing the best job so far...just don't forget what a racist person Sarkozy actually is.
The perception of the French being 'Cheese eating surrender monkeys' is a complete myth. Allow me to explain why.

The blitz was a terrible thing. Nazi Germany would bomb cities to hell, even after they had surrendered to them. They would bomb civilians fleeing, residential areas (Admittedly, later in the war the Allies did this too), anything that could be bombed. Nation after nation fell the the blitzkreig tactic of which France was only one. Britain was protected by the channel. It was difficult in those days to implement a full scale blitz over water. The channel acted as a wall, it was easy to monitor activity over it, and warn settlements in time to scramble aircraft. The blitz in London was utterly terrible, levelling half the city, but it could have been so much worse.

The French Resistance was one of the strongest, and definitely the most famous resistance in Europe. The image of the trenchcoat wearing resistance fighter used in so many films, movies and games (Firefly browncoats) comes from the French Resistance.
We did not crash a jet it was shoot down just saying and they did come out with that it was shot down by the rebellion that we are helping.

250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The French should give up eventually .. judging by there track record. WW1, WW2, Vietnam! twisted

250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
The French should give up eventually .. judging by there track record. WW1, WW2, Vietnam! twisted

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Michael Noire
If the United states looks incompetent, at least we don't look imperialistic or weak in this mess. Rather it is France and Britain who have to take the political heat, which is where it would really cost America otherwise.

I guess what I'm getting at is America's military is like a Dumb giant warmachine than cannot be blamed for wherever the UN puts it, and Since both France and the UK are EU states, the EU is responsible for the mission. Obama isn't Bush, he's a super globalist.

Arguably everyone involved in the operation have political heat to deal with. The reason this is such a hot topic is because of past events, most recently Iraq and Afghanistan in which America and Britain were both lead roles. By the statement in your first paragraph America won't look weak because they set off some missles and won't look imperialistic because they missed?
Just because Britain and France are EU members doesn't make it a EU mission. In fact the coalition is attempting to hand control over to NATO in which America is a major player.
I believe that social responsibility plays a part in whether or not countries should intervene but ony of my main problems in this case is whether or not there would be any talk of intervention if Libya didn't have natural resources or if it didn't lie in such an important location.
ya france is our great sister country we look over them they look over us ,but right now there looking over themselves haha

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Midnight Magyk
You know your a sissy, when the ******** FRENCH are taking the lead on the war on terror.
Dammit all, Frenchmen have 3 national security levels.
1. Run
2. Hide
3. Surrender and collaborate.

Not to mention that frenchmen (up till now) couldn't lead a war. Joan of Arc? Not a man.
Napoleon Bonaparte? Corsican.
WOW.

Gaiz? Didn't the brits get REALLY pissed off when they ran out of tea in the 1900's? Like it was a world class crisis? So, moral of the story is...don't piss off the brits. Libya, I'm looking at you.

Lovely, brilliant, full of very good arguments. Great choice of words that shows your high level of education, oh and the use of CAPITALISED words really adds to it. I'm impressed.
Now, go back to your room and let the grown ups talk honey.

9,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Midnight Magyk
You know your a sissy, when the ******** FRENCH are taking the lead on the war on terror.
Dammit all, Frenchmen have 3 national security levels.
1. Run
2. Hide
3. Surrender and collaborate.

Not to mention that frenchmen (up till now) couldn't lead a war. Joan of Arc? Not a man.
Napoleon Bonaparte? Corsican.
WOW.

Gaiz? Didn't the brits get REALLY pissed off when they ran out of tea in the 1900's? Like it was a world class crisis? So, moral of the story is...don't piss off the brits. Libya, I'm looking at you.

Damn straight, don't piss us off.
You know you're a nation of sissies when you need help from the French to fight your war of independence.

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Shows how short minded Americans are. :/ I'm french and it's rather offensive considering France has one of the best Militaries.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff