Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Man-Lover

Four-year-old Kayla Garcia was allegedly beaten to death for dropping a meatball from her Subway sandwich and walking home slowly. Her mother cried and yelled through her emotional testimony on Thursday, in which she accused her ex-boyfriend of murdering the little girl and described the horrific event.

The girl's mother Melanie Garcia, 21, and her ex-boyfriend Matthew Carrillo, 23, currently face a serious charge - injury to a child causing serious bodily injury - but prosecution is considering one far more serious charge: capital murder.

Garcia testified that Carrillo beat her daughter about three months ago because she dropped a meatball from her Subway sandwich and that she walked at a slow pace.

Garcia claimed that, in anger, Carrillo forced Kayla to pull her pants and underwear down and brace herself by holding the couch. When Carrillo hit Kayla, she dropped to the floor, at which point he picked her up by one arm and beat her mercilessly with his belt, said Garcia. Carrillo forced Kayla to lift a phone book and a box for an extended period before slapping her once more and shoving her to the ground, according to Garcia. When she crashed to the floor, she received a damaging blow to the head.

Garcia called an ambulance hours later. Kayla was taken to Christus Santa Rosa Children's Hospital on May 7. She had bruises all over her body, burn marks and a brutal head injury, reports KSAT. Garcia and Carrillo initially claimed that Kayla fell from a wagon, but doctors saw immediately that the child's injuries couldn't have stemmed from such an event.

In court, Garcia claimed that Carrillo forced her to say that Kayla fell from a toy wagon. Garcia listened, according to her testimony, because she was afraid of Carrillo and his family.

Kayla died around 6:30 p.m. on May 9, after being flown to University Hospital's pediatric intensive care unit.

Garcia was released after agreeing to take a lie detector test and testifying against Carrillo, reports San Antonio Express-News. She may still face charges.

Carrillo asked for release claiming lack of probable cause, which Judge Andrew Carruthers rejected. Carruthers did, however, reduce his bond from $200,000 to $100,000.

Article here

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
That is just sick.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
xdivision_whitey
That is just sick.

I agree. There is just... nothing else for me to say

Natalia Winters's Husband

Married Lover

12,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
Nyadriel
xdivision_whitey
That is just sick.

I agree. There is just... nothing else for me to say

Agreed 3nodding

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
And the mother just sat and watched as all of this was happening neutral I would be damned.

Apocalyptic Cutesmasher

25,215 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Attending the Ball 25
Quote:
Carrillo asked for release claiming lack of probable cause, which Judge Andrew Carruthers rejected. Carruthers did, however, reduce his bond from $200,000 to $100,000.

stressed scream

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Love Muffin88
And the mother just sat and watched as all of this was happening neutral I would be damned.
She said that she was afraid of him and his family. And while I do know that she said that in regard to the lie about falling off a wagon, it could just easily apply to why she didn't stop him in the first place.

6,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
people like that should be beaten to death by a orphaned children mrgreen

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Mother of Tides
Love Muffin88
She said that she was afraid of him and his family. And while I do know that she said that in regard to the lie about falling off a wagon, it could just easily apply to why she didn't stop him in the first place.

That is not a valid excuse. By not attempting to either stop the situation, or getting out of the abusive homelife for at least the sake of her daughter, she put her daughter in harms way. Thousands of women and children live in a turbulent home. And many of them come out of them, even if it's by the skin of their teeth. The little girl did not have to die.

Eloquent Hunter

Mother of Tides
Love Muffin88

No good mother would allow their child to continue to be beaten right in front of their eyes just because there was a possibility that it might happen to her in the future. That beating was happening then and there, it wasn't a possible threat for the future it was a PRESENT threat. Then, even when in police custody she lied and tried to cover up that sick mans actions. There is absolutely no excuse for this woman to have allowed this to happen to her child.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
There are cases where women have tried to get out of an abusive situation and failed because the guy will track her down and drag her back.

I remember reading a case years ago about a case in New Mexico (I think? Or was it Arizona) where a woman tried to divorce her husband. Judge basically told her to shut up, go home and do what she was told.
I do not know what happened to her and her child since.

I "met" a girl (spoke of her before in another thread) who was "kept" by her boyfriend. She had three babies by him (last two are twins) by the time she was 16. I managed to talk her into escaping and go to her aunt's house who lived in another state. This is the girl I mentioned where he killed her cat in front of her as a warning. She got lucky that he committed suicide and died. Not so lucky that members of his family tracked her down and stoned her and almost killed her by trying to get her to jump off a cliff. (had not given certain details last time) She is still alive and well last I heard from her a year ago.

Some women do not survive. Some children do not survive.
You don't know what fear does to you.
Love Muffin88
Mother of Tides
Love Muffin88

That is not a valid excuse. By not attempting to either stop the situation, or getting out of the abusive homelife for at least the sake of her daughter, she put her daughter in harms way. Thousands of women and children live in a turbulent home. And many of them come out of them, even if it's by the skin of their teeth. The little girl did not have to die.

Try leaving an abusive relationship with a man who is willing to beat his daughter to death.

Distinct Dabbler

This man should die.
what is wrong with people that is just sicking gonk

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ryuseni
This man should die.

Actually, as this happened in Texas, he could be eligible for the death penalty murdering a four year old.

Quote:
Capital Murder
[Tex. Penal Code ยง 19.03(a), (b)]
For purposes of subsection (a)( cool , the murder of a child victim under
10 years of age is an eligible capital offense.

The mother could also face charges.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces