Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Cutie-Pie

Someone who claims he is pro-life, hmm? Guess life doesn't matter so much when we're talking about a woman who may or may not be 'promiscuous' (which is apparently anyone who has sex and gets pregnant or something?) and/or someone who disagrees with his political views rolleyes

Fanatical Codger

This whole month I've had increasingly doubtful feelings towards any manifestation of political authority in this country. This has been one more disgusting incident to do just that.

Girl-Crazy Bloodsucker

Kasumi of Vientown
Divine_Malevolence
I've always found the entire "Pro life" thing kind of ironic, considering that making abortion illegal really doesn't do anything but put the mother's life at risk.
You favor legislation that probably won't actually save unborn children, but stands a high chance of causing the deaths of fully functional members of society. Fkkn smart.

You are the moron here. Except in cases of rape. the woman made a conscious choice to have sex, and yo take the chance that she might get pregnant, no one forced her to take that chance. And then if she chose to get a dangerous and illegal back-alley abortion, then again, that is her choice. You are a moron because you refuse to acknowledge, or to let women take responsibility for, their own actions.

Yes, because children are tools used for punishment for the evil wimmiz having sex and not being barefoot and pregnant.
Lol for a pro-lifer you must really hate kids enough to force them on people who never wanted them in the first place.
Get off your high horse and quit pretending your s**t smells like roses.
Also, stop being obsessed with controlling a women's uterus. It's creepy.

Hallowed Explorer

I didn't really know it was meant to be a joke till a friend had to explain it to me. The more he explained to me how it was supposed to be 'funny' or whatever I just got madder and more disappointed this type of human makes money being a political blogger/writer. Wow, women are putting themselves in danger willingly because you took a medical procedure away from that could of be safe and sanitary instead of the at home job she paid someone to do without medical knowledge or training! ******** hilarious! Jackass...

I don't think men should be telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies, let alone make jokes about it. It often sounds like these men don't believe women have the smarts to control their own body and are too stupid to know better thus need someone treating them like property telling them what to do.
I do believe both man and woman should take responsibility equally to have safe sex though to help on such things. Abortion should be a option and choice of the woman but there's nothing wrong with teaching people safe ways to prevent something like that from being a future choice.

These are just my thoughts though. I'm pro-choice but I do believe we should teach people more about sex and the body as they age so it won't be so common to need these means. I mean they'll still be needed and done but help lessen the numbers. If that makes sense. I'm sorry I'll stop rambling now.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
With birth control implants being freely available as well as condoms I am surprised abortions are as common as they are today.

If people took precautions beforehand it would not even have to be an issue.

The implant costs $400 and lasts 4 years which makes it somewhat cheaper than contraceptive pills in the long term. And it is extremely cost effective when compared with an abortion that costs $1350 for a first trimester abortion, and considerably more for second trimester and later abortions.
just another dime a dozen texan moron.

Aged Noob

12,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
washu_2004
With birth control implants being freely available as well as condoms I am surprised abortions are as common as they are today.

If people took precautions beforehand it would not even have to be an issue.

The implant costs $400 and lasts 4 years which makes it somewhat cheaper than contraceptive pills in the long term. And it is extremely cost effective when compared with an abortion that costs $1350 for a first trimester abortion, and considerably more for second trimester and later abortions.

Yes, because condoms and birth control never ever fail.
I sincerely wish that Erick Erickson gets incurable cancer.

Greedy Consumer

azulmagia
you don't wish for him to apologize and resign instead?

edit: 'Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!' nietzsche
We Are Organisms
azulmagia

No, because

(a) He a long history of this kind of s**t

(b) He'll just be doing it somewhere else

(c) The world really doesn't need people like this sucking up our valuable oxygen.

Dapper Gawker

T3h Jinji
I guessed he was from Texas before I clicked the link. Surprise surprise, I was right. rolleyes Look, I know there's got to be a few non-crazys from Texas, right?

Right?

Eric Erickson

I'm stunned people really think I favor coat-hanger abortions. Of course, these are the ppl who think throwing tampons can stop democracy.

He doesn't get that the tampon thing was because tampons aren't allowed into TX legislators and guns are?
Er what democracy? The bill failed to pass twice and they didn't stop pushing it. Even after the majority said "no".

Greedy Consumer

azulmagia
We Are Organisms
azulmagia

No, because

(c) The world really doesn't need people like this sucking up our valuable oxygen.
The thing about wishes are, they can be anything. Farfetched even. So such a pitiful wish, is really yours?

Dapper Gawker

Divine_Malevolence
Kasumi of Vientown

Society needs to stop telling people that it's okay to have sex indiscriminately just because you feel like it. Have some self-control. And if you make that choice, and you get pregnant, you shouldn't blame the baby, who is completely innocent. Murdering babies just because they are inconvenient is selfish.
Yeah, but the thing about that is that some places still refuse to teach their children sex ed.
So quite often, they don't understand the consequences to begin with.
Which so has a habit of ending well, amirite?

But at the end of the day, it's part of human nature.
It's no more fit to punish someone for ******** than it is to punish them for eating or breathing.

And you still fail to address the irony of the pro-life stance and your lack of understanding of the human psyche.
S'more fkkn smarts.
Teens taught proper sex ed and given access to contraceptives have a lower pregnancy rate then teens who aren't. I've met girls who were 13 and on baby number 4... but NOPE sex ed isn't needed (even though she now knows where babies come from...)
We Are Organisms
azulmagia
We Are Organisms
azulmagia

No, because

The thing about wishes are, they can be anything. Farfetched even. So such a pitiful wish, is really yours?

Erickson is pitiful, not my wish. Not that I would pity him if he did get cancer for reals.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Kasumi of Vientown
Sex Ed was never necessary a hundred years ago because the vast majority of women knew how to say no, because pre-marital sex, and having a baby our of wedlock was enormously taboo. It happened, but it was extremely rare. So it is possible to just say no.

That is the single DUMBEST thing I've seen you post in this forum. Jesus, woman. Abortions have been performed for for centuries. Don't act like this s**t is new because you can't do basic research. Yeah, it was taboo, but it was also considered honorable to marry the woman and raise the child. Plenty of abortions were done in the 1600's and no one was charged because DNA evidence didn't exist and everyone felt sorry for a woman abandoned by the potential father. There was a case of a woman being tried for abortion, but not being found guilty because she married the only witness and he refused to speak against his wife. The number of abortions also skyrocketed when prostitution became a viable business.

Nice to know that you would tell a woman who was on birth control and had a condom, who still got pregnant, that she's a murdering whore if she didn't want the baby.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff