Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enjoyed it or not its still considered rape if he was underage and she did take advantage of him. Whether or not he had any long term effects it still prevented him from perhaps dating someone his own age and a few other life decisions or effect his perspective on a few things. Even tho genetically having sex at that age is prolly normal its puberty. But I understand the brain's decision making cortex isn't developed enough at that age, which means bad ideas seem like good ones at the time.

Tipsy Smoker

HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife
...I honestly don't have a comeback for this one. I could say "Hah! Women can rape people too!" But... that is most certainly not a good thing. So I'mma just gonna say "Shame. Shaaaame. Thou art a shameful shrew."

My big question is... if the boy agreed to live there, and she sexually abused him, then why the ******** didn't he just leave and go back home?! gonk There's something weird going on her. I'm calling it.

There are many reasons. 1) She was an authority figure and he was intimidated being only 14.
2) Boys often don't report this because of the heat men often receive for not "enjoying free sex.:

Oh wow, you took me seriously? Huh... alright! Yeah, she's an authoritative figure who had sex with a minor. That's highly frowned upon. But they did it for years. Then he tells the police after he leaves? That leaves a lot of questions open. Maybe he was using her. After all, she won the greatest teacher award. Or maybe she wanted to stop. We haven't heard the whole story or have gotten both of their opinions on the matter other than "she raped me for 4 years even though she let me live with her."

14 year olds can't consent first of all. Second of all, maybe he wanted to put it behind him and try to forget until he saw his rapist winning such an award. I know I wouldn't want anyone who raped me to be made out to be such a great person after what they did, and those people who think highly of her should know what she did.
NOPE. They do the same victim blaming dance with females.
Chahklet
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife
...I honestly don't have a comeback for this one. I could say "Hah! Women can rape people too!" But... that is most certainly not a good thing. So I'mma just gonna say "Shame. Shaaaame. Thou art a shameful shrew."

My big question is... if the boy agreed to live there, and she sexually abused him, then why the ******** didn't he just leave and go back home?! gonk There's something weird going on her. I'm calling it.

There are many reasons. 1) She was an authority figure and he was intimidated being only 14.
2) Boys often don't report this because of the heat men often receive for not "enjoying free sex.:

Oh wow, you took me seriously? Huh... alright! Yeah, she's an authoritative figure who had sex with a minor. That's highly frowned upon. But they did it for years. Then he tells the police after he leaves? That leaves a lot of questions open. Maybe he was using her. After all, she won the greatest teacher award. Or maybe she wanted to stop. We haven't heard the whole story or have gotten both of their opinions on the matter other than "she raped me for 4 years even though she let me live with her."

14 year olds can't consent first of all. Second of all, maybe he wanted to put it behind him and try to forget until he saw his rapist winning such an award. I know I wouldn't want anyone who raped me to be made out to be such a great person after what they did, and those people who think highly of her should know what she did.

Makes me want to bang my head into the wall, because they just don't get it.

Tipsy Smoker

HiyaHarley
Chahklet
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife

Yep. There is a reason PTSD and Stockholm exist.

Hilarious Puppy

Chahklet
HiyaHarley
Chahklet
HiyaHarley
Ember F Strife

Yep. There is a reason PTSD and Stockholm exist.

Aww, I didn't even consider Stockholm Syndrome! Well done good sir! You have won this argument. 3nodding

Buggy Mage

Ember F Strife

A lot of abuses happen over a long period of time. He may have been worried no one would believe him either since it wasn't in her character to do something like this.
Also the boy's parents may have pressured him to stay since it said they were worried about their son getting involved with gangs. Unusual situation but I can sort of get why they would take the teacher up on her offer.
This may be an unpopular stance, but I need more facts than just his minority before I would conclude that this was "abuse" and he was a "victim".
if she did in fact commit these crimes, off her. zero tolerance for child molesters.
Are you guys retarded? This grown a** woman had sex with a CHILD. that is automatically rape

Barton Paladin

17,690 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
azulmagia
This may be an unpopular stance, but I need more facts than just his minority before I would conclude that this was "abuse" and he was a "victim".
The fact that he's a minor is the reason it's rape. A minor cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult. Someone said it earlier in the thread, but an adult, especially one in authority (doubly so here since she was his teacher at one time and it was her house) can exert a lot of pressure on children and teens. Combine that with the fact that their decision making abilities are not fully developed and that there are a shitton of hormones wreaking havoc there and it's clear that whatever the kid may or may not have agreed to, they're being taken advantage of.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The number of pricks here questioning whether or not this was rape, when if the genders were reversed there would be no question other than which pitchfork to use. Goddamn, you guys disappoint me. This b***h ain't Jennifer Lopez.
Elraine Figarette
azulmagia
The fact that he's a minor is the reason it's rape. A minor cannot consent to sexual relations with an adult. Someone said it earlier in the thread, but an adult, especially one in authority (doubly so here since she was his teacher at one time and it was her house) can exert a lot of pressure on children and teens. Combine that with the fact that their decision making abilities are not fully developed and that there are a shitton of hormones wreaking havoc there and it's clear that whatever the kid may or may not have agreed to, they're being taken advantage of.

Nonsense. I'm sure at some point, he's done it enough to know exactly what he was consenting to.

This guy could have broken this s**t up any time by going to the cops if he didn't like what she was doing to him, or at least threatening to do so. After it, it was she who was the one who wanted to keep this under wraps.

Amorous Hunter

17,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Nyan believed whatever happened in the house of the teacher....

Must be something... because it took the boy to speak out after this long time.

Omnipresent Warlord

Elraine Figarette
azulmagia

You're talking to a guy who doesn't believe in age of consent laws and also COINCIDENTALLY hits on women half his age on this website.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
azulmagia
Elraine Figarette
azulmagia

Nonsense. I'm sure at some point, he's done it enough to know exactly what he was consenting to.

This guy could have broken this s**t up any time by going to the cops if he didn't like what she was doing to him, or at least threatening to do so. After it, it was she who was the one who wanted to keep this under wraps.

The article does not give enough information for you to state your guess of his thoughts and feelings as facts.
Yes, he could have told the cops or his school. That's about the only thing we can reasonably know from the article.
But the article does not say why he continued to live away from home once his collar bone was healed. It might be because he liked the sex, as you seem to assume. It might be because there was some really bad s**t going on in his real home that he was trying to avoid. It might even be that his mom is so poor there was rarely food in the house and where he was living there was lots of food.

There are any number of reasons why he may have considered that telling and being removed from the home and likely sent back to his own home would be worse than staying. The fact that he waited until he was 18 and thus legally free to move where ever he wanted is rather interesting and suggests there may be more to this story.

Yes, some teenagers of both sexes enjoy having sex with adults.
It doesn't mean they all do.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces