Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with Delle42

Agile Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Dunkin' Donuts To Recognize Employee Who Calmly Dealt With Customer Freakout (UPDATE)

Quote:
Whoever says that working in food services is a thankless career will have a hard time believing this.

According to the company's Twitter feed, Dunkin' Dounts, the world’s largest donut chain, plans to honor a Florida employee who earlier this week calmly dealt with a verbally-abusive customer. The employee, now identified as 18-year-old Abid Adar of Fort Lauderdale, endured an eight-minute long rant by 27-year-old Taylor Chapman, who demanded free food because she didn't receive a receipt with a previous order.

The angry customer uploaded a video of the episode to YouTube, which subsequently went viral -- though not for the reasons she hoped -- with more than 500,000 views by Wednesday morning. (You can see the video above, but a warning: It does include adult language.)

Dunkin Donuts has since been bombarded with requests on its Twitter feed to reward the employee for his valiant customer service.

...You can read the rest here (complete with twitter screen caps)!

In a relationship with Delle42

Agile Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Very embarrassed that this woman is from my home state, KY. I was mortified when she mentioned it. Ugh... some people have no manners at all. Maybe Hannibal's whole "eat the rude people" concept wasn't so bad after all. rolleyes I kid, I kid.... but, really.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jeez. That girl is psycho and ignorant. I feel sorry for the guy in line that had to put up with her running her mouth the whole time. :/

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

Over a stupid receipt,I hope the dumb broad gets super humiliated over this.>>;

Either way,the guy does deserve something for dealing with people like that.~nod~

Mega Noob

"My donuts are probably full of snot and piss right now. I'm giving them to my boyfriend"

I pity him.

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
entitled b***h...

King Noob

huh I always wondered if someone would bring up their sign that says "don't get a receipt? the food is on us!" (or something along those lines) and how people would go about proving you didn't get the receipt. They should really get rid of that sign.

Eww this happened near me.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
I don't see the problem with this. She seemed reasonable enough for the most part, even her language was a bit profane. That's just how some people talk, it's not really offensive. If you imagine her video without those obscenities, what did she say that's so inappropriate?

Dangerous Citizen

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
some people really... I love it when someone thinks they are in the right and makes a fool of themselves (even if it is me.)

On a different note just because dunkin is the biggest doughnut chain doesn't make it the best. Two things, I think their doughnuts suck (dry and tasteless in some occasions.) and on an actual fact they use a specially formulated smell that they had set up on public transit to literally spray in the victims face when a dunkin ad was played over the busses speakers (coffee smell). Not only that but at their own headquarters they have other smells running through the entire building that make you crave doughnuts. They've been researching it on their own employees... I just have no respect for Dunkin... I'll take a Krispy Kreme or one of my local "Square doughnuts" (not a chain) any day.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Ah, I read about this on Tumblr. Woman is ******** crazy.
she thinks she's in the right but she's not.

Chatty Lunatic

11,775 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Streaker 200
Yuki_Windira

Either way,the guy does deserve something for dealing with people like that.~nod~

It's less likely over not having gotten a receipt and more likely that she used it, and her anger, as an excuse to try and bully the employee into giving her free food. People do that more often than you think. Having worked customer service as a kid, a lot of people would become verbally abusive if you didn't let them swindle you LOL.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
that girl has problems lol

i feel so bad for that poor guy she's bugging. it's so obvious he's uncomfortable.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
You know something are just not worth fighting for.

Blessed Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
MemoriesOfGreen
Yuki_Windira

It's less likely over not having gotten a receipt and more likely that she used it, and her anger, as an excuse to try and bully the employee into giving her free food. People do that more often than you think. Having worked customer service as a kid, a lot of people would become verbally abusive if you didn't let them swindle you LOL.

She wasn't "swindling" anyone. Dunkin Donuts has a policy of giving their customers a free meal if their employees forget to give them a receipt. She complained that this policy wasn't honored the night before and that the employee she dealt with was rude, and she was right to complain about this. She handled the incident in a reasonable enough away, her obscenities aside. She was hostile towards the employee that had been rude to her, but otherwise she seemed pleasant enough towards the rest of the staff, if a bit impatient at times.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff