Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Quote:
In a shocking interview in New York Magazine’s “Science Of Us” column, an anonymous 18-year-old woman talks openly about her romantic relationship with her biological father — whom she met after years of being estranged.

We know this as adult incest — an illegal activity in all U.S. states with the exception of Rhode Island and New Jersey — but there’s a more scientific term for the““intense romantic and sexual feelings” felt between estranged family members. It’s called Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA).

Scientists who have studied the phenomenon explain it as “including a primordial feeling of always having ‘belonged’ to the estranged relative, a sense of wanting to experience the bonding missed out on during childhood, or simply an overwhelming closeness based on similarities.”

While the interview with the woman is riveting in its entirety, below are a few choice quotes that will answer your most, uh, pressing questions about the matter:

On her romantic/sexual history:

In fifth grade I dated a boy for two years. But one night he got drunk and had sex with a girl who ended up pregnant. It f**ked everything up. I told him he had to go and be with this girl and take care of the kid…I had a girlfriend in middle school and that was the most major sexual experience I’d ever had. But she was very religious and every time we were intimate she would sob and read me verses out of the Bible. It made me feel like I’d hurt her.

On reconnecting with her dad:

We chitchatted online for a few days and found out we were similar. We shared the same favorite TV shows — The Simpsons and The Big Bang Theory — and we both love to draw. He came to see me about a week later. You wouldn’t have believed we hadn’t been around each other for 12 years. The idea of “getting to know him” seemed strange because we are so much alike. He came and hung out all day and then I asked to come spend a week with him — he lived in a small town about 30 minutes away. I think my mom knew I was going to move out and it really was getting to the point where I needed to escape, she was so controlling.

On feeling an instant attraction to her father:

It was so weird and confusing. I was seeing my dad for the first time in forever but it was also like, He’s so good-looking! And then I was like,What the hell are you thinking? What is wrong with you? I saw him as my dad but then also part of me was like, I’m meeting this guy who I have been talking to over the internet and really connecting with and I find him attractive.

On how the relationship turned sexual:

[We] were play-wrestling in the room I was going to sleep in and I bit him. He was wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a tank top and after I bit him I could see goose bumps pop up from his toes to his shoulders. Then he pinched my inner thigh and I got goose bumps. We stopped and said that we didn’t know what was going on but admitted that we had strong feelings for each other. We discussed whether it was wrong and then we kissed. And then we made out, and then we made love for the first time. That was when I lost my virginity.

On their first sexual experience:

It was insanely sensual. It lasted for about an hour and there was a lot of foreplay. We both had orgasms. We are so similar, so it’s so easy to sexually please each other. For example, we both love neck-biting. I’ve never been in a more passionate, loving, fulfilling situation.

On whether or not the father/daughter dynamic affects their sex life:

[It] has come up a couple of times when one of us blurts out “baby girl” or “daddy” or something. Last time it happened, we both stood up and stopped doing what we were doing. It caught us off guard.

On their unusual living arrangements:

[He] was with a woman for eight years and she’s now our roommate. Talk about awkward for the first three months! She found out [about us] when she heard us making love. I guess we didn’t realize how thin the bedroom floor was. She really didn’t mind. Now we’re like a little family. She calls me her daughter.

On when she just needs a dad:

When I need my dad I say, “Hey, Dad, I need you.” And then he’s not going to be my fiancé or my boyfriend, but my father.

On their wedding plans:

[We] aren’t doing a white wedding. The color scheme is black and purple, and we are both going to wear Converse tennis shoes. He’s wearing jeans and a nice dress shirt. He says he’s not wearing a bow tie, but it’s my wedding and I am saying that he is. My best friend will be my maid of honor and she’ll be dressed in purple. My grandmother and grandfather — my fiancé’s parents — are going to attend and my grandpa will give me away. The tables will have bouquets of trees without leaves to represent our marriage, which will be like a growing tree. My dress will be black…We plan to move to New Jersey where we can be safe under the law, since adult incest isn’t illegal there, and once I’m there I’ll tell everyone. I’ll call my mom and let her know that we are in love and we are having children.

On their plans to start a family:

We’ll have kids together. We’ve decided that most likely we won’t [tell them we are father and daughter]. I don’t want to give them any problems…I wouldn’t risk having a kid if I thought it would be harmful. I’ve done my research. Everybody thinks that kids born in incestuous relationships will definitely have genetic problems, but that’s not true.

Source
Full Interview via NY mag
Love is love! Stop the hatred! Stop the bigotry! rofl

Blessed Prophet

Holy s**t. This is just wrong on so many levels...

Opinionated Lunatic

17,075 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cart Raider 100
Electra complex is weird.

Also what kind of dad makes out with his girl?!

Tipsy Smoker

I don't want to read this bullshit.

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
This is were the next generation of kids might come out with some genetic issues: lower IQ, Hemophilia, aggression, enhanced allergies, maybe the rare early sexual development.

Ferocious Browser

In this sociology class i took they explained the theory that incest is pretty much globally looked down upon throughout time because of roles. when someone is your mother-sister, or uncle-husband, or husband-son.....how do you treat with them? how does the rest of the family treat with them? what is their role compared to others who share those titles? It gets confusing and conflictive.

at least they were estranged....but they know who the other was, that is still gross and it still, viscerally, seems wrong. they weren't even like the other recent story of brother and sister who only found out after they had reached the engagement phase, way far gone.

Liberal Fatcat

At least they arent going to tell their kids. Hopefully never. I dunno what I'd do if I was told my mother is also my biological sister and my father is also my biological grandfather. Im already trying to keep my head from exploding figuring out this mess of a family tree.

Magical Seeker

3,850 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
This Isnt Sparta
At least they arent going to tell their kids. Hopefully never. I dunno what I'd do if I was told my mother is also my biological sister and my father is also my biological grandfather. Im already trying to keep my head from exploding figuring out this mess of a family tree.
Either way it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up ******** their kids too. They have absolutely no chance.

Shirtless Detective

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
I was actually planning on posting the story too, as I just learned about it myself.
For one, I know exactly that having children by a blood relative, especially your father, would set you up for having children with genetic issues. My old friend was adopted into a family, and her biological parents were first cousins. She has a LOT of problems, and you can tell just by looking at her. It's very obvious... She didn't even know how to write until she was in high school! She remains barely literate... So this slut can't say that she won't have a child with genetic problems, because they CAN, and it's extremely likely they WILL. If my friend can be permanently disabled since conception because only her parents were first cousins, imagine the issues their babies will have!

And two, SHAME on the father! ... ********' pervert.
I met my biological father when I was a kid, and I've only seen him a handful of times since then. He's damn near 70 years old! I can't imagine doing ANYTHING with him other than simply seeing him in passing and talking to him for a few minutes. That's how I know him and that's how I choose to know him...

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I find what they're doing extremely creepy but that's their business. Although I don't think they should be having children together since it can lead to them having a lot of metal problems and health issues.

Time-traveling Lunatic

This is so creepy in so many levels and she thinks that her children will not have genetic problems? Lady you are doing your research wrong emotion_donotwant
"Who's yer daddy? Oh, right, that's me."

gonk

Wintry Dragon

How long before this becomes a normal thing?

Conservative Genius

6,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Can we please lock these sick pieces of s**t in an insane asylum? And keep them away from each other and from other people?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff