Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
d**k Clark, host of such so as "The $25,000 Pyramid" and "TV's Bloopers and Practical Jokes", passed away this morning of a heart attack. He was 82.

I was a bit shocked to see this bit of news. I always saw his shows as reruns, but he was one TV personality that I think could reach across many different ages. I may only be 23 years old, but he always caught my attention whenever I happened across him while channel surfing. He will be missed by many people indeed.
o_o; Does this mean the earth really will end in 2012?! Because now there's no more d**k Clark to ring in the new year..MAYBE THE MAYANS WERE RIGHT!!! IF NOT.. WE'RE STILL SCREWED ANYWAY CUZ WHO'LL TAKE THE PLACE AS HOST.. RYAN SEACREST OR JUSTIN BEIBER! NOOOOOOOOoooo00o0oOo!

5,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Oh lord forbid that one of them should do something like that. He was a host that can never be replaced.

Loving Elder

I was saddened by this news. I remember my mom used to watch American Bandstand and she and I would always dance. I was like 3 years old though but I remember it fondly. Not to mention the New Years events. It seems like all the talent is leaving.

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
he was a true gentleman!!!!!!!!!!!

Dedicated Wife

12,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
rest well d**k clark

5,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
He was a great host indeed.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
I saw this today in the NYT. Everybody dies sometime and he was pretty old but it still came as a surprise. It seems like he has been around forever.
Well, for now we still have Casey Kasem (American Top 40 and voice of Shaggy in Scooby Doo). He's the other hardly changing fixture I remember since childhood.

Toxic Punk

24,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Married 100
I thought he was older then 82. With all of his medical issues he always made time to ring the new year.

He will be greatly missed.

5,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Trust me, I understand fully that we all die at sometime (I'm a CNA and work in a nursing home), but it was still quite a surprise that he had passed. He had apparently gone in the day before for some out patient thing and passed of a heart attack the next morning. Of course, I have seen people pass of things that no one would have ever guessed either. I suppose that I was so surprised about this simply because he was a more notable figure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff