Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny

Funny, I never said they got off at all. I said they were never shot at.

Just admit that you would rather read "trusted" sources than listen to people who actually experience racism because that's much easier for you. It's easy to believe the world is rainbows and sunshine when you shut out the truth.

You basically said that they got off lighter than a black person would have, implying that if your relatives were black, they would have been racially profiled and treated more severely.

Not every instance of a black person being racially profiled or dealing with a police officer results in said black person being shot, so I'm not going to automatically assume that that's a realistic stance you're taking when you say that white people are treated differently by the police. Unless you want me to assume that that's your argument? "If you're black, cops will automatically shoot you on sight for your skin color. If you're white, cops will just call your mom to come pick you up."

The Peppermint Bunny
Just admit that you would rather read "trusted" sources than listen to people who actually experience racism because that's much easier for you. It's easy to believe the world is rainbows and sunshine when you shut out the truth.

Are you saying that I should view my relative's experiences from a perspective that says the police were simply racially profiling them for being white? And as a result of this conclusion, I should make the broader conclusion that police in general racially profile white people and treat them differently than others because of a few personal accounts?

You didn't really address what I said. In context, what you have been saying implied that I should make the conclusion that I did based upon a handful of people's personal experiences.

I'm not sure if your willful ignorance is sad or funny. Probably both, but sadder than it is funny, I guess. Have fun losing yourself in "trusted" sources rather than listening to people.

Lol, you aren't even trying to address what I said.

What you've been implying is basically an argument from personal experience. It basically goes like this:

1. I had a personal experience of God
2. God exists

It's a wide jump to make that type of conclusion based upon a few pieces of anecdotal evidence. That's why it isn't always practical to use personal observations when making a generalization about something.

I didn't even read what you had to say, because it's clear that you are one of those types that believes if it isn't wearing a white hood or burning crosses, it's not racist.
Bye!

How can you know what I believe if you didn't even read what I said?

Or is this another ignorant and biased conclusion that you're coming to based upon the fact that I'm white? Did like two people tell you that white people were racist, since that's how you draw your conclusions?

I pointed out how the conclusion that you drew wasn't exactly applicable based upon how you chose to support it and based upon what you chose to support it with.

If you're going to make a generalization, then at least make sure that there's enough concrete evidence to suggest that the generaliation is at least remotely true.

Implying that "black people are treated differently than white people" isn't a generalization that someone can reasonably make based upon a few pieces of anecdotal evidence.
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent

You basically said that they got off lighter than a black person would have, implying that if your relatives were black, they would have been racially profiled and treated more severely.

Not every instance of a black person being racially profiled or dealing with a police officer results in said black person being shot, so I'm not going to automatically assume that that's a realistic stance you're taking when you say that white people are treated differently by the police. Unless you want me to assume that that's your argument? "If you're black, cops will automatically shoot you on sight for your skin color. If you're white, cops will just call your mom to come pick you up."

Are you saying that I should view my relative's experiences from a perspective that says the police were simply racially profiling them for being white? And as a result of this conclusion, I should make the broader conclusion that police in general racially profile white people and treat them differently than others because of a few personal accounts?

You didn't really address what I said. In context, what you have been saying implied that I should make the conclusion that I did based upon a handful of people's personal experiences.

I'm not sure if your willful ignorance is sad or funny. Probably both, but sadder than it is funny, I guess. Have fun losing yourself in "trusted" sources rather than listening to people.

What you've been implying is basically an argument from personal experience. It basically goes like this:

2. God exists

It's a wide jump to make that type of conclusion based upon a few pieces of anecdotal evidence. That's why it isn't always practical to use personal observations when making a generalization about something.

I didn't even read what you had to say, because it's clear that you are one of those types that believes if it isn't wearing a white hood or burning crosses, it's not racist.
Bye!

Or is this another ignorant and biased conclusion that you're coming to based upon the fact that I'm white? Did like two people tell you that white people were racist, since that's how you draw your conclusions?

I pointed out how the conclusion that you drew wasn't exactly applicable based upon how you chose to support it and based upon what you chose to support it with.

If you're going to make a generalization, then at least make sure that there's enough concrete evidence to suggest that the generaliation is at least remotely true.

Implying that "black people are treated differently than white people" isn't a generalization that someone can reasonably make based upon a few pieces of anecdotal evidence.

Quote:
Or is this another ignorant and biased conclusion that you're coming to based upon the fact that I'm white?

Oh, poor you. I clearly hate you because you're white.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
That ******** thug deserved to be shot. emotion_donotwant
The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny
shockascent
The Peppermint Bunny

2. God exists

Bye!

Quote:
Or is this another ignorant and biased conclusion that you're coming to based upon the fact that I'm white?

Oh, poor you. I clearly hate you because you're white.

Well, since we're making extreme assumptions about each other based upon little to no information, then that is the obvious assumption.
Rookie cop was fired, chief says he broke protocol and being being probationary can't fight it, rookie says it was political. Frankly it's a bit of both. It will be up to a grand jury if rookie is charged.

I won't even try to argue that there were no political reasons for firing him. As for breaking protocol, when a rookie is the first guy in and is confronting a suspect before his training officer gets there, it does sound like someone screwed up. Why could this rookie not assess the situation and see that the suspect was unarmed suggesting that his taser should have been the preferred weapon? His training officer did use his taser.
I really do not understand why people do things like this and then wonder why there is some kind of repercussion. I understand that being shot was a bit much, but why do s**t like this and then cry victim when you get in trouble... you'd look really dumb and unfortunately the media is great at twisting the story around to what the majority of people want to hear.

Benevolent Sex Symbol

So I'm just tired of hearing how a black kid was shot, when this stuff happens all the time and media only pays attention to the one to build tension.
Man killed for no reason outside 7-11

I'm just gunna put it like this, it happens all the time by the police state using excessive force. In the link I posted here, this is an article on a man who was killed in 2014. Him and 2 friends were being stopped because they looked like someone the police were looking for. The one shot was walking away with headphones in when the police shot him. There is a very graphic video that IS the officers body cam, showing him shoot the kid, handcuffing him, running his pockets, calling clear, while they guy was bleeding all over the place. They barely tried to save him.

In simplicity, this does not just effect one, but all. The police state in general is just way out of line. To buy into racism will only move us back and divide us then us coming together as Americans.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff