Welcome to Gaia! ::

Witty Genius

9,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
David2074
Steam Punk Adept
What I wouldn't give for Facebook to simply cease to exist.

Why? FB had nothing to do with it.
It was simply the vehicle by which the apparently mentally unstable (or extremely entitled) douchebag realized the girl was not keen on him. Take away computers all together and you still have human beings on the planet realizing they have been rejected by someone. Virtually every one of us has been rejected by someone over the course of our lives. Most of us don't take them hostage and pour boiling water on their faces.

At least it happened over in India where women have no value anyway so it makes it okay.
(and in case anyone reading this can't discern sarcasm - read the last bit as "I see the bigger problem to be not FB but the culture of the country that generally makes it common to treat women (and some classes of people) as inferior.)
See This, this, and most especially THIS as reasons

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Steam Punk Adept
David2074
Steam Punk Adept
What I wouldn't give for Facebook to simply cease to exist.

Why? FB had nothing to do with it.
It was simply the vehicle by which the apparently mentally unstable (or extremely entitled) douchebag realized the girl was not keen on him. Take away computers all together and you still have human beings on the planet realizing they have been rejected by someone. Virtually every one of us has been rejected by someone over the course of our lives. Most of us don't take them hostage and pour boiling water on their faces.

At least it happened over in India where women have no value anyway so it makes it okay.
(and in case anyone reading this can't discern sarcasm - read the last bit as "I see the bigger problem to be not FB but the culture of the country that generally makes it common to treat women (and some classes of people) as inferior.)
See This, this, and most especially THIS as reasons

Okay, I looked at your links.
Link 1
FB keeps track of whether or not you edit/delete text and may in the future keep the actual text.

Link 2
"A user reported content on her page, and it was mistakenly removed by Facebook. When we realized the error we corrected it immediately, and restored full access to Ms Kang. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Link 3
An unstable teen gets in trouble with her parents and commits suicide when they ban her from a web site which happens to be FB. (Which is FB's fault how exactly? Would you be blaming Ford motor company if she had instead killed herself because her parents took away her car?)

None of that makes what happened in this article Facebook's fault in the least.
Many millions of people use Facebook without kidnapping and maiming people.
I stand by my original statement that it isn't FB's fault that the boy is messed up in the head or that the girl decided she didn't like him after she got to know him better.
Naturally you are free to hate FB as much as you want but don't pretend the existence of their web site is the reason the boy is a dangerous nutter.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Satin with Latin
Alexander J Luthor
Gin And Puff
Shaman Slate

With Facebook steadily becoming the exclusive means of communication among teens in India, tragic news stories involving young Indian Facebook users are similarly on the rise.

What the unholy ******** is this
Goddamnit India now I hate you

I've hated them since a doctor murdered an English girl on vacation and illegally harvested her organs before her parents could transport her back to England for the burial.

When was that? I've hated India since I learned of bride burning.
THE ******** did I just read? This on happened early last year. Little British girl on vacation in India went to the hospital with dehydration. The doctor forced a shot into her and refused to tell the parents what it was. The girl suddenly began convulsing and died. When they got the body back to London, the doctors went to perform an autopsy to figure out what the poison was and all of her organs were gone. They arrested the doctor and about five nurses and opened up an organ hole in the Indian black market because those tards apparently don't have a donation system set up for their own people.

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Alexander J Luthor
Satin with Latin
Alexander J Luthor
Gin And Puff
Shaman Slate

With Facebook steadily becoming the exclusive means of communication among teens in India, tragic news stories involving young Indian Facebook users are similarly on the rise.

What the unholy ******** is this
Goddamnit India now I hate you

I've hated them since a doctor murdered an English girl on vacation and illegally harvested her organs before her parents could transport her back to England for the burial.

When was that? I've hated India since I learned of bride burning.
THE ******** did I just read? This on happened early last year. Little British girl on vacation in India went to the hospital with dehydration. The doctor forced a shot into her and refused to tell the parents what it was. The girl suddenly began convulsing and died. When they got the body back to London, the doctors went to perform an autopsy to figure out what the poison was and all of her organs were gone. They arrested the doctor and about five nurses and opened up an organ hole in the Indian black market because those tards apparently don't have a donation system set up for their own people.
You know that Gurkiren Kaur Loyal had a congenital heart defect, and a brain infection at the time of her death? Also, her organs were returned to England in October. So much for that conspiracy theory.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-24419052

Sleuth

I can't tell of this is funny or sad.

Undead Enchantress

Good thing we are mostly anonymous on Gaia. Imagine the butt hurt if we put someone on ignore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff