Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Bloodsucker

Next time, leave the poor kid at home if you plan on getting hammered.
Some people shouldn't even be parents to start with. Especially if they're gonna be pulling s**t like this.

Props to the kid for doing the right thing. I seriously hope someone in his family is kind enough to take him in while his train-wreck mom fixes her life.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Nobody Famous
Seriously? "Ratted" her out? That implies the kid did wrong by telling the truth, or that it wasn't already freaking obvious by her previous actions and the BAL that she was full of it. That was not only wrong of her to drink and drive in the first place and put others at risk, that was child endangerment because she had her son in the car. Not only does that kid need a better mom, but whoever wrote that needs remedial classes in journalism.
Yeah, they could have worded it better, but they could have been quoting the child's words as well, you never know. If they interviewed the seven year old he would use words like tattled and ratted her out.

Quotable Prophet

FirstBornTriplet
Nobody Famous
Seriously? "Ratted" her out? That implies the kid did wrong by telling the truth, or that it wasn't already freaking obvious by her previous actions and the BAL that she was full of it. That was not only wrong of her to drink and drive in the first place and put others at risk, that was child endangerment because she had her son in the car. Not only does that kid need a better mom, but whoever wrote that needs remedial classes in journalism.
Yeah, they could have worded it better, but they could have been quoting the child's words as well, you never know. If they interviewed the seven year old he would use words like tattled and ratted her out.

In which case they most likely would have used direct quotes of his words complete with quotations.

lastborntripletmack's Significant Otter

Popular Seeker

37,665 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
Nobody Famous
FirstBornTriplet
Nobody Famous

In which case they most likely would have used direct quotes of his words complete with quotations.
That is where I think they messed up, they did not use quotations, but then again it could be bad journalism. I was reading an article about two men that brutally attacked a store cashier that was 73, the term they used was "they beat the crap out of him." I thought these newspaper reporters were supposed to be more professional.

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
This kid should be proud of what he did and I hope that his mother in the future his mother makes better decisions.

JamesWN's Secret Admirer

Spoopy Bibliophile

I feel bad for the kid,getting stuck with a drunken loser for a 'parent'.Not only that,that a** of a reporter basically telling the kid that he was a bad child for telling the truth that saved both him and his mom,or anyone else, from possible death and injury. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff