Welcome to Gaia! ::

Considerate Gaian

Breaking News from La:

Quote:

HARRISON FORD INJURED IN SMALL PLANE CRASH AT VENICE GOLF COURSE
undefined

KABCBy ABC7.com staff
Updated 3 mins ago
VENICE, Calif. (KABC) -- Actor Harrison Ford was confirmed as the pilot injured in a small crash at Penmar Golf Course in Venice on Thursday afternoon.

The single-engine plane reportedly crashed shortly before 2:30 p.m. onto the golf course, just west of the Santa Monica Municipal Airport, according to Federal Aviation Administration officials. The plane was returning to the airport after reporting engine trouble, FAA officials said.

Los Angeles police said the plane made an emergency landing near Rose and Glenavon avenues.

Witness Elaine Miller said the plane appeared to be gliding in without noise and landed right side up. She ran up to the scene of the crash to help.

"He was able to speak. He expressed that he was in pain, which was no surprise," Miller said.

PHOTOS: Harrison Ford injured in Venice plane crash
Actor Harrison Ford is in critical condition after crashing a small plane during an emergency landing at a Venice Golf Course on Thursday, March 5, 2015.

A small plane piloted by actor Harrison Ford crashed at Penmar Golf Course in Venice on Thursday, March 5, 2015. Yellow tape is used to cordon off the area of a small plane crash at Penmar Golf Course in Venice. Harrison Ford was flying the plane on Thursday, March 5, 2015.
A small plane piloted by actor Harrison Ford crashed at the Penmar Golf Course in Venice on Thursday, March 5, 2015.
Actor Harrison Ford is in critical condition after crashing a small plane at the Penmar Golf Course in Venice on Thursday, March 5, 2015.

Actor Harrison Ford is in critical condition after crashing a small plane during an emergency landing at a Venice Golf Course on Thursday, March 5, 2015.

Ford was taken to a hospital in fair to moderate condition, Los Angeles Fire Department Assistant Chief Patrick Butler said. No other injuries were reported.

"These generally turn out quite traumatic, but I can report that the patient left the scene conscious and breathing," Butler added.

The actor, known for "Blade Runner" and the "Indiana Jones" franchise, was cast to reprise his role as Han Solo in the new "Star Wars" trilogy, slated for release in December. He was known for his love for flying.

"I love the freedom of flight. I love the places you go. I love the people in aviation, the people that I meet in aviation. I love seeing the world from an airplane. I'm in love with flying," Ford told Barbara Walters in a 2008 interview.

Tap to watch a video of Ford flying a plane.

The National Transportation Safety Board was leading the investigation.

Drivers were urged to avoid the area.

Source

Wintry Dragon

Oh no! Hope he makes it through.

Maybe you should edit that part with the code? Doesn't work anyway.

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:
I love the freedom of flight.

I love the freedom of being able to defend myself however I choose, ********.

Considerate Gaian

A mali
Oh no! Hope he makes it through.

Maybe you should edit that part with the code? Doesn't work anyway.

Thanks. I did not realize that. I fixed it and fixed the link.
Indiana your loosing your touch, did you forget the raft?

On a more serious note I'm glad it sounds like he will be alright and no one else was caught up in the crash landing.
Well I hope he's ok.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash

Quote:
It appeared he was flying solo.

Han...Solo..?
UNSUB
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/harrison-ford-injured-plane-crash

Quote:
It appeared he was flying solo.

Han...Solo..?

rofl

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Krissim Klaw

On a more serious note I'm glad it sounds like he will be alright and no one else was caught up in the crash landing.

Did it say he will be all right?
I saw that it said he is in critical condition. Which isn't so good.

Even without plane crashes several of my favorite actors are just getting pretty old.
Harrison Ford 72
Morgan Freeman 77
Sean Connery 84
Jack Nicholson 77
Robert de Niro 71
Al Pacino 74
Dustin Hoffman 77
Anthony Hopkins 77
And not quite as old -
Tom Hanks 58
David2074

Minus the use of critical condition tag used in this article, everything I have seen on it in the news points that there were no major injuries. One station that was covering it said his son tweeted out that he was 'battered, but okay.' I would have been too sad to crack my earlier joke if it sounded like things were actually serious.

Wintry Dragon

David2074
Krissim Klaw

Even without plane crashes several of my favorite actors are just getting pretty old.
Harrison Ford 72
Morgan Freeman 77
Sean Connery 84
Jack Nicholson 77
Robert de Niro 71
Al Pacino 74
Dustin Hoffman 77
Anthony Hopkins 77
And not quite as old -
Tom Hanks 58
You grew up with them, didn't you, David?

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
A mali
David2074
Krissim Klaw

Harrison Ford 72
Morgan Freeman 77
Sean Connery 84
Jack Nicholson 77
Robert de Niro 71
Al Pacino 74
Dustin Hoffman 77
Anthony Hopkins 77
And not quite as old -
Tom Hanks 58
You grew up with them, didn't you, David?

Pretty much I guess.
But I also feel sad there don't seem to be as many A-list actors filling the void as some of the older ones fade away. There are some younger actors (of both sexes) that I like but there aren't as many where just the fact they are starring means I will go see the movie.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Krissim Klaw
David2074

Minus the use of critical condition tag used in this article, everything I have seen on it in the news points that there were no major injuries. One station that was covering it said his son tweeted out that he was 'battered, but okay.' I would have been too sad to crack my earlier joke if it sounded like things were actually serious.

I guess it depends on whether his condition is really critical.
But if anything for famous people they typically downplay the seriousness of things.
HIPAA Updated Guidelines for Releasing Information on the Condition of Patients (provided by the American Hospital Association)

• Undetermined – Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
• Good – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
• Fair – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
• Serious – Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
• Critical – Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
Not Han SOLO!
David2074

I guess it depends on whether his condition is really critical.
But if anything for famous people they typically downplay the seriousness of things.
I know that can be the case, but none of the news feeds I saw on it prior to seeing it in this thread mentioned him being in critical condition. They were more along the lines of fair. Of course there is always a risk there could be something they don't yet know about considering this would be a very jarring accident. I'm trying to stay positive though because I'll be really bummed if he passes. The original Indiana Jones movies were some of my favorite movies as a kid, even if they were a bit before my time, and I've always enjoyed his acting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff