Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Alexander J Luthor
You ever see these stories and wish you could go back in time to beat these children within an inch of their life?

Which leads me to ask if there was a "god" who could foresee all of these crimes happening way before they actually do happen, then why would he or she allow the perps to exist in the first place?

Free will.

If that's so then "God" gave free will to the wrong species.

Lol they chose it when they ate from the tree of knowledge.
But most christian religions don't understand it so they just say God "calls people back to heaven".
That's why people are ******** confused.

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Alexander J Luthor
You ever see these stories and wish you could go back in time to beat these children within an inch of their life?

Which leads me to ask if there was a "god" who could foresee all of these crimes happening way before they actually do happen, then why would he or she allow the perps to exist in the first place?

Free will.

If that's so then "God" gave free will to the wrong species.

Lol they chose it when they ate from the tree of knowledge.
But most christian religions don't understand it so they just say God "calls people back to heaven".
That's why people are ******** confused.

Sorry I came off as defensive. Yes I am an Atheist but I do feel ashamed when other Atheists do stupid s**t too. I just think that brain washing people to believe that there is only one right way of doing things is totally wrong and hypocritical.

Tipsy Smoker

Old Ironsides

Sorry I came off as defensive. Yes I am an Atheist but I do feel ashamed when other Atheists do stupid s**t too. I just think that brain washing people to believe that there is only one right way of doing things is totally wrong and hypocritical.

You didn't. I think the worse kind of hypocritical are churches who don't teach from the book, but teach from the pulpit. That's the reason I know longer participate in religion. I don't want to follow blindly so if I'm going to follow the bible I would rather read it for myself. Also, I would rather discuss religion than argue because people are entitled to their own view of the world.

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

You didn't. I think the worse kind of hypocritical are churches who don't teach from the book, but teach from the pulpit. That's the reason I know longer participate in religion. I don't want to follow blindly so if I'm going to follow the bible I would rather read it for myself. Also, I would rather discuss religion than argue because people are entitled to their own view of the world.

I have never heard the phrase 'teaching from the pulpit'...*goes to look it up*

Tipsy Smoker

Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

Lol if you find the definition let me know. I've heard it growing up. biggrin

15,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
wow, what influenced the kid? it's just awful

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

The most I got out of searching is that it means that preachers use the pulpit as a means of protection.

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
crownvetch
wow, what influenced the kid? it's just awful

The article so far just states that there was intense sibling rivalry. But I think that the older kid felt that he was being left out or there was favoritism in the home where the younger adoptive brothers were being paid more attention to than the older kid (the couple's biological son).

So it was the older kid being a selfish brat.

Tipsy Smoker

Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

The most I got out of searching is that it means that preachers use the pulpit as a means of protection.

The saying usually means coming up with their own ideas while the people sit, listen, and take it as fact.

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

The saying usually means coming up with their own ideas while the people sit, listen, and take it as fact.

You mean taking the bible's words and twisting them into their own beliefs?

Tipsy Smoker

Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

Yea. People in church dnt actually read the bible.

Shy Explorer

7,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hygienic 200
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides
Chahklet
Old Ironsides

Yea. People in church dnt actually read the bible.

Some church services I've been to only read passages from the bible, but then the pastor goes into a 45 minute sermon about how it applies to his life. From the times I've been to a religion based activities, the only invisible power that works is the WiFi on my phone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff