Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Gawker

article

An 11-year-old Indian girl who was reportedly set on fire after resisting an attempted rape died of her injuries Sunday, according to multiple reports.

"The minor was admitted with critical burn injuries," SSKM Hospital Superintendent T.K. Ghosh said, according to New Delhi Television. Ghosh added that on Sunday morning, the girl "succumbed to her injuries."

According to The Times of India, the attack happened Wednesday, July 31, in Salkia. The victim was reportedly doused in kerosene and set on fire by two men who had attempted to rape her. She had said she recognized the men and had threatened to tell her parents. She suffered burns on 70 percent of her body.

"My daughter had gone to relieve herself, when some local youths tried to molest her. There is a chance that they tried to rape her. When she recognized them and said she would go home and tell us everything, they poured kerosene on her and set her ablaze," the girl's father said shortly after the attack, per the Times. "A few days back, my wife had a scuffle with Kundan, who is local anti-social [sic]. He threatened that he would take revenge. What has happened today is a fallout of that."

The Times of India reported Sunday that an 18-year-old suspect was arrested and charged with attempted rape and attempted murder.

Last month, two similar incidents were reported.

An 18-year-old was set on fire by a group of men as she was going home in the country's northern Uttar Pradesh state, CBS News reported via Reuters TV. That same month, a 20-year-old college student was reportedly set on fire after being raped.
For shame on the creeps who rape, kill, and everything in the above article. FOR SHAME!

Dedicated Prophet

Jesus.

What the fck is wrong with the youth of today?
And with people in general.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
emotion_8c Faith in humanity, lost again.

Unbeatable Hunter

9,475 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Citizen 200
yah I know right/ I mean really! if I would of seen that I would of grabbed a weapon and beat the s**t out of them!> sad

Mega Noob

The rape and violence that has been going on for a few decades in India is not usually well reported in newspapers. The pattern is very recognizable, rape the small girls and burn or chop the rest into unidentifiability. She's not alone, not by any means. There's been thousands like her. Rape, murder and ethnic displacement is directly encouraged - and even organized - by India's conservative party.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Well ... that's just ... damn it, why am I not surprised?
I just feel sad.

Dapper Gawker

Heimdalr
The rape and violence that has been going on for a few decades in India is not usually well reported in newspapers. The pattern is very recognizable, rape the small girls and burn or chop the rest into unidentifiability. She's not alone, not by any means. There's been thousands like her. Rape, murder and ethnic displacement is directly encouraged - and even organized - by India's conservative party.
I posted an article a while back about Indian mandating all soon to be husbands get a toilet in their house before they're married. Because a lot of attacks happen when women go to relieve themselves outside. And around 400 rapes could have been prevented if this happened. Someone had the gal to say 400 isn't that many and this law was "stupid".

Mega Noob

AnaI Crackers
Heimdalr
I posted an article a while back about Indian mandating all soon to be husbands get a toilet in their house before they're married. Because a lot of attacks happen when women go to relieve themselves outside. And around 400 rapes could have been prevented if this happened. Someone had the gal to say 400 isn't that many and this law was "stupid".

It also says a lot of the mentality; it's not an effort to actually ensure women have a place to go to the bathroom, but to protect them only after they become an investment of men.

Dapper Gawker

Heimdalr
AnaI Crackers
Heimdalr

It also says a lot of the mentality; it's not an effort to actually ensure women have a place to go to the bathroom, but to protect them only after they become an investment of men.
even if it saved only one woman, that's still progress and one rape is one too many.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
zenie250
yah I know right/ I mean really! if I would of seen that I would of grabbed a weapon and beat the s**t out of them!> sad

Hm. Now me, I'd've tried putting out the little girl first, but hey, different strokes.

Greedy Consumer

Heimdalr
reminds me of that rape exposed in america by anonymous that was covered up by the school system.
This is horrible.

Shy Shapeshifter

Azloo
An 11-year-old Indian girl who was reportedly set on fire after resisting an attempted rape died of her injuries Sunday, according to multiple reports.
This isn't really shocking given India's long record of horrible treatment towards women.
That is terrible crying
poor girl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas