Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Dragon Master 50
More then 8 million people were without power due to the super storm Sandy.

Don't you think that number is rather high and that perhaps half of that are made up in Gaians? I am not saying this just for my my greedy reasons in wanting to really get that achievement, I live in Florida and we were only slightly effected with a s**t ton of wind.

But I truly find it unfair that a lot of people were without power and might still be WITHOUT power due to the huge storm that hit a few states at the same time...I mean for real? stare

Dapper Darling

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome though. The only down side is missing a few items.
But we all miss items once in awhile due to things out of our control.
Besides this is a game. They have other things to worry about.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
I didn't even make it halfway, and a lack of power was a huge part of that. The U.S. East Coast makes up a huge percentage of the world's internet using population. I really don't find it fair.

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Chrome Prince
It likely wouldn't have changed the outcome though. The only down side is missing a few items.
But we all miss items once in awhile due to things out of our control.
Besides this is a game. They have other things to worry about.

I don't care about what ever outcome may have happened, I'm talking about millions of people not able to join in on the event due to the storm.

This is a community and the events to some mean a lot to them, considering events been going on a long time. I consider events a fun time of the year because it brings the Gaia community all together in one place.

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
I didn't even make it halfway, and a lack of power was a huge part of that. The U.S. East Coast makes up a huge percentage of the world's internet using population. I really don't find it fair.

Thank you! Exactly what I was implementing in the first post. Millions of people literally without power, and I think they should have extended the event knowing this was going on.

There are so many people that are or were without power and missed the last part of the event. I could care less what side wins/loses I was just irritated to see that they didn't extend it due to something that was out of people's control.

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku

Thank you! Exactly what I was implementing in the first post. Millions of people literally without power, and I think they should have extended the event knowing this was going on.

There are so many people that are or were without power and missed the last part of the event. I could care less what side wins/loses I was just irritated to see that they didn't extend it due to something that was out of people's control.
Plus...I never got my splendid jacket sad Ya, they had bigger issues with the storm......and that's exactly why the event shoulda had more time. Because people couldn't shirk all responsibilities t get to a working computer

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku

Plus...I never got my splendid jacket sad Ya, they had bigger issues with the storm......and that's exactly why the event shoulda had more time. Because people couldn't shirk all responsibilities t get to a working computer

Exactly not like someone is going to do what ever they can in the middle of a crisis to get online to do the event lmao..

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku

Exactly not like someone is going to do what ever they can in the middle of a crisis to get online to do the event lmao..
"Go call grandma and see if she's all right!" "In a minute. This admin's going down if I hit him 27 more times."

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
i agree. i dont' know why then ended it so early this year :/ they always let it go a few days after. i was hoping i could finish up today crying

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The world doesn't center around the USA so sorry.

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
King Blackwater
The world doesn't center around the USA so sorry.

Uh excuse me? The world doesn't revolve around you either. I simply put up a very selfless thread saying that it should have been extended. Don't you realize that people were killed because of this tragic incident? (ALSO that people were not only KILLED here in the US but other area's as well due to this storm? Hm think before you react.) You don't see the US turning their back on other countries, we've helped others threw the red cross. That's besides the point, its extremely rude of you to say such a thing.

And besides that as stated above, Halloween events have in the past been extended.

Also to add, just because you do not live here don't give you the right to say that. I never said OH BECAUSE WE'RE THE USA WE DESERVE AN EXTENSION! -derp- If something tragic happened where ever you're living and you had a sense of sadness for your fellow citizens you'd be saying the same thing. I feel sorry for people who were not able to continue the event due to mother nature.

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
IRKY
i agree. i dont' know why then ended it so early this year :/ they always let it go a few days after. i was hoping i could finish up today crying

I was thinking the same thing, was rather surprised and shocked that that they ended it right on time this year. Another thing to think about some people have families that do Halloween parties/events in real life. Therefore people being busy, its not like everyone lives on Gaia.

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku
Spandex Pudding
Wako Smitty no Yuuku

"Go call grandma and see if she's all right!" "In a minute. This admin's going down if I hit him 27 more times."

Lmfao, this got a good chuckle outta me!

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
Spandex Pudding
IRKY

I was thinking the same thing, was rather surprised and shocked that that they ended it right on time this year. Another thing to think about some people have families that do Halloween parties/events in real life. Therefore people being busy, its not like everyone lives on Gaia.

i also agree with that. and after halloween some people might be hung over and skipping class/ work and have free time to do the event *coughmecough*

Romantic Vampire

10,090 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
IRKY
Spandex Pudding
IRKY

i also agree with that. and after halloween some people might be hung over and skipping class/ work and have free time to do the event *coughmecough*

Haha, well I am really sorry that you missed out on some stuff. sad
I would like to know why it wasn't extended not just because of the life changing events for millions of people.. gonk

But seriously why so different..I mean..its never been like this before..felt like it ended so abruptly! And it felt like it wasn't nearly as long as past events. I was getting worried that they wouldn't have started it on time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff