Welcome to Gaia! ::

I like RPG games, being a huge fan of Morrowind and D&D, so which games would you recommend for me? I want to get a Wii, but their selection is limited. Also, what's your stand on PS2 vs. Xbox?

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
If you already have a PS2, I'd suggest Dark Chronicle. It's one of my favourite RPGs, with so much to do, and it's quite different from any other I can think of. I only just finished the extra stuff a week ago, and this game was released in 2003 or something.

I don't really recommend the Wii, unless you very regularly find yourself with 2-3 other friends and no games worth playing. Of all the consoles I've had, it's gathered the most dust.
Flash The Leopard
If you already have a PS2, I'd suggest Dark Chronicle. It's one of my favourite RPGs, with so much to do, and it's quite different from any other I can think of. I only just finished the extra stuff a week ago, and this game was released in 2003 or something.

I don't really recommend the Wii, unless you very regularly find yourself with 2-3 other friends and no games worth playing. Of all the consoles I've had, it's gathered the most dust.

I don't presently own a PS2 or any console gaming system. Just a laptop, and it's a Dell. I wanted the Wii primarily for the Sports package, and also for the new Epic Mickey game that's coming out. Of course, that could all just be hype, and later turn out to be a complete waste of money.

However, I am willing to invest in an older gaming system such as the PS2 or Xbox, but so far, I'm leaning more towards the PS2. First of all, it has the bigger library of RPG's available such as Final Fantasy and Dark Chronicle (by your suggestion). Of course, there is also the issue of Assassin's Creed and Left4Dead, both of which I have not yet played but would like to. Unfortunately, you need an Xbox for that, unless they've made versions for PS2.

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Assassin's Creed is PS3/Xbox 360 only, both old consoles are no help here...

Left4Dead also isn't available for PS2/Xbox, but if your laptop is good enough you could get the PC version. If not, Xbox 360 is the only option.
Grandia games are quite good. Different take on battling that makes it less reptitive.
Also Breath of Fire.

Beloved Lunatic

10,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
You'd have to work to find them, but the Tales games are a good investment. Tales of Vesperia for the X-Box 360, Tales of Legendia for the PS2, Tales of Symphonia for the GameCube, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World for the Wii (yes, as much as they could've done more with it, it has some merit). Final Fantasy XIII for the 360 would've been better if it didn't drag on so long sweatdrop
black opts just came out and halo reach for 360 dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces