3,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
m00tz
Catilleon

Hmmm. I suppouse it makes sense that Obilvion fans would look up Fallout 3 when they heard Bethesda made it.But something tells me that questions you being more of a twit than an actual query.
Anyway I was refered to fans of Fallout when it was still under Interplay, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tatics... and technically Fallout Brotherhood of Steel but no one liked that.

You do know a majority of the 1+2 fanbase dislike a lot of Fallout 3 right?

True. Though it did ensure an initial fanbase to some extent not only that the sheer fac that another gaming company has reigns over a fairly popular franchise caused a deal of publicity. This would have lead to people researching the lore of the original series. That's how I got into Fallout.

i grew up on fallout 1,2 and tactics. love it love it love it, fallout 3 was interesting but could not compare to 2, i love vegas because it is made for the original fans, i would have still added atleast the entire arsenal of fallout 2 (i miss you bozar!!! and the pulse rifle! or i can just say every weapon that is missing...(caseless smgs!)), but atleast there was was carry-through when obsidian joined..

I worked the opposite way I played Fallout 1 and 2 after I started looking up information on Fallout 3. Wether you prefer the Interplay's or Bethesda's version the games make for a fun world.
Both are good but I have to lean towards more of Fable. Due to the whole RPGFPS doesn't really interest me that much. I'm more of a person who prefers the whole medieval fantasy type of RPG's.

So Fable 3 on this one.
InfamousArkham
Both are good but I have to lean towards more of Fable. Due to the whole RPGFPS doesn't really interest me that much. I'm more of a person who prefers the whole medieval fantasy type of RPG's.

So Fable 3 on this one.
since you prefer fantasy that is well and good.... but you do realize that Fallout can also be played in third person, without any use of assisted aiming, and you do not specifically have to use guns... in fact New Vegas went out of its way to make unarmed and melee viable and endgame unarmed is one of the most overpowered paths to take since you reach a point where you can drop damn near any enemy with one punch
Dampylle
InfamousArkham

So Fable 3 on this one.
since you prefer fantasy that is well and good.... but you do realize that Fallout can also be played in third person, without any use of assisted aiming, and you do not specifically have to use guns... in fact New Vegas went out of its way to make unarmed and melee viable and endgame unarmed is one of the most overpowered paths to take since you reach a point where you can drop damn near any enemy with one punch

Like I didn't know that. I still prefer the medieval fantasy time setting rpg's.
InfamousArkham
Dampylle
InfamousArkham

So Fable 3 on this one.

Like I didn't know that. I still prefer the medieval fantasy time setting rpg's.
no worries and as I said since you prefer a fantasy setting it is likely not a huge seller for you

I just know a lot of people run around calling it a FPS RPG and not all seem to be aware that neither the first person camera or guns are forced choices in the game so thought I would mention it.
Dampylle
InfamousArkham
Dampylle
InfamousArkham

So Fable 3 on this one.

no worries and as I said since you prefer a fantasy setting it is likely not a huge seller for you

I just know a lot of people run around calling it a FPS RPG and not all seem to be aware that neither the first person camera or guns are forced choices in the game so thought I would mention it.

I just prefer using a sword, bow/crossbow and spells. xP
Acacia the wolf
m00tz
Killer Kalkin
Truth be told, they both have their pros and cons. If you prefer a good FPS to an RPG, Go for New Vegas. If you Want RPG, go for Fallout.

Fallout as in the first game? one of the other games? or the series as a whole?

I think he meant Fable (as in Fable 3) instead of Fallout. It was a probably a mistype. If you're in a FPS mood go for fallout NV, if you're in a RPG mood, go for Fable 3.

But yeah wich one is better.. Depends if you played Fallout 3 before and if you played Fable 2 before 3nodding

actually i think he meant fallout because the first one was an rpg and not a shooter
You can't even compare fallout: new vegas to fable 3.
Fable 3 is pretty damn boring.
Catilleon
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
m00tz
Catilleon

Hmmm. I suppouse it makes sense that Obilvion fans would look up Fallout 3 when they heard Bethesda made it.But something tells me that questions you being more of a twit than an actual query.
Anyway I was refered to fans of Fallout when it was still under Interplay, Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tatics... and technically Fallout Brotherhood of Steel but no one liked that.

True. Though it did ensure an initial fanbase to some extent not only that the sheer fac that another gaming company has reigns over a fairly popular franchise caused a deal of publicity. This would have lead to people researching the lore of the original series. That's how I got into Fallout.

i grew up on fallout 1,2 and tactics. love it love it love it, fallout 3 was interesting but could not compare to 2, i love vegas because it is made for the original fans, i would have still added atleast the entire arsenal of fallout 2 (i miss you bozar!!! and the pulse rifle! or i can just say every weapon that is missing...(caseless smgs!)), but atleast there was was carry-through when obsidian joined..

I worked the opposite way I played Fallout 1 and 2 after I started looking up information on Fallout 3. Wether you prefer the Interplay's or Bethesda's version the games make for a fun world.

i enjoy all that is fallout, i even played the crappy-ish xbox brotherhood of steel one XD but i hope there is a deathclaw companion in a DLC or something that revolves around marcus, or old area's of fallout 2 (first one might be the cut bit of the enclave oil rig)
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
m00tz
Catilleon

i enjoy all that is fallout, i even played the crappy-ish xbox brotherhood of steel one XD but i hope there is a deathclaw companion in a DLC or something that revolves around marcus, or old area's of fallout 2 (first one might be the cut bit of the enclave oil rig)
there are already a few mods to create a death claw companion in new vegas actually... no idea if Obsidian will make an official one but fans have already begun working on them.
InfamousArkham
Dampylle
InfamousArkham
Dampylle
InfamousArkham

So Fable 3 on this one.

I just prefer using a sword, bow/crossbow and spells. xP

i am actually really amazed they did not put some sort of bow or cross bow in fallout NV, even a hi-tech on would have been neat...fallout tactics has a supersoaker that sprays acid :3
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
The Flys Wall
Catilleon

there are already a few mods to create a death claw companion in new vegas actually... no idea if Obsidian will make an official one but fans have already begun working on them.
well i am playing it on xbox, since i did not want to spent 1000$ plus on upgrading my comp but one can only hope for a death claw... or even a matriarch deathclaw, cause most can speak...does not have to be a companion... i loved my full melee sneak strike squad of me and deathclaws in fallout tactics:BoS. they were beautiful with their gore action ^^
The Flys Wall
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Catilleon
The Flys Wall
Catilleon

well i am playing it on xbox, since i did not want to spent 1000$ plus on upgrading my comp but one can only hope for a death claw... or even a matriarch deathclaw, cause most can speak...does not have to be a companion... i loved my full melee sneak strike squad of me and deathclaws in fallout tactics:BoS. they were beautiful with their gore action ^^
actually new vegas runs a modified version of the same engien from Oblivion and Fallout 3... should not take anywhere near that much to get a pc that can run it. My current rig only cost me 500 or so to build... and it can run it without issue.

I would say check systemrequirement lab to make sure you cant run it... as for the 360 version... I am not sure they really would go that route just because of how overpowered the damn things are in New Vegas.

3,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Catilleon

actually new vegas runs a modified version of the same engien from Oblivion and Fallout 3... should not take anywhere near that much to get a pc that can run it. My current rig only cost me 500 or so to build... and it can run it without issue.

I would say check systemrequirement lab to make sure you cant run it... as for the 360 version... I am not sure they really would go that route just because of how overpowered the damn things are in New Vegas.

I hate deathclaws in NV. At level 9 I wandered into the deathclaw nest at the quarry, running only served to get me trapped between two deathclaws on my tail and a Black Moutain super mutant.
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Dampylle
The Flys Wall
Catilleon

but then i would be too wanting to play guildwars2.... and would want it to look gooood

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff