Welcome to Gaia! ::

How difficult would you rate Protect the Princess now that Sir Corwin has to be kept alive, too?

0 - Intro 0.082474226804124 8.2% [ 8 ]
1 - Easy 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
2 - Moderate 0.21649484536082 21.6% [ 21 ]
3 - Medium 0.28865979381443 28.9% [ 28 ]
4 - Hard 0.11340206185567 11.3% [ 11 ]
5 - Nightmare 0.18556701030928 18.6% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 97 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 14 15 16 >

Moonlight Bunny

22,725 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
sMiRnOfF_kId
Erynnis_Tristis
Survivor keeps glitching on me. First battle screen is a bunch of red dots duking it out. xp Makes it hard to do the poll, since I'd probably like that one if I could play through the scenario.

And I like wave, but I'm not sure how to win at it. The 3rd wave is kind of overpowering at the end. I guess it's great if you just want more essences (since there's plenty of cannon fodder in the first 2 waves), but the EXP for losing is kind of pathetic.

winning wave is more luck than anything, the best way to tackle it is to retreat to your home portal at the beginning of 3rd wave, like ppl have been saying, and then, you can get lucky on two ways:

1. you manage to PIN one of the mana wells with your lower HP units and concentrated your heavy hitters on the other mana well, win that battle and keep moving and pinning the mana well

or

2. you get pinned at your portal. but belph does move all the units, just won a match when i failed at pinning the well, but only 15/16 untis swarmed my portal, and then it was an 18 to 15/16 battle and i survived!!

if you survive the first major battle of 3rd wave and still has your aoe hitters it becomes almost easy!!

but again, i feel luck plays a major role on the outcome!!

omg, awesome. Just won it for the first time. (Thanks for the hints. heart )

Invisible Elder

Erynnis_Tristis
sMiRnOfF_kId
Erynnis_Tristis
Survivor keeps glitching on me. First battle screen is a bunch of red dots duking it out. xp Makes it hard to do the poll, since I'd probably like that one if I could play through the scenario.

And I like wave, but I'm not sure how to win at it. The 3rd wave is kind of overpowering at the end. I guess it's great if you just want more essences (since there's plenty of cannon fodder in the first 2 waves), but the EXP for losing is kind of pathetic.

winning wave is more luck than anything, the best way to tackle it is to retreat to your home portal at the beginning of 3rd wave, like ppl have been saying, and then, you can get lucky on two ways:

1. you manage to PIN one of the mana wells with your lower HP units and concentrated your heavy hitters on the other mana well, win that battle and keep moving and pinning the mana well

or

2. you get pinned at your portal. but belph does move all the units, just won a match when i failed at pinning the well, but only 15/16 untis swarmed my portal, and then it was an 18 to 15/16 battle and i survived!!

if you survive the first major battle of 3rd wave and still has your aoe hitters it becomes almost easy!!

but again, i feel luck plays a major role on the outcome!!

omg, awesome. Just won it for the first time. (Thanks for the hints. heart )

congrats!!

Destructive Bunny

I like the stars difficulty system! <3

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Starshine

Thanks!
I figured that it would be at apt way to measure the modes' difficulties. This way it will be comparable to the difficulties of the standard PvE modes.

It seems like most people seem to feel like Wave Attack is slightly less difficult than Nightmare mode.
(The polls currently have Wave Attack assigned a 4.2 star difficulty. We'll see if that changes before the end of the day.)

Destructive Bunny

Haku of Kirigakure
Starshine

Thanks!
I figured that it would be at apt way to measure the modes' difficulties. This way it will be comparable to the difficulties of the standard PvE modes.

It seems like most people seem to feel like Wave Attack is slightly less difficult than Nightmare mode.
(The polls currently have Wave Attack assigned a 4.2 star difficulty. We'll see if that changes before the end of the day.)

The pros of wave attack if that you don't need your own deck. Where as belphy is tough to essence farm if you don't have some rare cards.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Starshine
Haku of Kirigakure
Starshine

Thanks!

The pros of wave attack if that you don't need your own deck. Where as belphy is tough to essence farm if you don't have some rare cards.

That's true. The challenge here is catered to the deck you're given.

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

The poll on Wave Attack is closing with a final difficulty of 4.1 stars.
I'll be opening up a poll now that will rank Survivor.

Destructive Bunny

What is the difference between moderate and medium? :3

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Starshine
What is the difference between moderate and medium? :3

I had quite the time trying to think of what to call whatever would go between Easy and Medium.
I couldn't think of anything that meant 'between easy and medium'.
For the scale, I used most of the names from the standard PvE mode as a means of comparison. Moderate would be easier than Flamewing, but harder than Hell Whelp.

Enduring Citizen

This thread is very useful. I think you could expand on it by listing the decks that you're given and the decks the computer uses.

A Glitch

new herald update broke wave attack i think!!

not that we'd havew any change on 3rd wave without keljanas blocking specials!!

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50
Trap Lover
This thread is very useful. I think you could expand on it by listing the decks that you're given and the decks the computer uses.

Thank you!
I will consider the suggestion. If I can figure out the decklists I will likely add them in, although I cannot guarantee that I will. (Devil's Nest may even be impossible to figure out. There is just no enduring that swarm!)

GoDoFuNdO
new herald update broke wave attack i think!!

not that we'd havew any change on 3rd wave without keljanas blocking specials!!

I noticed that. I'm not sure if it's bugged or not, although it may have been disabled for various reasons, (Keljana's debuff, or excessive essence farming). There's really no telling as of yet. We'll just have to wait until the weekend is over and the developers are back online.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate that you have taken the time to let me know. Thanks! ^_^

Benevolent Prophet

11,650 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Cheercrusher 50

Omitting outliers, Survivor has been given a final difficulty ranking of 1.4 stars.

Moving on, now I ask the community to rank Protect the Princess.

Apocalyptic Vampire

15,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Wave attack game mode works again! heart

Malevolent Warlord

11,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200
Haku of Kirigakure

Omitting outliers, Survivor has been given a final difficulty ranking of 1.4 stars.

Moving on, now I ask the community to rank Protect the Princess.

you should probably re-rate the wave attack mode, cause with out Keljanas special lock its going to turn to a real nightmare cool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff