Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Guildswoman

6,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Voter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Does anyone know healthier alternatives to traditional pizza sauce and toppings? I love pizza the grease is just horrible for me.
Nymphia93
Does anyone know healthier alternatives to traditional pizza sauce and toppings? I love pizza the grease is just horrible for me.
Maybe a pesto, do tomatoes on the bottom then add your cheese.
Another idea put tomatoes on the bottom add buffalo mozzarella and put blogs through out then add toppings of your choosing.

Maybe go a bit heavier on the veges and less cheese.

You can make crust with whole grain or white wheat. Also places like trader Joes have pre-made whole wheat pizza dough. You could also use soft- tortilla shells instead of pizza dough.

Romantic Otaku

13,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Try putting thinner bread, lee oil, more veggies and little or no cheese (you can mix your topping with one egg, it will bind your items together and you won't need cheese! biggrin )
You can make a cauliflower crust! It's a much healthier alternative than using your traditional pizza dough. Here's a video of one of my favorites youtube chefs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYjsqeLHS14

Also, use spinach, chicken, mushrooms, etc.
xiatara
You can make a cauliflower crust! It's a much healthier alternative than using your traditional pizza dough. Here's a video of one of my favorites youtube chefs!

Eep! Thanks so much for posting this. Me and a friend are having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to make cauliflower crust, this video explains it so well smile
If you make your own crust and sauce from scratch you can better control what goes into the pizza but you can control the taste. Also using harder cheeses instead of mozerella will also help cut down the grease cheeses like Asiago or Parmesan will be less greasey and taste super good. And of course adding veggies on top make it less greasey and super tastey.

When I make my own sauce I usually cook down tomatoes and add garlic and basil to taste and it is so simple and good with no grease.

Steadfast Hunter

8,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
Making it yourself is the best way to go.
Also goat cheese and spinach is a good one to try, I love it.

Hilarious Gawker

xiatara

I've tried this before and the crust came out extremely soggy. >.<

Thirteenth Seeker

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAULIFLOWER CRUST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEAKING FROM EXPEEEERIENCE! OH MAN! I made it for the first time two weeks ago, from a simple and easy recipe on pinterest and it came out AMAZING!!!!!!! and i have a little brother who eats the MOST junk, and i cooked it for us and he LOVED IT!!!! said it tasted just like the real thing and i can HONESTLY AGREE, it was like a thin crust pizza, tasted like bread and everything, i ******** shocked my own self! i expected it to come out like s**t! lol! i thought id burn it, didnt get all the water out, EVERYTHING! but it was great! topped it with some tomatoes, olives, banana peppers, and mushrooms! i'm even making it again tonight!!!!!!

P o i n t l e s s
xiatara

I've tried this before and the crust came out extremely soggy. >.<

nooo you're supposed to squeeze all of the water out of it!!!! use a cheesecloth!!! squeeze it til you can't anymore (after food processing it, heating it up in oven or microwave, and letting cool ofc), plop an egg in with italian herbs and seasonings (and, optional: cheese), and then flatten it out into a round, bake it for like 15, take it out and top it, bake it for 15-20 more, and tadaaaa! PIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

this is coming from someone who doesn't meat/bread/rice (i use other things) and found that it was pizza i was sorely missing and sad to not have an equivalent for, until one day i got ******** tired of missing it and decided to find an alternative and it ******** worked!

i swear to JEEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF AT FIRST YOU FAIL, TRY AGAIN!

also i dont eat rice and i use cauliflower or quinoa in its place too. also, cauliflower "mashed potatoes" (lol) amazing s**t!

this is what i used to make: http://www.theluckypennyblog.com/2013/02/the-best-cauliflower-crust-pizza.html

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff