Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Glitch

So long story short this lonely dishwasher suddenly got promoted, due to odd circumstances, and now is cooking until one of the regular cooks gets back in a week. I'm currently searching the internet for healthy baked chicken/fish recipes. Now here's the kicker. I'm cooking for 150+ people and only have 2 hours to cook this plus 5 other dishes. So quick and clean is the idea here.

I've seen past cooks use fat free Italian dressing for chicken and lemon, dill and olive oil for fish. I just need a few more ideas that I can rotate around. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced. Now unfortunately I have to sleep since I work at the crack of dawn but I'll check back in before heading to work.

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
~Yuki~

Baked Chicken Breasts With Parmesan Crust

Total Time:
35 min

Prep:
15 min

Cook:
20 min

Yield:
4 servings

Ingredients
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves, chopped
Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup panko or dried coarse baguette breadcrumbs
Cooking spray
Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Mix the mustard, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cayenne in a medium bowl. Add the chicken breasts and turn to coat completely; set aside.

In a medium shallow bowl, combine the parmesan and panko(breadcrumbs). Dredge the chicken pieces in the panko(breadcrumb) mixture, coating evenly and heavily, and pressing the coating into the meat.

Put the chicken on a rack set over a baking sheet, spray with a quick burst of cooking spray and put the sheet in the middle of the oven. Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting or serving.

Per Serving: Calories: 402; Total Fat: 14 grams; Saturated Fat: 6 grams; Protein: 54 grams; Total carbohydrates: 8 grams; Sugar: grams; Fiber: 1 gram; Cholesterol: 155 milligrams; Sodium: 885 milligrams

Unbeatable Glitch

Dreams of Infinity
xXx

Thank you ^^ I'll see if I can get it approved with my boss. It would definatly be a nice change since all we have is baked chicken....no bread no nothing. Just seasoning. It gets boring after a while. Hopefully I will have enough time to do something like this.

Friendly Shapeshifter

7,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
~Yuki~

Thank you ^^ I'll see if I can get it approved with my boss. It would definatly be a nice change since all we have is baked chicken....no bread no nothing. Just seasoning. It gets boring after a while. Hopefully I will have enough time to do something like this.

It's tasty, simple, and doesn't break the bank.
It's a pretty fast meal, just make sure everything is prepped ahead of time and you shouldn't have a problem feeding everyone on time.

I say make the mix for the chicken and refrigerate it covered and pull it out when you need it.

Or you can even coat the chicken in the mix ahead of time putting it in a covered bowl or baggy in the fridge, and then just bread it when you're gonna cook it.

Parmesan cheese is a harder cheese so you could probably grate it ahead of time too and just put it in a covered bowl and add it to the bread crumbs when you're gonna coat the chicken.

Yeah, just seasonings can get boring after awhile. I hope your boss approves it, I'm sure the crew would appreciate something new. Plus, the bread makes it a more filling meal and will keep ya'll fuller longer. ^^
If the chicken is dry there is a trick I learned a while ago, try using an injector filled with broth or melted butter before coating and cooking it. Just not too generously, because it could make the coating crumble from the juices.

If you do decide to inject.
(This also works with dry rubs, just use some hickory dry rub for the outside of the chicken.)

Garlic Butter sauce mix:

1 Stick butter
1/4 Cup apple juice
2 Tsp brown sugar
1 Tsp Garlic Powder

Be careful not to breach the skin. Slowly inject the garlic butter sauce until you feel pressure pushing back. Slowly inject as you slowly pull the injection needle out. This method allows for even distribution of the flavor your injecting. To much pressure and the sauce will squirt at you as you withdraw the needle.

Hope this helps!
Love ya girlie! emotion_yatta

Clean Citizen

I read "dishwasher" and immediately thought
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But I just throw the chicken in a pot, boil it for half an hour, then take it out of the water and add some Frank's Red Hot.

Then I save the leftover water for broth.
Captain Halcee Reckitt IV

what is it with you and Frank's Red Hot.

Clean Citizen

GavrocheRoi

what is it with you and Frank's Red Hot.

I put that s**t on everything.
The only two condiments i got in my house is frank's red hot and french's mustard.
the only two that don't make me sick.
frank's red hot is the best.

Unbeatable Glitch

xXx

Thanks for the idea. Hopefully I can stick that much chicken in our kettle. Its the size of a 55gal drum but still. Franks is good but the people where I work don't dig the hot sauce. >.> It's so stupid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff