Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maynard is god

yes 1 100.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]

Why is it so easy for health nuts to believe that a 100 pound girl can eat 4000 calories a day of pure junk and not gain 1 pound, but its impossible to believe that an overweight person can eat a daily deficit work out, eat healthy and still not lose? One cant work with out the other people. Why is it so believable and ok for the skinny girl to say "I can eat whatever I want and not gain" well a fat person can say "i can eat whatever i want and not lose" its the same s**t. But people seem to sympathize more with skinny people

Shameless Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Because people are afraid that if working out and eating properly doesn't work for some people, then it might not work for them. They believe the skinny person because they want to be the skinny person.

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I really don't hear that from people anymore.
But I try to stay away from uneducated ladies, they just don't have anything in common with me.

Renh0lder
Why is it so easy for health nuts to believe that a 100 pound girl can eat 4000 calories a day of pure junk and not gain 1 pound, but its impossible to believe that an overweight person can eat a daily deficit work out, eat healthy and still not lose? One cant work with out the other people. Why is it so believable and ok for the skinny girl to say "I can eat whatever I want and not gain" well a fat person can say "i can eat whatever i want and not lose" its the same s**t. But people seem to sympathize more with skinny people

Ohh
Because the results are contrary to the expected outcome. It either means they are eating too much of a healthy food and the calories they are consuming is equal to, or greater than, the amount they are burning or they are simply not exercising very hard.

Believe it or not, there's a "right" way to lose weight. Taking a walk or a light jog and eating "healthy" food isn't all there is to it. You can eat healthy, sure, but if you're eating peanut butter with your celery sticks, two scoops of peanut butter adds 200 calories. Eat 10 celery sticks, assuming each one as accompanied by a single scoop of peanut butter, you just had a 1000 calorie snack. I know this because my little brother is one of those people: Once we got him on a meal plan and exercise routine, he's lost 50 pounds.

The skinny girl who weighs 100 pounds and eats 4,000 calories of junk is one hell of a far-fetched anecdote, as well... Nobody eats 4,000 calories of junk without gaining weight. These type of people typically gorge themselves one day, and eat very lightly the next day or two. It's just something they've done all their life, so it's easy to say they're always eating when they really aren't, or are eating very little. I know: I'm one of those people. I easily gained 40 pounds since I started a meal plan and started working out. I've been off my meal plan for a few months and have been bouncing back and forth between 157-162.
l_Shamrock_l
Because the results are contrary to the expected outcome. It either means they are eating too much of a healthy food and the calories they are consuming is equal to, or greater than, the amount they are burning or they are simply not exercising very hard.

Believe it or not, there's a "right" way to lose weight. Taking a walk or a light jog and eating "healthy" food isn't all there is to it. You can eat healthy, sure, but if you're eating peanut butter with your celery sticks, two scoops of peanut butter adds 200 calories. Eat 10 celery sticks, assuming each one as accompanied by a single scoop of peanut butter, you just had a 1000 calorie snack. I know this because my little brother is one of those people: Once we got him on a meal plan and exercise routine, he's lost 50 pounds.

The skinny girl who weighs 100 pounds and eats 4,000 calories of junk is one hell of a far-fetched anecdote, as well... Nobody eats 4,000 calories of junk without gaining weight. These type of people typically gorge themselves one day, and eat very lightly the next day or two. It's just something they've done all their life, so it's easy to say they're always eating when they really aren't, or are eating very little. I know: I'm one of those people. I easily gained 40 pounds since I started a meal plan and started working out. I've been off my meal plan for a few months and have been bouncing back and forth between 157-162.

Except, there are plenty of skinny girls who gorge daily and dont gain weight. Sure they may hit 25 and all that might change, but it still stands that there are skinny girls who can eat 4k calories a day and not gain.
Peanut butter is 2 tables spoons per serving a table spoon is pretty freaking large. NO one is putting a whole table spoon on each piece of celery.....I eat adams peanut butter and make my own nut butter, please dont attempt to talk to me about nutrition.
Considering you just said two more completely retarded things back-to-back again, I'm just going to log you away as a 13 year old who thinks he knows way more than he actually does despite all given evidence...
Well Im around 100 pounds and I eat a lot.
I have not gain weight for a year. I think its because I do sports and have muscles. I think it has to do with metabolism.
Sorry, I'm not good with English...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces