Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
What's a good way to accomplish this?

Notes:

- I eat a fairly decent amount but can't seem to gain weight.
- I want to be at least 110 - 115 lbs
I have a SUPER fast metabolism so I've always dealt with trying to maintain my weight and not look too skinny. I'm now 130 pounds and I'm 5'6.
I've done this by....

-LIFTING WEIGHTS. GURL... LIFT. It helps put on muscle and it makes you hungry so you'll eat more.
-Try to eat 3 large meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
Make sure those meals include carbs (pasta/potatoes) protein (meat.. I reccomend chicken and turkey bc it's healthier), and eat your vegetables.
Every single morning I make myself some breakfast like eggs (no yolk), a smoothie (kale, mangos, everal veggetables, berries, etc) and I'll occasionally take protein. (protein should not be a subsitute for a meal though)
, and some oatmeal, and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Umm yeah.. ._. any questions? Oh, and don't eat any crap to gain weight. Or you'll just get fat.
I'm a girl btw sooo.. ninja
Eating a fairly decent amount sounds like you're eating enough to maintain your weight. You should look into eating 3 meals a day with the addition of snacks between each meal. You might also want to look into doing weight exercise to build muscle, muscle weigh more than fat.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Remember that carbs are not as bad as some people think they are. Especially when you want to gain weight. It was the one thing that helped me the most... carbs, extra oil or cream on almost everything and generally more dense food and snacks.

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Platzhalter
Remember that carbs are not as bad as some people think they are. Especially when you want to gain weight. It was the one thing that helped me the most... carbs, extra oil or cream on almost everything and generally more dense food and snacks.

I usually attempt to eat high carb foods but I find most of them upset my stomach due to oil.

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Msukai
Eating a fairly decent amount sounds like you're eating enough to maintain your weight. You should look into eating 3 meals a day with the addition of snacks between each meal. You might also want to look into doing weight exercise to build muscle, muscle weigh more than fat.

what kinds of weight exercises would you recommend for someone who doesn't have time to go to the gym ( I work and go to college so i mainly get my cardio in but have no idea what to do for weight ).

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Inhale Love Exhale Hate
I have a SUPER fast metabolism so I've always dealt with trying to maintain my weight and not look too skinny. I'm now 130 pounds and I'm 5'6.
I've done this by....

-LIFTING WEIGHTS. GURL... LIFT. It helps put on muscle and it makes you hungry so you'll eat more.
Make sure those meals include carbs (pasta/potatoes) protein (meat.. I reccomend chicken and turkey bc it's healthier), and eat your vegetables.
Every single morning I make myself some breakfast like eggs (no yolk), a smoothie (kale, mangos, everal veggetables, berries, etc) and I'll occasionally take protein. (protein should not be a subsitute for a meal though)
Umm yeah.. ._. any questions? Oh, and don't eat any crap to gain weight. Or you'll just get fat.

sweatdrop what kind of protein, I heart that protein shakes are good for you but i haven't the faintest idea where to start with those.

Anxious Fairy

In November I was about 105 and now I'm about 115. I needed to gain weight so I could donate blood and so much doctor would stop "prescribing me ice cream"

Basically what I did was I downloaded one of those calorie counter apps and it would tell me how many to eat per day. I always made sure I ate slightly over the "recommended" amount. Add oils and healthy fat to your diet as much as possible. Avocados were my main source of healthy fat and peanut butter was my main source of extra oil.

I also started exercising more. Strength training with help you gain muscle.

I also increased my protein intake but I'm a vegetarian so you probably don't need to do that....
Didnt Care
Inhale Love Exhale Hate
I've done this by....

sweatdrop what kind of protein, I heart that protein shakes are good for you but i haven't the faintest idea where to start with those.

Google good quality protein, make sure its WHEY PROTEIN!
http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

simply eat 300-500 calories above your TDEE

for example, my TDEE is 2500, I gain weight by eating 2800 to 3000 calories a day

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Staring Berry
In November I was about 105 and now I'm about 115. I needed to gain weight so I could donate blood and so much doctor would stop "prescribing me ice cream"

Basically what I did was I downloaded one of those calorie counter apps and it would tell me how many to eat per day. I always made sure I ate slightly over the "recommended" amount. Add oils and healthy fat to your diet as much as possible. Avocados were my main source of healthy fat and peanut butter was my main source of extra oil.

I also increased my protein intake but I'm a vegetarian so you probably don't need to do that....

I naturally dislike most meats so it's very likely I need to increase my protein intake. I heard about doing strength training but I don't know what kind of exercises I can do daily to help out with that.

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Dred_VS
http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

simply eat 300-500 calories above your TDEE

for example, my TDEE is 2500, I gain weight by eating 2800 to 3000 calories a day

Cool, cool. Thank you. smile

Lonely Prophet

10,775 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
Inhale Love Exhale Hate
Didnt Care
Inhale Love Exhale Hate
I've done this by....

Google good quality protein, make sure its WHEY PROTEIN!

is why protein different from the other stuff out there? ( I honestly wouldn't know ) sweatdrop

Anxious Fairy

Didnt Care
Staring Berry

I naturally dislike most meats so it's very likely I need to increase my protein intake. I heard about doing strength training but I don't know what kind of exercises I can do daily to help out with that.

For protein I went to this protein shake place by my school a couple times a week for lunch.
Strength training is stuff that builds muscle. Life weights, if you don't have weights do push ups, planks, and other variations of those two. I personally would do about 10 minutes of cardio just to get my heart pumping, 50 sit ups, 10 push ups (if i could sweatdrop ), then do about 25 squats with weights.
Now that I have a gym pass though I usually do yoga.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff