Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm pescetarian
I don't eat meat and dairy product.
But I do eat fish and eggs.
I use fish as a substitute for meat.
I used to love meat a lot.
I went veggie because my boyfriend was so it was easier to transition over. The first month was hard since I didn't know where to get my protein. Also I'm poor, so I can't get all the wonderful veggie/vegan options out there.

My poor mans veggie diet usually consisted of tostadas. Beans, rice, and cheese. Sometimes I would add the extra fixings. I try to go vegan as much as I can, but eggs and cheese I can't let go of.

And try to eat as much gluten free stuff as you can! So much of the meat substitute stuff has gluten base, and that metabolizes as sugar, so gluten free bread, gluten free pasta(quinoa is my fav) all this stuff you can find in the healthy sections everywhere.

Nuts, legumes, quinoa, avocado, everything coconut. Supplement iron and vitamin B-12 since those are hard to come by in the regular food world. Most grocery stores have a health food section or a meatless section in the frozen isle. I love getting the boca meal starters, I put that on my tostadas , omelets, spaghetti sauce. Craving bacon? then get some morning star bacon, yeah it's not the real thing, but close enough when put on an egg and biscuit sammich. Food Smart has a great selection of veggie/vegan friendly stuff. I love their seitan, deli meat, hot dogs. There's a substitute for everything. It's SO EASY to be vegetarian nowadays. I keep fish simply for the omega 3 and the fact that I love sushi and locks.

I love potatoes, but it's just starch, no nutritional value. Sweet potato fries, veggie chips, If I want regular chips I prefer kettle chips, don't know if they are "healthier" than normal chips, but I like kettle style better anyways

Milk is the easiest thing to give up. Almond breeze w/coconut is my favorite. And if you poor, ramen is super cheap and it's easy to make your own broth. Soy sauce/garlic salt/sesame seeds/crushed red pepper.

Well, those are my tips and good luck on your journey! The more fruits and veggies the better! Beans are your friend!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff