Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Kitten

Has anyone else had their removed?

What's the recovery and aftermath like? I've heard that it makes you have the world's worst shits afterwards, and I'm not looking forward to that.... >w>

Also, what are some foods that you're unable to process now? I know the obvious ones like greasy foods and fatty red meats, I try to keep those out of my diet as is because it causes me a lot of pain currently.

Any other advice?
      Thanks!

Mega Kitten

ALSO, I basically live at the gym right now and after my surgery I'm unable to lift more than 20 pounds or do any kind of activity that engages my abs more than normal for six weeks.

Any suggestions on how (aside from walking) I can make sure not to gain weight/lose muscle while I'm recovering?

Mega Kitten

emotion_kirakira

Mega Kitten

emotion_kirakira

Sparkly Duck

I can't relate at all but I hope you find someone who does and can help you! My only contribution would be whatever I can credibly find on google sweatdrop

Mega Kitten

Brian Kush Flowerchild
I can't relate at all but I hope you find someone who does and can help you! My only contribution would be whatever I can credibly find on google sweatdrop

Oh, thank you!
      I'm finding a little bit on Google but it always makes me feel better to actually talk to someone about it!
      emotion_kirakira

Liberal Gekko

7,450 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I had my Gall bladder out nearly 20 years ago. I went into hospital in the morning and was home by the afternoon, a couple of panadol was all I needed. Within a couple of days I had no pain, and within a week I was back at the gym doing light weights. Start off light, if you can handle it increase reps or weight.

The only thing I have trouble with is if I eat too much fat, I better be close to a toilet as when I got to go it is immediate . I pretty much eat whatever I want.

Scarring is minimal as it is done by keyhole , basically the surgery was a breeze for me, and so much easier than a full blown gall stone attack.

Obviously everyone's experiences are different and everyone copes differently to pain ect, I have talked to some people that have trouble eating citrus now, you will just have to take it slow and find out how your body reacts to different foods.

Good luck , take some panadols and veg out in your pj's for a couple of days biggrin

Mega Kitten

SaltedDrop

Thank you SO much for giving me some info. It's made me feel a lot less nervous. This is my first medical procedure ever, so I'm just over here shaking in my boots with anticipation.
      I'm also glad to hear that you were back to the gym in about a week. My doctor said doing anything that really engages my abs could give me a hernia.. and I don't really want to do that. So I was very on the fence about whether I should be working out at all.. but I don't want to not go to the gym for six weeks. -_-
      Thanks again, I really appreciate it. Hopefully mine goes as well as yours did. emotion_c8

Puzzle_Clocks's Husband

Eternal Alchemist

10,675 Points
  • Married 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
I had mine out almost a year ago. I haven't really found any problematic foods as far as that goes. I wasn't too fond of the anesthetic, I freaked out when I woke up, felt like I wasn't getting oxygen, felt like I was coming up fighting. That wore off really quickly though. The pain wasn't too bad (I was lucky enough to have 4 tiny cuts versus the big long one) but I did find that I needed the entire time they gave to recover. I would be really careful lifting, I know that just moving myself around after the surgery could be difficult and problematic.

I hope it goes well for you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces