Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sooo. Last night, as I was laying in bed in that weird limbo between asleep and awake, I suddenly felt like I was being pushed back, like when you suddenly slam on the breaks of your car, only in slow motion. I could see my ceiling and windows, until everything went black. I couldn't move. I couldn't scream. Some things I thought were that my house was collapsing, the world had stopped spinning, some horrible eclipse was happening that was making everything black, or I was dying. And then, softly, I was back. I have never felt so terrified, and all that I felt, the inertia feeling, the not being able to move, seeing my room as it really was in that moment... everything was so vivid and real, and happened in real time.

So. Did I experience sleep paralysis?

SwindIe's Compadre

Profitable Sleuth

Sure sounds like it
Slewth
Sure sounds like it

I just didn't know I could get that sensation of being thrown back. Of the world tilting.
I actually got that a few days back, I woke up but I couldnt move and I was still dreaming , there was an alien was sucking out the air from my lungs. s**t was cray. Definitely sounds like you had sleep paralysis :p
That would be considered sleep paralysis: can't move body, sense of doom, hallucinations, yeah that's sleep paralysis. Most people will often sense an entity hovering over them, normally described as an old hag- hence Old Hag Syndrome.
I've had a couple of experiences, the first one: I hallucinated a young man was hovering over me, and the second one was a shadow person. Both of them seemed threatening. Though once I snapped out of it, the young man was actually the sunlight shining through the decals on my window, and the shadow person was the blackness beneath the shelves that hung over my body. It wasn't long after that I moved the shelves to the other side of the room rofl

Dangerous Gatekeeper

tell the wolves
Sooo. Last night, as I was laying in bed in that weird limbo between asleep and awake, I suddenly felt like I was being pushed back, like when you suddenly slam on the breaks of your car, only in slow motion. I could see my ceiling and windows, until everything went black. I couldn't move. I couldn't scream. Some things I thought were that my house was collapsing, the world had stopped spinning, some horrible eclipse was happening that was making everything black, or I was dying. And then, softly, I was back. I have never felt so terrified, and all that I felt, the inertia feeling, the not being able to move, seeing my room as it really was in that moment... everything was so vivid and real, and happened in real time.

So. Did I experience sleep paralysis?
fk yeah you did. I use to have it a lot. most of the time I couldn't see my room. did you sleep on your back?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff