Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

I ask "why don't you?". All the see is the pain I put myself through as I near the end of the workout. They see the stress, sweat, and fatigue but that's it. Truth is I like that feeling and the results I've gotten great results from it. I mean I am hoping to become a Marshal or DEA one day and their physical standards are pretty high but I'm not doing it just for that, cause my expectations are even higher. What keeps some of you going to the gym?

Special note: The working out every day thing is strictly figurative. I'm already aware that rest days are needed. I go 2 weeks on with hard workouts, and 1 week off were I still workout but it's mainly just stretching, cardio, and light core.

Aged Capitalist

Well, right now I am currently in the process of being a new instructor at the gym (so I have to get in tip top shape so I can teach the barre pilates class)
Besides that, I just love feeling "fit". I love not jiggling, I love women looking at me and being surprised I have a son. I love knowing my life expectancy is going to most likely be longer. I love knowing that my heart will be healthier. It is just awesome!
I don't work out at all. I'm just into health food.

Probably for the same reason...how good you feel.

Occasionally I will go running with my sister, though.

But I'm really more into health food than exercise.
Rule 31
I ask "why don't you?". All the see is the pain I put myself through as I near the end of the workout. They see the stress, sweat, and fatigue but that's it. Truth is I like that feeling and the results I've gotten great results from it. I mean I am hoping to become a Marshal or DEA one day and their physical standards are pretty high but I'm not doing it just for that, cause my expectations are even higher. What keeps some of you going to the gym?

Read my sig mrgreen
I actually don't/never liked going to the gym.
The air there is always so stuffy and it makes my breathing harder, so I liked to go outside.

I actually figured out something strange, for two months or so I haven't truly worked out at all. My body has been more relaxed and of course gaining some weight (which I don't mind.) Though I do realize that my public speaking is terrible now. I'm so used to having my body feel stressed or more compact that I feel better about myself, now that it's more relaxed I feel less about myself.
So I'm trying to pick up on exercising again, I just truly hope it starts to cool down soon.

It's very weird though I get upset when I feel like my body is relaxed. It's not a good feeling, I don't like it.

Lunatic

Indie Damsel
I actually don't/never liked going to the gym.
The air there is always so stuffy and it makes my breathing harder, so I liked to go outside.

I actually figured out something strange, for two months or so I haven't truly worked out at all. My body has been more relaxed and of course gaining some weight (which I don't mind.) Though I do realize that my public speaking is terrible now. I'm so used to having my body feel stressed or more compact that I feel better about myself, now that it's more relaxed I feel less about myself.
So I'm trying to pick up on exercising again, I just truly hope it starts to cool down soon.

It's very weird though I get upset when I feel like my body is relaxed. It's not a good feeling, I don't like it.
Try moving some yoga or more stretches into your workout routine. That should help a little so that you're not under too much physical stress after workouts.

It's really not strange though. I feel similar. I didn't workout last week due to time restraints, so my body was real relaxed. Yea it felt good at first, but I feel so unaccomplished. It's like the stress you feel the morning after a workout is a merit that you did something right.

Lunatic

COLFAXave
Well, right now I am currently in the process of being a new instructor at the gym (so I have to get in tip top shape so I can teach the barre pilates class)
Besides that, I just love feeling "fit". I love not jiggling, I love women looking at me and being surprised I have a son. I love knowing my life expectancy is going to most likely be longer. I love knowing that my heart will be healthier. It is just awesome!
That's awesome. I love it when people watch me workout and being surprised how much I can lift even though I'm short.

Good luck with your instructions. ^_^

Lunatic

Dark_Aoekae
I don't work out at all. I'm just into health food.

Probably for the same reason...how good you feel.

Occasionally I will go running with my sister, though.

But I'm really more into health food than exercise.
I love healthy foods now.
Real fatty fast foods make me sick. emotion_puke

Lunatic

DCVZ
Rule 31

Read my sig mrgreen
You trying to beat that person's records.
Rule 31
DCVZ
Rule 31

Read my sig mrgreen
You trying to beat that person's records.

"That person" is yours truly.
Rule 31
I love healthy foods now.
Real fatty fast foods make me sick. emotion_puke

I know what you mean. I'm vegetarian now, thinking of becoming vegan. I used to be really overweight, eating sugary stuff/meat/processed foods. Now my idea of splurging and being unhealthy is to have a veggie burger with cheese xD

The thought of meat disgusts me for the same reason you mentioned. (Way too much fat) Though since becoming a vegetarian I'm disgusted by meat in many ways smile

Even chocolate doesn't really appeal unless you're talking raw cacao powder mixed with some raw honey and raw cashews. xp
Before being diagnosed with FMS I used to love going to the gym! I used to do Tang So Do and Tae Kwon Do for years.
I love the feeling of a good work out,
However now I am just limited to light workouts such as yoga, water aerobics, and walking sad

Aged Capitalist

Rule 31
COLFAXave
That's awesome. I love it when people watch me workout and being surprised how much I can lift even though I'm short.

Good luck with your instructions. ^_^

Thanks, good luck with your goals too ^_^
How much do ya lift, if ya don't mind me asking?
I am thinking of starting to do some free weights. I have always been a light hand weight type of gal, but I am ready to bulk up a little. Not like scary bulk, but I want to look defined. (once I cat melt this pudge off first!)

Magical Kitten

I do yoga, cardio and bike-riding. I love the way it makes me feel, so refreshed and energized and motivated. Yoga can be pretty hard but I always want to improve, hold the pose just a little longer or shake a little less. I live near a pretty awesome bike path that has a good mix of hills and long flat stretches. Going uphill I like to hum the pokemon "evolution" theme (from the games) to keep me going the same pace.

So basically I exercise because it makes me feel awesome. I don't need to lose any weight, though I'd like to tone up a bit, so people are always surprised when I talk about exercising. It's not a means to an end, its part of my life.

Lunatic

macrobiotic
Before being diagnosed with FMS I used to love going to the gym! I used to do Tang So Do and Tae Kwon Do for years.
I love the feeling of a good work out,
However now I am just limited to light workouts such as yoga, water aerobics, and walking sad

What is FMS?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces