Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distrustful Businesswoman

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
I totally made a rant thread in CB but that's just what it is, a rant.

So I guess I'll try to explain my situation as well as I can, I have a pretty poor ability to communicate things via words.

For the last few months I've continuously gotten ill very easily, even with the help of immune system booster. Lately I've been cursed with a rash which the doctors have no clue what had caused it, or how to make it go away. I haven't come in contact with anything I'm allergic to, I've tried changing my detergents, soaps and so on and there has been no progress. They've given my steroid creams and pills to stop the itching, but the rash still comes and goes as it pleases. It's yet to clear my skin fully since I got it a few weeks from now.

I've been getting a lot of cold sores on my lips lately too, I had two last month and now a rather large one is making it's way under my bottom lip. I'm aware that cold sores are a form of herpes that a lot of people have, and that being it is a virus I need anti-viral cream/medicines to assist in preventing and getting rid of them, however the immune system should also play a roll in fighting them off and that just doesn't seem to be happening with me.

I don't know what's wrong with my skin, I don't know why I keep falling down into fevers and stomach illnesses, and I don't know why I keep having these cold sore flare ups.. Has anyone else ever had this type of situation? Do you have an opinion on what I could do for myself to play a role along side of what the docs are, other than obey the treatments like I have been?

Shy Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Timid 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Babygirl, this isn't the best place for med advice. :p

Original Gaian

Shandaburr
It's really hard to say without seeing or examining what you just described, your best bet is to go to a dermatologist

10,625 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Mikachu-Senpai

> sad y u gotta be rude
I'm just trying to see if anyone else has ever been through something similiar

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

Mikachu-Senpai

Agree. See a professional.
(Also: I don't think he was being rude)
The treatments the doctors recommended to you don't sound like they'd do much anyway. Have you recently moved into a new environment or something? I moved to Florida for schooling and it seems that because the atmosphere is different, I am more prone to getting sick. I don't get sick back home in the Caribbean. Or it could be that you just have a weak immune system. Some people do. Or maybe allergies that are difficult to diagnose if they're environmental but that would kind of be tied to a weak immune system as well.

10,625 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Lady Kariel
The treatments the doctors recommended to you don't sound like they'd do much anyway. Have you recently moved into a new environment or something? I moved to Florida for schooling and it seems that because the atmosphere is different, I am more prone to getting sick. I don't get sick back home in the Caribbean. Or it could be that you just have a weak immune system. Some people do. Or maybe allergies that are difficult to diagnose if they're environmental but that would kind of be tied to a weak immune system as well.

I've been here for a year and a few months now. I'd like to think that it isn't an allergy issue due to it randomly popping up out of no where. My providers refuse to allow me to see someone else until the time frame they've given me is up and over with

Noob

your place could have black mold. i would suggest googling that and seeing if you have the symptoms, also check your house for it, especially in the bathroom around the tub, sink, toilet, anywhere moist. if you have a leaky roof, it could be there too. any moist place you could think of, look there. look at the base of the walls and around window sills too. if you do have it, move out, it's the only thing you can do. as for your clothes and your belongings, soak them in vinegar and wash them ten times, it should be fine. throw out anything that has mold growth on it though.

black mold is serious s**t, i know from experience. it compromised my immunity and i was sick all the time, it even affected my eye sight. it's been a year since and my lungs are still recovering. i never got rashes but that is one of the symptoms.

another thing it could be is that if youve just moved out on your own and arent having healthy home cooked meals, and are relying on quick fixes, things like ramen, packeged dinners, this can also compromise your immunity. not only that, but there are toxins in the food that can cause you to break out. opt for making your own meals with plenty of fruits and veggies.

10,625 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
S31D1
your place could have black mold. i would suggest googling that and seeing if you have the symptoms, also check your house for it, especially in the bathroom around the tub, sink, toilet, anywhere moist. if you have a leaky roof, it could be there too. any moist place you could think of, look there. look at the base of the walls and around window sills too. if you do have it, move out, it's the only thing you can do. as for your clothes and your belongings, soak them in vinegar and wash them ten times, it should be fine. throw out anything that has mold growth on it though.

black mold is serious s**t, i know from experience. it compromised my immunity and i was sick all the time, it even affected my eye sight. it's been a year since and my lungs are still recovering. i never got rashes but that is one of the symptoms.

another thing it could be is that if youve just moved out on your own and arent having healthy home cooked meals, and are relying on quick fixes, things like ramen, packeged dinners, this can also compromise your immunity. not only that, but there are toxins in the food that can cause you to break out. opt for making your own meals with plenty of fruits and veggies.

Could? There's no doubt about it. These buildings were condemned, but due to me being in the military I have no choice but to live here.

Noob

Shandaburr
S31D1

Could? There's no doubt about it. These buildings were condemned, but due to me being in the military I have no choice but to live here.
are you in service now? is this building where theyre having everyone stay?

10,625 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
S31D1

are you in service now? is this building where theyre having everyone stay?

Yes and yes.
Shandaburr
Lady Kariel

I've been here for a year and a few months now. I'd like to think that it isn't an allergy issue due to it randomly popping up out of no where. My providers refuse to allow me to see someone else until the time frame they've given me is up and over with

You're tied to specific healthcare providers? Is it a medical insurance issue?

10,625 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
Lady Kariel
Shandaburr
Lady Kariel

No, it's my career. We have no choice but to use our own system
Shandaburr
Lady Kariel
Shandaburr
Lady Kariel

No, it's my career. We have no choice but to use our own system

Oh I see. Well I hope the time frame isn't too long.
Are you eating healthy? It might sound dumb, but seriously keeping your body clean could really help keep your immune system strong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff