Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I used to be overweight. Two years ago, I started weightlifting. For a year, I tried to focus on building muscle. Last year was when I started to cut. I lost about 35 pounds. I am down to about 10% body fat, which is great. However, I do have a major problem: loose skin.

It's been about a year since I lost all the weight and my skin is still really loose. I only drink water, and plenty of it every day, I exfoliate and moisturize. I don't know why it's not tightening back up.

Elder

It's different for everyone, some people their skin bounces back, and some it takes years, others it never does and they ultimately have to go through surgery to remove it.. Form the looks of your pictures I think it's just a matter of time, have patience

Dangerous Lover

12,400 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Sunder92
So I used to be overweight. Two years ago, I started weightlifting. For a year, I tried to focus on building muscle. Last year was when I started to cut. I lost about 35 pounds. I am down to about 10% body fat, which is great. However, I do have a major problem: loose skin.

It's been about a year since I lost all the weight and my skin is still really loose. I only drink water, and plenty of it every day, I exfoliate and moisturize. I don't know why it's not tightening back up.

First of all, you're....wow lol. (good wow) You look fine the way you are, just wait for your body to naturally tighten back up.

Fashionable Prophet

Your's isn't so bad so it might take another year or so.

I recommend taking MSM (sounds scary but it's really just sulfur). It helps the formation of collagen and people have said it helped their skin get tighter. I took it because it's also good for joints and my skin and hair is looking better as well. You can get it at your local GNC or other vitamin shop. whee
Ghostfrost

I recommend taking MSM (sounds scary but it's really just sulfur). It helps the formation of collagen and people have said it helped their skin get tighter. I took it because it's also good for joints and my skin and hair is looking better as well. You can get it at your local GNC or other vitamin shop. whee
Any negative side effects?

RabidSquirel
First of all, you're....wow lol. (good wow) You look fine the way you are, just wait for your body to naturally tighten back up.

It just bothers me how when I sit down, there's just a sack of blub bulging out.

Fashionable Prophet

Sunder92
Ghostfrost

Any negative side effects?

RabidSquirel

It just bothers me how when I sit down, there's just a sack of blub bulging out.

I don't believe so because it is something our body actually needs (sulfur is in a lot of food but can get cooked out), but I heard it's better to take it in the morning because the little energy boost it gives might make it hard to go to seep if taken later in the day

Newbie Noob

I think you're just going to have to accept it.

If you really hate it, I would suggest wearing a girdle or other shape-wear. By holding your skin closer to your body, it helps with tightening the skin.

Otherwise, just accept your body as is, everyone has issues.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff