Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Cultist

(Sorry if this isn't the right forum for this) Well, to start off I am 15 years old (5'3 1/2) and I'm trying to lose as much weight as possible before my 2nd year of high school comes.
Someone suggested Insanity and I've been interested in it for awhile, but you have to pay for it and all. At least I think, I'm pretty sure though.
Before I try convincing my mom to get it for me, will there be a big change in my body before school starts? Will I see a big difference?
Plus, I'm slowly going vegan. So will that make a difference in the results?
insanity is really hard especially if you don't work out already. i honestly believe cardio is the best, just go to the gym and try the highest level you can. the most important thing about working out, in any work out is getting your heart rate up and consistent.

google what your target heart rate is and go 10 above that. if you stay within that for an hour you will loose weight. i try and work out in the morning, so my metabolism is very fast.

and going vegan will help you loose weight aswell.
gypsylites
insanity is really hard especially if you don't work out already. i honestly believe cardio is the best, just go to the gym and try the highest level you can. the most important thing about working out, in any work out is getting your heart rate up and consistent.

google what your target heart rate is and go 10 above that. if you stay within that for an hour you will loose weight. i try and work out in the morning, so my metabolism is very fast.

I'd agree with this. I picked up p90x about a year ago for my girlfriend and I, and we both agree'd to just get a gym membership when we saw what the actual workout was going to be like. Go to the gym and move at your own pace, or jog outside.

It may seem like people are staring at you, or giving you an oddball look, but that's strictly psychological.

Devoted Cultist

gypsylites

Thank you c: I'll try talking to my mom about it.
Whenever I workout and my heart rate is high, it feels like I'm going to die. Then I get a bit light headed so I just stop. I don't know if that is normal, but after the weird feeling goes away I pick up right where I stopped. After that I'm usually fine.

Devoted Cultist

xRedcell
gypsylites

I'd agree with this. I picked up p90x about a year ago for my girlfriend and I, and we both agree'd to just get a gym membership when we saw what the actual workout was going to be like. Go to the gym and move at your own pace, or jog outside.

It may seem like people are staring at you, or giving you an oddball look, but that's strictly psychological.

I would kind of expect getting weird looks. Luckily, the gym that's near me is open late at night, so I might go in during the night. I'm not sure about it though.
Geneveivee
gypsylites

Whenever I workout and my heart rate is high, it feels like I'm going to die. Then I get a bit light headed so I just stop. I don't know if that is normal, but after the weird feeling goes away I pick up right where I stopped. After that I'm usually fine.

Are you used to working out? it may be that your body isn't used to it. And are you eating before? Try eating like greek yogurt, hummus, something with protein before you work out. If your fine afterwards it could just be that you started out too high, so maybe you could try stretching then walking for a few minutes before you haul a**.

Devoted Cultist

gypsylites
Geneveivee
gypsylites

Are you used to working out? it may be that your body isn't used to it. And are you eating before? Try eating like greek yogurt, hummus, something with protein before you work out. If your fine afterwards it could just be that you started out too high, so maybe you could try stretching then walking for a few minutes before you haul a**.

Yes. I've worked out for awhile, but then stopped and never got back into it. I become lazy. I usually have a healthy snack bar and have a bottle of water with me while I workout.
Could be. I usually just get right to it without warming up. So I will definitely try that so I won't have to stop.

Wealthy Genius

You're too young to lose weight. (Because it involves calorie deficit.) Unless you are clinically obese or your weight poses health problems, don't try to lose weight. Doing this can seriously hurt your reproductive system in the future, you might look stunning next year and then not be able to have kids for the rest of your life. Sorry to scare you, but most people aren't convinced.

SP.
Sinister Potato
You're too young to lose weight. (Because it involves calorie deficit.) Unless you are clinically obese or your weight poses health problems, don't try to lose weight. Doing this can seriously hurt your reproductive system in the future, you might look stunning next year and then not be able to have kids for the rest of your life. Sorry to scare you, but most people aren't convinced.

SP.

I'm very interested to see your sources.

Wealthy Genius

xRedcell

xxx

EDIT: Admittedly it's not a scientific study, but I've grown to respect this man to the point that I take his word as law, his interests are clearly in educating his viewers and he has proven he has a vast amount of experience and knowledge in training and dieting. Plus the man is walking results ffs.
Sinister Potato
xRedcell

xxx

EDIT: Admittedly it's not a scientific study, but I've grown to respect this man to the point that I take his word as law, his interests are clearly in educating his viewers and he has proven he has a vast amount of experience and knowledge in training and dieting. Plus the man is walking results ffs.

I could say anything I want if I had a populated fan page, but unless it is backed by a study it's not valid. I'm not trying to downplay who you look up to, but all information conveyed should have a source otherwise I simply can't condone it. A different YouTube fitness icon you should take a look into is "Scooby1961". He lists his sources and offers all information and work outs for free. But the information you passed out in this thread simply doesn't make any biological sense.

Wealthy Genius

xRedcell
Sinister Potato
xRedcell

xxx

I could say anything I want if I had a populated fan page, but unless it is backed by a study it's not valid. I'm not trying to downplay who you look up to, but all information conveyed should have a source otherwise I simply can't condone it. A different YouTube fitness icon you should take a look into is "Scooby1961". He lists his sources and offers all information and work outs for free. But the information you passed out in this thread simply doesn't make any biological sense.

Being as Scooby is the self proclaimed "King of Broscience", accompanied with the fact that he bans any commentors with conflicting thoughts or facts to those in his videos, I'm going to say it's safe to assume his videos are extremely biased, even if they are sourced. Jason Blaha aka Ice Cream Fitness is easily more knowledgeable and has cited sources in the past, given the fact that he publishes numerous videos a day I will excuse the lack of source for the video in question. Allow me to retort to your no "biological sense" remark, it is widely accepted that in order to grow, we need nutrients, if our caloric intake is the exact same value as our caloric usage we have 0 leftover calories, meaning 0 nutrients are absorbed, therefore in order to grow, a caloric surplus is required. [I don't intend to cite any sources, I'm giving advice to a teen girl, not submitting my thesis] Teens go through puberty -where the majority of growing takes place- and without a caloric surplus, the necessary nutrients aren't going to be available to form new tissue (grow). I mention the reproductive system specifically because that is one of the main/important parts that are developed during puberty whereas height can be ignored essentially. I'm astounded that you can't see the logic here, you don't need to know the first thing about biology to understand that.

SP.
Sinister Potato
xRedcell
Sinister Potato
xRedcell

xxx

Being as Scooby is the self proclaimed "King of Broscience", accompanied with the fact that he bans any commentors with conflicting thoughts or facts to those in his videos, I'm going to say it's safe to assume his videos are extremely biased, even if they are sourced. Jason Blaha aka Ice Cream Fitness is easily more knowledgeable and has cited sources in the past, given the fact that he publishes numerous videos a day I will excuse the lack of source for the video in question. Allow me to retort to your no "biological sense" remark, it is widely accepted that in order to grow, we need nutrients, if our caloric intake is the exact same value as our caloric usage we have 0 leftover calories, meaning 0 nutrients are absorbed, therefore in order to grow, a caloric surplus is required. [I don't intend to cite any sources, I'm giving advice to a teen girl, not submitting my thesis] Teens go through puberty -where the majority of growing takes place- and without a caloric surplus, the necessary nutrients aren't going to be available to form new tissue (grow). I mention the reproductive system specifically because that is one of the main/important parts that are developed during puberty whereas height can be ignored essentially. I'm astounded that you can't see the logic here, you don't need to know the first thing about biology to understand that.

SP.

Everything quoted within this conversation is strictly speculation. I'm not using a computer so I don't have the means to point out the flaw(s) of your argument, but I also need not argue with a highschool kid who has some ego- boner and a bone to pick with others who might suggest to seek their answers from a reputable source.

Best of luck to you, Genevievee.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
If you look hard enough, you can find Insanity for free online. Check out the local library, it may have it. And it's called Insanity for a reason. You may want to look up HIIT first, then move onto Insanity. And yes, veganism will make a difference, but be sure it's for the right reasons. If it's to reduce your caloric intake, it's not worth it.
If you have a lot to lose, change will come faster than if you do not. (I'm saying 100+ pounds) It is commonly safe to lose 1-2 lbs/week.
Be sure to eat at LEAST 1200 calories a day, and drink lots of water.
The "trick" to exercise is to make it a habit.

Wealthy Genius

xRedcell

Everything quoted within this conversation is strictly speculation. I'm not using a computer so I don't have the means to point out the flaw(s) of your argument, but I also need not argue with a highschool kid who has some ego- boner and a bone to pick with others who might suggest to seek their answers from a reputable source.

Best of luck to you, Genevievee.

Ego-boner is a good one, makes you sound super sophisticated. I insist you destroy my arguments with your scooby-science, I'd love to see it.

SP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces