Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
I'm 15 Years old and i use Marijuana for medical reasons. I'm not prescribed a medical card due to being underage. I have 5% scoliosis (I know its not a lot). I have Severe Back and leg pains and no doctors can figure out why. I feel like I have arthritis in my Hands in knees. I also can not sleep at night so its effecting my schooling. My father Would let me Smoke the Marijuana because he used to do it as a kid and he understand it helps me but my mom doesn't agree so together they both will not allow me! I really Need the medicine to help with all of my problems I have done multiple Blood tests which have all come back with nothing. How can I convince my mom the marijuana really helps me?
I assume you're smoking it?

By consuming marijuana you might very well be treating your symptoms but not your condition(s). You need to consider that the use of cannabis isn't approved for any disease or condition, for several reasons: 1) evidence to support its use for the treatment of a very limited number of conditions is shaky at best, 2) you don't know the exact source or purification method for the cannabis you're using so you don't know what harmful chemicals it might contain, 3) smoking has further potentially damaging health effects, and 4) there is a risk of abuse.

You're still an adolescent so you have more options to treat your scoliosis than if you were an adult. Have you discussed surgery and bracing options with your physician?

How physically active are you? Increasing the anount of exercise you get could help relieve the pain you're feeling in your back and legs (weakness from inactivity is a common cause).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff