Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ugh! I have this great workout called Insanity. It is a two-month program and I loved the first month. My sister and I worked out together, but the next month, I just can't motivate myself to do it. I am so tired. I feel lazy and I want to work out, but I can't get myself to actually do it. It sucks. confused
To get ready for "Insanity", here's what you can do:
One minute before you want to start getting ready, sit there doing nothing, building up anticipation and boredom.
Once one minute comes, force yourself to jump up enthusiastically and do some small workout things, like 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, and 20 lunges or squats. Jump rope in place 50 times as well.

After you do that, you probably won't feel to lazy to do it.

Oh and, make a schedule of when to do Insanity, and time this for before it.

Sexy Turtle

Another way to do is, PUSH yourself! If you dont push yourself, you wont success. You want to lose weight? Or get healthier? Push yourself. Dont be wimpy and give up. If you do, you wont get that body you wanted.

Anxious Human

Man I know that feeling. Is it that you're tired as in want to go back to sleep? Or is it more like, you're sitting there staring at the walls thinking "I have to go do Insanity... ... ... ... ... ..."

Wheezing Hunter

User Image

I know this feeling so well. The first part is easy, getting down to a weight that you find acceptable, but being too lazy to get to your goal. I've stayed the same weight for over a year now because I've been too lazy to reach my ultimate goal. xD
I'm trying again though, eating healthy and going out a lot more! It's working very slowly.

User Image
PyramidHead SHD
To get ready for "Insanity", here's what you can do:
One minute before you want to start getting ready, sit there doing nothing, building up anticipation and boredom.
Once one minute comes, force yourself to jump up enthusiastically and do some small workout things, like 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, and 20 lunges or squats. Jump rope in place 50 times as well.

After you do that, you probably won't feel to lazy to do it.

Oh and, make a schedule of when to do Insanity, and time this for before it.

This is some of the best advice I've ever seen!

Blessed Phantom

i have the same problem sometimes
The Insanity comes with a schedule and a meal plan and I follow all that. I am just so tired. Like I feel like I get nothing out of my workouts because I am so exhausted and don't put enough into it.

I know I am not getting enough sleep, but between college and family and work and homework, I don't have time enough time to sleep. I like to workout, it usually makes me feel better, but right now, I can't even make myself motivated enough to do it.
Besides lack of sleep it's also very possible that you're not eating enough to fuel your body for Insanity.

Really, there's better options for workout plans.
Need to ask yourself how bad you want it. We all get lazy but the best person to motivate you is you. If you want it bad enough you'll do/get through anything for it!

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
people can get inspired differently, so try and find something that usually motivates you to do something then try using that smile

Friendly Citizen

xo_AlexanderBabiee_xo
people can get inspired differently, so try and find something that usually motivates you to do something then try using that smile

Completely agree. For example, my main motivation is wanting to be fit and actually look and feel atheletic so I can hang out with my surfing, windsailing, cliff climbing, active cousins who live in a tropical country. I live in Canada- the weather so far has been fairly mild. Rainy most days but not bitterly cold or anything : )

But yeah- definitely have reasons as to why you want to workout in the first place and use those reasons to keep reminding yourself to push harder and get through the workout [although small amounts of 1-2 minute breaks between reps is encouraged]. But most importantly, those same reasons will help you START your workout and keep you going During.

All the best.

Sometimes you just have to say: screw it, I can do this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff