Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
1. eat better quality foods
2. eat less if you're eating too much
3. try to stick to mostly drinking water
4. do cardio that you enjoy (my suggestion is some oldschool jumping jacks, bike riding, jumping rope)
5. if possible, lift weights

Muscular Man-Lover

9,150 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
Getting fit, for me, was a very difficult thing to consider. I had not been fit for the majority of my life. But if you really want a change, don't think about how much weight you want to lose, or how you'd like to look. Aim to be healthy. Start by picking an activity you enjoy that you can spend a couple hours a day doing. For me, it was swimming. Everyday before work I would swim for 1-2 hours. On my days off I would swim at least 100 laps. To avoid it becoming mundaine, I would change what type of swimming styles I knew every 5 laps. If you don't have a favorite physical activity, walking or cycling everyday is a good start. Everyone with functioning legs can walk and does nearly every day. So walk a certain distance and gradually work your way up to further distances or greater speeds. Use stairs often. Time yourself to get to places faster. I hate running. I suck at it, but I run is spurts to push myself.
Don't reward yourself with bad food. After any strenuous exercise, you should pick some lean protein to help with muscle gain. If you are vegetarian, or if you prefer veggies to meat, beans like lentils are a great source. Lean meats are things like chicken breasts and salmon. Fish really is great. But before you change your diet, start exercising. Doctors say that you should not change your eating habits and physical output at the same time, because it can send your body into shock. just don't overcompensate your hunger with more food intake, otherwise you're doing nothing good for yourself.
I swam for a month before I started hitting the gym. In my down time I found different exercises to help different muscle groups. Some were with weights, some were with machines, some were with nothing but my own body weight. I tried all types until I was comfortable enough to choose my own work outs. This can also be helped if you get a gym buddy, someone who can push you but also help you find your niche. There are two people exercises that are great for the core and fun while difficult.
Eventually the desire to eat well followed. When i made bad food choices, I forced myself to run around a lake near my house, or get up early to swim more laps. A good way of preparing to eat right is a little internet research on healthy, easy to make meals. Food preperation takes time and can feel like more work than eating out, but preparing a big pot of chili and freezing individual portions can help save money and time throughout he week. Look into freezable, healthy foods.
Ultimately it will be whatever you are comfortable with. Take breaks in between work outs, but no more than a couple days unless injured. The rewards of a healthy life are felt all through the day and once you really get into it, it changes your whole concept of life. Stay on top of it for you and only you. Keep pushing yourself.

Stubborn Humorist

20,650 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Party Member 100
Well first and foremost do exercise regularly I guess do this every morning.
Drink 8-13 glasses of water a day.
Eat less fatty-acid foods.
Eat lots of veggies and fruits it'll help a lot staying fit.

3nodding

Devoted Friend

8,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Befriended 100
TheRob
1. eat better quality foods
2. eat less if you're eating too much
3. try to stick to mostly drinking water
4. do cardio that you enjoy (my suggestion is some oldschool jumping jacks, bike riding, jumping rope)
5. if possible, lift weights

All of this, but with #2 watch your portions better. More green vegetables and cut back a little on the starches.
I think everything in moderation will help you get where you want to be. One of my older friends has always had a problem with a large girth. He's very open about how he got to where he was today (which is remarkably better than where he used to be.) When I was in 8th grade, I actually interviewed him about it for a health project we were doing. I found out that he had lost over 1,000 pounds in the thirty to forty years he has been struggling with his weight. Exercise is important, what you eat is important, and how you treat yourself is important. However, consistency and moderation are the most important.
Watch what you eat (consider lowering calories or foods full of preservatives), when you eat, what you are most likely to crave, and how to control these urges so you don't binge. Although better food (generally more fresh) takes longer to prepare, it is well worth it.
Look up, at first, gentle exercises that ease your body into the new lifestyle. You don't want to completely submerge yourself in it initially because you could injure yourself. As you get used to consistent exercises, you can amp it up. Take long amounts of time to increase the amount of work you do, because trying to cut seconds off of a certain running time in even a month can cause the greatest runners to become incapacitated. Us normal people are no different 4laugh
The man I mentioned earlier now only uses a small plate at meals to remind himself of what he's still improving. He still walks every day with his dog. (He said she was his best motivator whee )
Remember this is not a diet. It's a lifestyle change and improvement. biggrin
Best wishes! biggrin

Anxious Citizen

5,950 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
  • Hygienic 200
Keep at it and keep improving or increasing whatever you are doing. Just build it up! You can do it!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff