Welcome to Gaia! ::

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
How many days would a person go without nutrients such as protein, carbs, fats etc until effects due to its deficiency would show? For example, if I only live on corn and oats for a week (or only a certain type of food at a period of time), what would the absence of protein do to my body after that period?
Assuming you're asking because you want to follow some retarded diet, i'm not going to answer it and you shouldn't do such dumb things.

Divine Zealot

Hamora Hime
How many days would a person go without nutrients such as protein, carbs, fats etc until effects due to its deficiency would show? For example, if I only live on corn and oats for a week (or only a certain type of food at a period of time), what would the absence of protein do to my body after that period?

Mainly living off of corn? Look up a disease called pellagra as a result of using corn as a dietary staple.

That aside, the body tends to make it's own carbohydrate if it doesn't get enough. It obtains this through breaking down proteins. People live off of various macro breakdowns for long periods of time. Vegans tend to go periods of time without meat sources of protein, and rely on those found in their plant diet. There are people who regularly fast for about 4 weeks at a time, so that's zero macro intake for about 30 days.

Seriously though, just eat appropriately. What is bringing up this question in the first place?

Dapper Gaian

1,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Timid 100
  • Full closet 200
I do mostly a vegan diet, but I'm really busy and can't keep up with supplements.

So, after about a week, I notice I have little energy (We're talking about 10 hrs of sleep per day) and general lethargy, and I bruise really easily. (Iron)

After about two weeks, I start to just get melancholy. A little bit listless, and... eeep. Just sad and moody. (B12)

Between the first and second week I just feel really weak. (Protein)

I figured it's no good to do this to my body, and I consume fish protein about once a week/week and a half.
And it perks me right up.

I know it's stupid.
I know I should take better care of myself.

I'm super worried for the long term effects this might have.

So unless you have a good reason for asking, don't do this thing.

When I was a vegetarian and went to a raw vegan diet, it took about three weeks before I had no energy and had to have some dairy/meat.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Miragen
Assuming you're asking because you want to follow some retarded diet, i'm not going to answer it and you shouldn't do such dumb things.

No stupid. I have ******** haemorrhoids and I didn't want to go on laxative and thought I should go on with soft foods for a few days but worry I might harm myself if I just jump into it. Which is why I asked. Thanks for not being helpful.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Thanks everyone for your replies smile I understand your concern as to why I asked. I expected this much, but don't worry. I'm all for a healthy diet and I am strongly against starving yourself to lose weight or any s**t like that. In fact, I asked because I worry I might harm myself if I go on with my initial plan.
Hamora Hime
Miragen

No stupid. I have ******** haemorrhoids and I didn't want to go on laxative and thought I should go on with soft foods for a few days but worry I might harm myself if I just jump into it. Which is why I asked. Thanks for not being helpful.

Do you even have any ******** clue where you are? The headquarters for insecure teenage girls who constantly do stupid s**t to try and lose weight.
Maybe you should clarify yourself when you make a post, you leave it open to suggestion and then get mad when people get it wrong dipshit.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Miragen
Hamora Hime
Miragen

Do you even have any ******** clue where you are? The headquarters for insecure teenage girls who constantly do stupid s**t to try and lose weight.
Maybe you should clarify yourself when you make a post, you leave it open to suggestion and then get mad when people get it wrong dipshit.

Well I'm sorry that you're the one jumping into the wrong conclusions.
Maybe you should use nicer words next time, to show, you know, genuine worry.
Hamora Hime
Miragen
Hamora Hime
Miragen

Well I'm sorry that you're the one jumping into the wrong conclusions.
Maybe you should use nicer words next time, to show, you know, genuine worry.

Because 99% of the topics in health and fitness are about dieting and losing weight.
That's why I said 'ASSUMING' since for some reason you expect others to ask about your motivations rather than you explain it yourself.
On top of that, I said the diet would be retarded, which it is, and following said diet would be dumb, so I don't see why you have a problem with my words when they are not aimed at you.

I'm in this thread to help you in the first place, aside from the fact that I regret that decision, why else would I be here?

And no, you're a random person on the internet, not a nice one with that, so I do not genuinly worry about you.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
As a recovered anorexic, I can tell you that I've went well over a week with barely any food or nutrients, however I did consume extreme amounts of fluids (non-caloric) and popped sleeping pills like no other. I think it really depends on an individual's health and body.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Miragen

Because 99% of the topics in health and fitness are about dieting and losing weight.
That's why I said 'ASSUMING' since for some reason you expect others to ask about your motivations rather than you explain it yourself.
On top of that, I said the diet would be retarded, which it is, and following said diet would be dumb, so I don't see why you have a problem with my words when they are not aimed at you.

I'm in this thread to help you in the first place, aside from the fact that I regret that decision, why else would I be here?

And no, you're a random person on the internet, not a nice one with that, so I do not genuinely worry about you.

I'm not always mean tho. It really depends on the kind of person I'm talking to.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Sopiyu
As a recovered anorexic, I can tell you that I've went well over a week with barely any food or nutrients, however I did consume extreme amounts of fluids (non-caloric) and popped sleeping pills like no other. I think it really depends on an individual's health and body.

I'm glad you've recovered, dear. I wish you all the best smile

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
Hamora Hime
Sopiyu

I'm glad you've recovered, dear. I wish you all the best smile
Awe, thank you! And to you too!
Hamora Hime
Miragen

And no, you're a random person on the internet, not a nice one with that, so I do not genuinely worry about you.

I'm not always mean tho. It really depends on the kind of person I'm talking to.

You should realise that people who reply to you are trying to help you, otherwise they wouldn't bother, and that 99% of people here do not genuinly care about you, and if they say they do, they are lying, we are on the internet here.

2,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
Miragen

You should realise that people who reply to you are trying to help you, otherwise they wouldn't bother, and that 99% of people here do not genuinly care about you, and if they say they do, they are lying, we are on the internet here.

Hmm...you don't say? I wonder how I was able to log into this website and reply in this thread..... I'm pretty sure a potato didn't help me do that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff