Lonely Prophet

I gained a ton of weight after I had my son due to being on Depo. Since that 4 years ago, I've been on 7 different birth controls, and we think we figured one that would allow me to lose weight.

I CANNOT run or put too much pressure on my ankles due to me recovering from a fracture. I can still walk, though.

I eat 2 main meals a day, and have 3 smaller snacks. Usually, the main meals have 1 starch, 1 meat, and 1 fruit/vege. Breakfast is either oatmeal and toast, or eggs and toast. Snacks range from little special K snack bars, to a small thing of party mix/trail mix (less than a cup), or a fruit. I do not drink caffeine. I drink wine every other night, and a small glass. I get treated to an amazing meal out of the house once every 2 weeks. I do not eat fast food.

Exercises I do now: lifting 15lb weights, situps/pushups/etc (see below), walking up to a mile a day, cleaning house (includes mopping/sweeping/and a lot of folding clothing), football (or soccer) for 30 minutes, cutting wood/logs for 15 minutes, and a 5 minute dance routine.

I do plan on upping a bit of the exercises once I am able to run and put more pressure on my ankle, but I will not strain myself.

I've done a range of mix of the above for 3 years, and so I need more things. I cannot afford or have time for a gym. I've done the Jillian Michaels Shred, but it caused pain in my ankle, so I cannot due most of her exercises. (I do the rotations of sit ups, push ups, and a few other things, though). I try to include my son in on the activities, since it makes it more enjoyable for the both of us.

Looking for anything else I could be doing that isn't me going TOO far out of my way.