Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
i cant lose weight no matter how hard i try. it is so disappointing. any tips?

Prophet

Do a caloric deficit.

Read this:
http://liamrosen.com/fitness.html

6,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
Doing a lot of cardio is good for weight loss. While I was on crutches I gained 20 lbs so when I got off I started running 20 miles a week... I didn't loose all of it before I got pregnant but it was working.
Try adding foods to your diet instead of subtracting them. Add in healthy goodies you really love, like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or crunchy snow peas. Slip those favorite fruits into your bag lunch and breakfast cereal; add the veggies into soups, stews, and sauces.

If the word "exercise" inspires you to creative avoidance, then avoid it. Maybe the trick to enjoying a workout may be to never call it working out.

Walking when the weather's nice is a super-easy way to keep fit

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

Down some water before a meal and you won't feel so famished

it's a great idea to keep no-calorie beverages at hand "as a way to keep your mouth busy and less likely to snack on junk food."

With the massive meals served at so many American restaurants, it's easy to go Dutch -- with the dinner plate. Share a meal.

Try dancing to the music when you tune into your favorite music show, or practice some stress-relieving cardio boxing when your least favorite reality contestant is on camera.

Eating less without feeling denied is as close as your dinnerware.

That's because while a small portion served on a large plate can leave you craving more, a smaller plate gives the visual signal that you already have more.

When your weight loss efforts lead to boredom or too much self-focus, get occupied with something else.

Finally, be patient. While cultivating that virtue isn't exactly painless, it may help to know that keeping weight off generally gets easier over time.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
Did you even try? You're not giving us any idea of what you did to lose weight. So how is anyone is going to help you if you don't explain yourself?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff