Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Zealot

I'm of the mindset that, if you have to eat snacks, you're not eating enough during meal times. That said, I know a lot of people who just use fruit, or hardboiled eggs. The latter can be stored in the fridge and just peel them as necessary.
I love the Quaker Chewy 90 Calorie Granola Bars, Smore Flavor. It's healthy and yummy too!

Anxious Genius

I buy a couple of bags of baby carrots a month and snack on those. During the school year, i have about 10 for lunch along with fruit snacks and a couple of graham crackers. They're very filling and have a nice satisfying crunch to them, along with a nice hint of sweetness. Since they're very low in calories you can eat as many as you need to feel full without worry! Good luck! emotion_bigheart
http://www.antioxidantsandyou.com/ has lists of healthy foods and their related health benefits smile

Check out http://www.antioxidantsandyou.com/the-beyond.html for external links to recipes and more! (If you don't find what you're looking for, do check back later!) wink

Chatty Noob

green apple with low fat peanut butter

celery with low fat peanut butter

Cherry tomatoes (you need to be wise when choosing these, some cherry tomatoes can taste awful, like the huge regular tomatoes. good cherry tomatoes are sweet, and crispy!!)

If food looks pretty, anyone would eat it...so pretty fruits like strawberry, black berries, star fruit

try this: cactus pear..your family would be so intrigue with it that they WILL try it. When eating this, you're not suppose to chew the seeds because they are too hard, just break it up in your mouth and swallow whole....it suppose it be peeled like an orange, be careful of spikes, you don't want to get a splinter in your mouth. don't don't eat too much or you'll get backed up
Nuts are a good move. Pistachios, almonds, and walnuts are all super good for you. A good handful can usually satisfy a person if they need a quick snack.

Like many other people have said baby carrots are awesome. They're usually sweet and they have a satisfying crunch. Celery is good too, but if you need something to sweeten it or cut the bitterness, some peanut butter will help. And avocados. Cut one of those bad-boys in half and eat that. Sprinkle it with some salt and pepper for added flavor- maybe even some lemon juice.

And drink tons of water! Lemon water is brilliant for your body.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff