Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I'm trying to help my family on eating healthy, what I'm focused is our snacks, they always buy unhealthy snacks. I'm interested on looking for inexpensive nutritious snacks. Anything you recommend is appreciated.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

10 Inch Inflexible Mahogany Wand, Dragon Heartstring Core

First Year, Hufflepuff

<( unfortunately it's expensive, but I eat dried veggie chips. they are actual slices of squash, sweet potato, carrot, taro, and green beans, dried with a bit of canola oil and sea salt. also cashews, but they're like $12 for a box and only last a few days to a week. unfortunately, healthy eating is more expensive. however, if you have a food dehydrator you can make things like dried fruits and veggies. also yoghurt, my grandma makes her own and flavors it with honey and berries. )

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Morbid Obesity

First Year, Hufflepuff

<( unfortunately it's expensive, but I eat dried veggie chips. they are actual slices of squash, sweet potato, carrot, taro, and green beans, dried with a bit of canola oil and sea salt. also cashews, but they're like $12 for a box and only last a few days to a week. unfortunately, healthy eating is more expensive. however, if you have a food dehydrator you can make things like dried fruits and veggies. also yoghurt, my grandma makes her own and flavors it with honey and berries. )

Well it's a little disappointing, but thanks on telling about the food dehydrator and the yoghurt. ^ ^

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Artiemisa
Morbid Obesity

First Year, Hufflepuff

Well it's a little disappointing, but thanks on telling about the food dehydrator and the yoghurt. ^ ^

First Year, Hufflepuff

<( no problem. i also am trying to eat healthier, but i only get $200 a month for food, so for 2 weeks i eat healthy and then until my food stamps get refilled i just have to eat whatever my grandmother makes, and fall back on ramen when i can't afford anything else. if you have a big yard, try starting a garden. and you can grow mushrooms indoors, and mushrooms are great for you.

but yeah it's expensive. a half gallon of almond milk is the price of a gallon of regular milk, my oats and honey granola bars are like $2 more expensive than the ones that are so unhealthy you might as well just keep on eating cookies. and i get fiber one brownies that are only 90 calories each and help you poop (i'm big on healthy pooping, if you know anything about poop you can look at it and tell your health based on color, consistency, size, and if it floats or stinks... it's really quite interesting, even though it's still totally gross) while tasting good, but they're small and a box of 6 is like $3-$4, which seems a bit much for so small they are. also, just found out today, but a lot of "healthy" cereals like honey bunches of oats and special k are craptastic too, and you might as well keep eating the lucky charms sweatdrop it's seriously hard to eat healthy, unless you have the patience to read a book or two about nutrition and read every single label. since i started dieting i haven't had mac and cheese, instant potatoes, or a single freezer meal, which sucks because all of those things are pretty cheap. )

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Morbid Obesity
Yeah. So far from what I heard frozen fruits and plain yoghurt, you can make a smoothie out of them, but I'm not sure if the frozen fruit is cheap.

Wealthy Regular

12,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Artiemisa
Morbid Obesity
Yeah. So far from what I heard frozen fruits and plain yoghurt, you can make a smoothie out of them, but I'm not sure if the frozen fruit is cheap.

First Year, Hufflepuff

<( it's cheaper than fresh fruit, but still somewhat pricey. )

7,600 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
One healthy snack is apples and peanut butter. To much peanut butter is bad for you but a little bit of it with apples is nutritious and delicious! Another one are nuts. I like lightly salted cashews ... I think they are good and they are one thing you should definitely eat for a healthy snack. Another one is voila. It's a frozen meal. But it is the best frozen meal I have had.. it has yummy flavor. It's a bag full of noodles chicken and three vegetables. You should try it. I know a lot of people hate raisins so instead I like to eat yogurt covered raisins. They're way better for you than chips. Hope that helped! !!

Fashionable Dabbler

5,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Artiemisa
Morbid Obesity

Frozen fruit is pretty cheap, you can go store brand on this too. I bought them cheapest at Walmart and there's no tricks to it its just frozen fruit. Bananas are pretty inexpensive as well so throw one in too wink

chips and salsa or hummus are good too. I like to eat apples and peanut butter or on a banana. The peanut butter has protein so it more of a filling snack.

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Alexakitkat89
One healthy snack is apples and peanut butter. To much peanut butter is bad for you but a little bit of it with apples is nutritious and delicious! Another one are nuts. I like lightly salted cashews ... I think they are good and they are one thing you should definitely eat for a healthy snack. Another one is voila. It's a frozen meal. But it is the best frozen meal I have had.. it has yummy flavor. It's a bag full of noodles chicken and three vegetables. You should try it. I know a lot of people hate raisins so instead I like to eat yogurt covered raisins. They're way better for you than chips. Hope that helped! !!

Very interesting. Thanks for the information~!

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Scarcely_Breathing
Artiemisa
Morbid Obesity

Frozen fruit is pretty cheap, you can go store brand on this too. I bought them cheapest at Walmart and there's no tricks to it its just frozen fruit. Bananas are pretty inexpensive as well so throw one in too wink

chips and salsa or hummus are good too. I like to eat apples and peanut butter or on a banana. The peanut butter has protein so it more of a filling snack.

Didn't knew that bananas were cheap. I like protein. heart

Fashionable Phantom

I love my dehydrator. I can slice anything I want thin and then dehydrate it into chips. Sweet potato, apples, strawberries.

I also love slicing up lean beef into thin strips, marinating it in something yummy overnight (currently using organic BBQ sauce, or organic honey garlic sauce), and then dehydrating it while I am at work. Beef Jerky FTW.

The best part is while I'm away, my dehydrator is still doing things for me in the kitchen. c: Also when you make your own snacks with a dehydrator you avoid eating bad oils (soybean oil, canola oil, etc).

Then there's always the traditional veggies and dip.

I also started buying LĂ„RABARs. They're gluten and soy free, grain free, no added sugar.
They're made of dates and nuts as a base instead of granola, and they come in a ton of different flavours. I really like the Coconut Cream one, since coconut is crazy healthy for you. Plus, I get lots of healthy fats that way.

Homemade Fruit smoothies, homemade fruit popsicles... you can do homemade ice cream too! Using natural sweeteners like maple syrup or honey instead of table sugar.
Baby carrots are always good. I also like String Cheese, apples, plain yogurt with some berries mixed in it, applesauce, pretzel sticks with peanut butter is good on the go.

One thing I also like to do when I am home is toast up a piece of bread, my preference is whole wheat but white is good too, put some smooth style peanut butter on it while the bread is still warm and then thinly slice up part of a banana on top. So the end result is basically a toasted open faced peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I also make my own chewy granola bars so that way I can control what is in it and find ways to make it healthier. 3nodding

6,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Eat whatever snacks you want, as long as you're not over eating and your diet is nutritionally complete, any snack is perfectly acceptable.

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
FaceThatMeows
I love my dehydrator. I can slice anything I want thin and then dehydrate it into chips. Sweet potato, apples, strawberries.

I also love slicing up lean beef into thin strips, marinating it in something yummy overnight (currently using organic BBQ sauce, or organic honey garlic sauce), and then dehydrating it while I am at work. Beef Jerky FTW.

The best part is while I'm away, my dehydrator is still doing things for me in the kitchen. c: Also when you make your own snacks with a dehydrator you avoid eating bad oils (soybean oil, canola oil, etc).

Then there's always the traditional veggies and dip.

I also started buying LĂ„RABARs. They're gluten and soy free, grain free, no added sugar.
They're made of dates and nuts as a base instead of granola, and they come in a ton of different flavours. I really like the Coconut Cream one, since coconut is crazy healthy for you. Plus, I get lots of healthy fats that way.

Homemade Fruit smoothies, homemade fruit popsicles... you can do homemade ice cream too! Using natural sweeteners like maple syrup or honey instead of table sugar.

Coconuts~! <3
Thank you for the information.

6,450 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Melawen
Baby carrots are always good. I also like String Cheese, apples, plain yogurt with some berries mixed in it, applesauce, pretzel sticks with peanut butter is good on the go.

One thing I also like to do when I am home is toast up a piece of bread, my preference is whole wheat but white is good too, put some smooth style peanut butter on it while the bread is still warm and then thinly slice up part of a banana on top. So the end result is basically a toasted open faced peanut butter and banana sandwich.

I also make my own chewy granola bars so that way I can control what is in it and find ways to make it healthier. 3nodding

Peanut butter banana sandwich is creative. o:
Thank you for replying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas