Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've been eating right, counting calories, exercising with cardio and weights for 33 days now and I can't tell if anything has even changed. Other people say I have but I don't see it. I'd like an outside view of honest people who don't even know me. First picture was taken 6 days into my plan, second photo was taken today, 33 days into it. I'm trying to lose weight and tone up. The only change I notice is my arms have become slightly more muscley. When I started I weighed 57kg, no idea how much now, far too scared to jump on the scales. Also I should confess in the first picture I'm sucking in a little bit because I'm a d**k and insecure and blah, second picture I'm not sucking in at all.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]
I can tell that you have more muscle definition on your stomach compared to before, especially since you said your were sucking in a little! Out of curiosity of trying to build my lower abs, what exercises are you doing for that section?
NarcoticXRemedy
I can tell that you have more muscle definition on your stomach compared to before, especially since you said your were sucking in a little! Out of curiosity of trying to build my lower abs, what exercises are you doing for that section?

Yay, thank you :]
For abs I've been doing crunches, les raises, torso twists.. I do quite a few more exercises but I'm not sure what they're specifically targeting haha |: I should probably look into it. Abs and legs are mostly what I want to work on, what exercises are you doing for those?

Time-traveling Senshi

Sometimes we ourselves may not see the visible differences, like flatter bellies and more toned legs and arms and dropping numbers on a scale, but if things start fitting better on us then there's definitely some change for the good going on. So if you put a button shirt on and it's laying better on you or your pants are feeling looser in legs or mid section then you're definitely improving. I firmly believe that while the numbers on the scale are important it's the numbers on the pants/dress that give us the psychological boost to keep going. Because one number could be going up (as muscle weighs more than fat) while the other one is going down. You can not lose a single pound on the scale and still lose inches from building lean muscle, shedding body fat, and having better muscle definition. So if someone says you're looking real good, even if you don't notice it initially, take the compliment because they definitely are noticing a change in your body for the better.

I do agree with NaroticXRemedy that you can see more muscle definition in the after shot.

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

i think 33 days is a little early for "visible" results, but yeah, i see a difference

good luck! you look amazing wink
also cute tats emotion_yatta

Wheezing Fatcat

It would be a lot easier to tell if you were in the same position, y'aknow?

Your arms and your thighs look a bit thinner, but it could be just how you're standing.
SPAstronaut
NarcoticXRemedy
Yay, thank you :]
For abs I've been doing crunches, les raises, torso twists.. I do quite a few more exercises but I'm not sure what they're specifically targeting haha |: I should probably look into it. Abs and legs are mostly what I want to work on, what exercises are you doing for those?

cool, thank you! I mostly do push ups, sit ups, and squats, but a lot of my body training comes from karate, so even just holding certain positions (front stance, back stance and middle stance haha :p)

Wealthy Genius

Definitely, you're not particularly chubby anyway, don't be so afraid of the scales. You should judge by how you look in the mirror rather than how much you weigh anyway, everyone has different compositions, muscle is more dense than fat etc. Weight loss isn't necessarily good.

SP.
your stomach looks cuter smile

i'm trying to maintain my toned core/abs, so i feel the struggle crying
X_Hakiro_X
It would be a lot easier to tell if you were in the same position, y'aknow?

Your arms and your thighs look a bit thinner, but it could be just how you're standing.

That's fair. Here you go. Taken today. Mirror's a bit foggy, just got out of the shower. And I don't know what's up with the border, I just stuck one on. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image[/img]
I agree, u look more toned then before. I look like I am 9months preggo and it is extremely embarrassing. Do u have any ideas maybe that could help me?
XMidnightMitress13X
I agree, u look more toned then before. I look like I am 9months preggo and it is extremely embarrassing. Do u have any ideas maybe that could help me?

Thank you, that makes me feel better :]
Cardio and strength training! And calorie counting of course. I also cut out things likes bread, pasta, cheese, energy drinks, etc. It made the bloating go down a LOT and I bloated like crazy. Good luck on your journey, I believe in you.
I have did away from potatoes, corn, bread, rice, things like that. smile It has helped and now when I look at myself I don't look so bloated as u said. I am also eating better and trying to go for a walk every evening. smile Hopefully the pounds will start melting away soon enough.
XMidnightMitress13X
I have did away from potatoes, corn, bread, rice, things like that. smile It has helped and now when I look at myself I don't look so bloated as u said. I am also eating better and trying to go for a walk every evening. smile Hopefully the pounds will start melting away soon enough.

Sounds like the pounds should start coming off in no time :] don't get discouraged of the scales though like I am, remember muscle weighs more than fat so if it doesn't change it doesn't mean it's not working, could just mean you're gaining muscle :]
SPAstronaut
XMidnightMitress13X

Sounds like the pounds should start coming off in no time :] don't get discouraged of the scales though like I am, remember muscle weighs more than fat so if it doesn't change it doesn't mean it's not working, could just mean you're gaining muscle :]

My goal weight is 150pounds. I am doing it in sections. I was 250 but now I am 229. My first goal is 200pounds. Meaning I have what 20 more pds to lose. I think. Just need encouragement and advice and I will melt it off in no time flat. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff