Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I know, I know, I should ask a doctor. I hate going to appointments, and besides it's really late and there is an ice storm outside.....been trolling online and looking at websites for answers....so thought it wouldn't hurt to throw this on a couple forums....

This only contains a small bit if TMI, so don't be grossed out.

So, it all started on Thanksgiving. I got a major migraine and threw up as soon as I got home after riding in the car. After that, for two more days I got the same migraine and threw up after riding in the car. After that I didn't throw up again, but I have been feeling like I need to. Nausea is pretty bad lately and it comes and goes with the migraines. Sometimes thinking of certain foods makes me feel nauseous. Other times I am fine and can eat normally. Other times I feel sick right after eating and feel like throwing up. Every time I get out of bed I feel unbearably tired and dizzy at times when I stand up. I am constantly tired and fighting to stay awake, even after sleeping for 12 hours. (I felt this tired when I was on my medicine, but I am no longer on ANY meds). My stomach has been randomly aching, almost like a menstrual cramp (but I shouldn't have "Aunt Flo" for like 11 more days and my last one that ended right before Thanksgiving was perfectly normal). Seems like I am having to go to the restroom a lot more often as well.

But seriously, though. I feel like crap and it comes and goes. Like right now, I am nauseous. I know the computer doesn't help migraines or my tiredness. Maybe some type of stomach virus? Anyone feel like this?

Generous Giver

I think you should see a doctor. Without knowing your medical history it would be very hard to give you advice.

Are the migraines totally out of the blue?
Did you recently hit your head? If so, I'd go to the ER.
Did you recently strain yourself exercising?
Have you gone swimming recently?
Have you eaten anything new or have you drunk any diet sodas or diet products?

Friendly Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
The migraines are out of the blue, and as for everything else, no. I've not gotten hurt or anything of the sort. Stress is the only thing I can think of. I do have severe OCD and anxiety that is as bad as always, but this is the first time I got physically sick. Thanks for responding, by the by.

As for medical history, that's about it. OCD, anxiety, and I have a really bad back and arthritis type bodily pain. Nothing else but that, really. I've never had migraines until quite recently.

Generous Giver

Stress can bring on migraines. Have you been experiencing increased stress?

How much water do you drink during the day? Being dehydrated can bring on migraines, too.
Agreed with the above poster. I get migraines that may or may not come with nausea usually at least twice a month that seem to be completely unexplained. In general, try to get some caffeine in you for the migraines, as this widens blood vessels. Soda and coffee might not be your best bet, but there are alternatives. Most migraine meds have caffeine in them already. Water helps, and if nothing else it flushes out your stomach when you get sick (which could help if it IS a stomach virus) and prevents you from dry heaving or throwing up stomach acid. Also try peppermint candies, tea, or anything else pepperminty; they are good for upset stomach.

Stress (I theorize) is a major factor in mine, and I'm certain that anxiety and OCD could be contributing to your issue... but don't take my word for it, since I'm not a doctor! If you aren't better soon, I would make an appointment.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
If you go to the doctor and find they have no answers for you ask them to check if you have developed a gluten allergy.

Friendly Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Thanks all. Went to the doctor, but was never given a definite answer. I still have to get an ultrasound and another test of sorts to see if it's an ulcer or anything else. I really wish they could have given me some idea instead of just meds. I know I had a urinary tract infection (my OCD keeps me from using public bathrooms, which leads to bad effects on the body). What is suddenly causing these headaches and nausea could very well be stress. I will try the caffeine tip, even though I don't really eat or drink that much. Maybe I can find some around here. The throwing up seems to have subsided, but I still feel the nausea and think I may have to sometimes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff