Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Nerd

14,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
So I tried it on my hair yesterday and slept with a bag on my head all night and washed it out today. I had to shampoo my hair a few times to get it all out, but I don't know if there is a difference. Usually, my hair is really shiny ( good shiny) and has a lot of volume. It's still pretty shiny and it smells really nice too. I just really want to avoid split ends, because the feeling of the rough hair at the bottom isn't pleasant, plus that means cutting it, which means making it shorter which means no awesome long hair. How do I avoid that? Is there some technique for brushing that equals no split ends?
I tried using it for coconut pulling? Like the teeth thing. I didn't mind, cause I love the taste of coconut, but I guess I have to wait a bit longer to find out if it works.
I wonder what else I can use it for... It's the expensive unrefined organic coconut oil, so I want to treasure every last drop ( it costs soooo much. Just this time, I'll indulge). Anybody out there know what else to do with it?

Peace

Ruthless Lunatic

10,250 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Bookworm 100
It also does wonders for dry skin, even chapped lips. I also use it to help remove eye makeup. As for your hair, it won't stop split ends completely or heal what is already split, but it will help give you less to worry about. Just rubbing into your scalp will also help your hair grow a little faster. I love coconut oil. For all the many uses it is worth the price.

Noob

I've never tried coconut oil on my hair, might be one to try whee

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
you should conditioner wash ur hair when trying to get oil out, it's less drying to do it that way (shampooing over and over undos the treatment anyways). what I do is CO wash (conditioner wash), shampoo, then condition again after oil treatments.

I'm not sure what to recommend about split ends, because I don't get them.

Man-Hungry Prophet

Once you've got split ends, there's actually no way to get rid of them without cutting them. It sucks, but just trim your hair regularly. It'll still grow nice and long, don't worry. My hair grows slow as hell and I trim it regularly, it actually seems like it's growing faster now! But here are some tips to prevent split ends: shampoo every other day, deep condition your hair weekly, never brush it while it's wet, avoid using heat (curler, flatiron, blow dryer), don't rub your hair really hard to dry it, and don't tie pony tails too tightly.

Coconut oil is primarily a moisturizer. You could take a drop or two, morning and night, and rub it into your face as a moisturizer. You could also use it for your body, though the biggest use is really for your hair (in my opinion). It's probably best to just put it in the ends of your hair, because if it gets into your roots it could potentially clog them or just cause a lot of excess oil.
Well.. If you have acne, you can apply it on like a toner after cleansing your face. c:
Did you heat up the coconut oil? You should look at the ingredients on your shampoo bottle. Avoid sulfates, that damages your hair :c
I have really long hair and really bad split ends cause I don't do anything besides shampoo and conditioner. But it's not too obvious. In college, it's kind of hard to look after my hair properly when I have essentially NO free time. I hope you find a solution though!
I love using coconut oil on my hair. I have super dry, medium length hair and will put a small amount of coconut oil on the ends of my hair after washing and drying it. It keeps my hair looking smooth and soft.

I also did the oil pulling thing for about a month, trying to see if it would help my sensitive gums. (Along with normal flossing and brushing of course) It really did nothing at all for me, but my teeth did feel super clean afterwards.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff