Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I've been doing ab work outs every other day, each day I do it about 20-60 crunches, 1 30 second plank, 20 plank up's (I guess that's the best way to describe it without knowing the name) and 10-20 leg lifts while laying down.
I am 5'4, 110 Lbs, I do cardio & resistance training frequently. From my waist to hip ratio I think I am lean, or at least according to the calculators online. (23in to 35in)
I feel a burn every time I do the exercises or I don't stop till I do feel a burn, but still no abs? I have been at this for about 3 months + too.

I don't want super abs or anything, just some definition. My abs feel pretty solid too I just can't see them. It's annoying. I talked to someone else about it and they told me I probably need to loose weight but if I get any thinner I feel like I am going to loose my butt....can anyone give me any tips or advice?

(I work out about 10+ hours a week, before that I was walking / standing all day at my job for 9 hours and still working out 5-7 hours a week)

Wealthy Gaian

11,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Trader 100
oTrissa
I've been doing ab work outs every other day, each day I do it about 20-60 crunches, 1 30 second plank, 20 plank up's (I guess that's the best way to describe it without knowing the name) and 10-20 leg lifts while laying down.
I am 5'4, 110 Lbs, I do cardio & resistance training frequently. From my waist to hip ratio I think I am lean, or at least according to the calculators online. (23in to 35in)
I feel a burn every time I do the exercises or I don't stop till I do feel a burn, but still no abs? I have been at this for about 3 months + too.

I don't want super abs or anything, just some definition. My abs feel pretty solid too I just can't see them. It's annoying. I talked to someone else about it and they told me I probably need to loose weight but if I get any thinner I feel like I am going to loose my butt....can anyone give me any tips or advice?

(I work out about 10+ hours a week, before that I was walking / standing all day at my job for 9 hours and still working out 5-7 hours a week)
try drinking more water and maybe so protien things <:

Fashionable Gaian

15,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
Abs are usually a waste of time on training - unless you've given birth recently.

To have visible abs you need the right genetics (low amount of stomach fat) + the right amount of fat. If you've got too much fat covering your abs, they might be rock solid but "invisible".

I wouldn't worry too much about losing "your butt" when you decrease your fat percentage, since glutes is easy to work "up".
To get abs,, ab workouts are useless unless u loose enought body fat. A women need at least 10 - 17 % of body fat guys need to have less then 10%.... So burn more body fat by exercising at least 30 min. A day. Oh and 95% of the work is just loosing body fat and the 5% of the work is abs exercises... Hope this helped yhu ^.^
Honestly, water is the best thing you can do

Bucktoothed Fatcat

12,525 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
nathaniel_heyo_its_me
To get abs,, ab workouts are useless unless u loose enought body fat. A women need at least 10 - 17 % of body fat guys need to have less then 10%.... So burn more body fat by exercising at least 30 min. A day. Oh and 95% of the work is just loosing body fat and the 5% of the work is abs exercises... Hope this helped yhu ^.^

This is in fact true! I don't know what the other guy was talking about with genetics and giving birth, but woman do have a different physical makeup.

Female bodies hold more fat on their stomach than men and in this case, you would have to lose a bit of weight to see more definition in your abs. Personally (as I am a girl), I know for certain the only time I ever had some sort of obvious ab definitions was when I had a lower body fat count and consumed only health foods. Unfortunately, I've lapsed into lazydom and lost what little abs I had.

Girls just have to work harder I guess. sad
If I was a guy, then you probably see a... two-pack on me right now. lol

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
nathaniel_heyo_its_me
thank you, i thought i was going to have to explain to someone how it works, but you got this covered. No one else really knows this stuff yet spouts on about genetics...i hate dumb people
Not everyone is physically capable of being able to have abs.
Count calories until you know how much you're really eating. Get real a**l with the numbers at the start so it gets easier to guess (and thus quicker) later on. Your goal is fat loss (no amount of abs exercises will help until you shift the belly flab) so reduce your calories (start with 500 less in your daily diet until you start shifting weight), drop your carb intake to less than 150g a day (which means cutting out a lot of sugars) and eat lots of lean meats, fatty meats and vegetables. Note that fat doesn't make you fat - excess calories do. I train in full contact karate three times every day, giving me a calorie requirement of 4000 per day. I can eat 7 Big Macs every day (540 cal) and stay ripped. You can generally avoid supplements as their efficacy has not yet been proven. To make weight loss easier you should do lots of the right gym work. Forget long, slow runs. Instead focus on heavy lifts (compound movements like squats, deadlifts and bench press with upwards of 1 to 2x your bodyweight on the barbell) and sprints. Add a dose of consistency and a sprinkling of time to see results.
32 Flavours

This is anatomically impossible.
DCVZ
32 Flavours

This is anatomically impossible.
Not from my experience.
Everyone has abdominal muscles. Their level of visibility beneath the skin is determined by one's body fat level. Even a 300 lbs obese man has abs. They're just lying under several inches of adipose tissue. Anyone who isn't born with a full set of abdominal muscles is a biological anomoly and medical emergency due to these muscles' anatomical function. Those people in your experience unable to lose the amount of body fat needed to display a full set of abs was eating too much, training incorrectly, or both.
): Same thing here

Hilarious Fatcat

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
DCVZ
call me a kid, but i laughed when you said a**l

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Instead of crunches, do 100 situps. Your abs will definitely show through. Believe me. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff