Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
For some odd reason, for the past several days, I've been feeling bloated all the time. I haven't even been eating a ton. I've been eating very little because of it. I'm getting stomach aches from it, too. I'm not pregnant or anything, I just want some suggestions to try and stop it. emotion_c8

Helpful tips very appreciated! emotion_bigheart
You could be bloated because you're not eating enough. I went through a phase for YEARS where I'd not eat much a day and I was always bloated and got stomach pains everytime I would eat. Since I switched to 4-5 small meals a day, the problem has gone. Except for one week I was really depressed so I stopped eating and the bloating and aches came back again. Anyways! Just eat more. Healthy foods, obviously.

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
SPAstronaut
You could be bloated because you're not eating enough. I went through a phase for YEARS where I'd not eat much a day and I was always bloated and got stomach pains everytime I would eat. Since I switched to 4-5 small meals a day, the problem has gone. Except for one week I was really depressed so I stopped eating and the bloating and aches came back again. Anyways! Just eat more. Healthy foods, obviously.

Thanks! It's just I'm tired of these pains. I know I don't eat a lot, but it's because I'm not hungry for some reason. I'll just force myself a lot of small healthy portions of food throughout the day.
BeIoved
SPAstronaut

Thanks! It's just I'm tired of these pains. I know I don't eat a lot, but it's because I'm not hungry for some reason. I'll just force myself a lot of small healthy portions of food throughout the day.

Yeah even just having a piece of fruit every 3 hours or so can help :] something small, even soup. It might take a day or two for the pains and bloatedness to stop though so hang in there
Someone once told me it was because I ate too much salt so maybe it's that ? Is your diet really salty ?

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Relligest R Sharuel
lol

fu

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
MauBou
Someone once told me it was because I ate too much salt so maybe it's that ? Is your diet really salty ?

Ehhhh, sort of. Not entirely though.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Besides (maybe) not eating enough... what exactly did you eat? Depending on that I'd also consider allergies. Everybody reacts differently, so you may not have thought about that because you didn't have the typical reactions.
BeIoved
MauBou

Ehhhh, sort of. Not entirely though.

because look what I found

http://www.livestrong.com/article/502211-how-to-de-bloat-after-too-much-salt-intake/

or this

http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/nutrition/simple-ways-to-beat-bloating-119346

Divine Zealot

Various things that could cause bloating.

Allergies.
Carbohydrate refeeds.
Imbalance of electrolytes.
Not digesting properly.

Consider an elimination diet for allergies. I doubt it's a glycogen repletion. Possibly electrolytes, in which case, experiment. Digestion could be something else. However, is it your stomach that is bothering you? Or your gut?

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Elloran
Besides (maybe) not eating enough... what exactly did you eat? Depending on that I'd also consider allergies. Everybody reacts differently, so you may not have thought about that because you didn't have the typical reactions.

The only foods that bother me when I eat them are greasy foods because I don't have a gallbladder, and milk because it gives me tummy aches. Which neither of them I eat/drink. Maybe milk on a rare occassion

Sugary Shoujo

28,275 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Smooth Operator 100
A ton of things can set off bloating, especially for girls. It's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, but it could come from anything. It all comes down to pinpointing what you've been eating & drinking. Things that make me bloat a lot? Rice. Sodas, of course. Practically most carbs. Cabbage (& some other vegetables). & gum! I literally have had to change from gum to mints because my stomach would swell so bad from it--I'm guessing from the sugar alcohols, which is known to cause a bit of bloat. Hope you're feeling better!

Beloved Informer

8,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
AcidicLemons
A ton of things can set off bloating, especially for girls. It's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, but it could come from anything. It all comes down to pinpointing what you've been eating & drinking. Things that make me bloat a lot? Rice. Sodas, of course. Practically most carbs. Cabbage (& some other vegetables). & gum! I literally have had to change from gum to mints because my stomach would swell so bad from it--I'm guessing from the sugar alcohols, which is known to cause a bit of bloat. Hope you're feeling better!

Guess I need to cut back on the salads and alchohol. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff