Welcome to Gaia! ::

To keep things short and sweet, I was hoping to find some advice on eliminating blackheads.

I have at least a hundred around my nose, below the eyes, chin, and a little bit in the forehead
      region, and I have been trying to get rid of them since I was in middle school. My face is super
      oily and sensitive, so I only use Neutrogena (during night showers) and Noxzema (in the morning)
      for my face routine, which has significantly kept my acne low; I just need to get rid of these blackheads.
      I try my best to not touch my face at all and even though I'm fairly sure you're not suppose to, I
      sometimes end up picking at my blackheads in hopes they'll disappear if I shower and leave my
      face alone after doing so-- but it's never helped. If anyone could share some advice as to losing
      their blackheads or ANYTHING I'd greatly appreciate it!!

*Also I really hope I'm posting in the right forum, I tried to find the best suiting for acne

Original Gaian

Have you tried this?

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
They do make tools for removing blackheads. If I remember, I think they're called comedome extractors. You basically press it on the area you want to remove the blackheads (don't press to hard though) to remove the stuff out of it.

Hopping Poster

2,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Cause
Medical word for these isComedo. It is very common to have it with regular pimples, and is due to overcompensating collagen and estrogen in the body. Body is trying to avoid break outs on the face, spontaneously layers of dead skin cells develop on top which are blocking the pores from opening up. This prevents secretion of sweat from the skin.

Solution(prevention)
Hygiene procedure: special soap
Prevention: Moderate aerobic excercise recommended, followed by self extraction (try out an esthetician's salon) with hands which is alot easier with dilated pores due to body heat.

Wheezing Plague

You could try to carefully dry your face with some toilet paper (or other paper) during the day. A bit of oil buildsup as you go, and if you carefully wipe your face there'll be less on your skin.

I'm not sure about your age, or what you do for a living but blackheads and the like can be very common up until your early 20's.

And depending on what type of skin you have, those product might actually be what's causing the blackheads. Some people's skin feel better without any chemicals or changes disturing the natural oil balance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff