Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know what is for you, but for me, I hate Bellatrix in books, in movie when Helena Bonham Carter plays her, I love she.

Hilarious Explorer

3,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
I love that Helena Bonham Carter was Bellatrix in the movies! heart

Unbeatable Seeker

10,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Bellatrix, she's my favorite death eater!
Both in books and movies~

Tipsy Goat

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

════════════════

I love Bellatrix and HBC, but not HBC as Bellatrix. :I
When Helena plays her, she just feels.. like a joke. I don't take Bellatrix as seriously when Helena is playing her. All of the crazy cackling and occasional pouty expressions.. yeah, she made the character a lot less serious to me.

════════════════

"Mischief managed."

Familiar Shapeshifter

☆═━┈┈━═☆
Ϩlither, Ϩlither, ʅittle Ϩnake,
All across the Floor

☆═━┈┈━═☆

I like Bellatrix in the books - the last name Lestrange really says it all

Le- the
Strange= Strange.... Her last name literately translates to The Strange.

Pair that with her behavior in the books and you have a psychopath.

Helena played her well Enough but I would have really liked to see more of her darker side.

☆═━┈┈━═☆
You be good to 𝔉airie,
Ѳr Ϩhe'll nail you to the door

☆═━┈┈━═☆

User Image
J.K Rowling learn french, they have other things in french in the book like Voldemort = Theft of death.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
To be honest, I didn't really care for Bellatrix in the books. She was there and not an unimportant side character, but not very interesting. Even though the way HBC plays her is quite different from what's in the books, I still like her performance in the films more.

(Not to mention how hot HBC looks...)
I didn't pay much attention to Bellatrix in the books. Sure, she's there and she's evil, but in the movies HBC really brings her to life and adds in that perfectly insane personality we catch glimpses of in the books.

Familiar Shapeshifter

Helena did a great job but I cannot stop wondering if Angelica Houston (head witch in "The Witches" and more known as Moritia Adams) wouldn't be better... I meant Helenas' Bellatrix is all scarry crazy and stuff, but it seems to me Anjelica would be just horryfing, of course she has different style - wy more serious, but it would be more my kind of Bellatrix...

Hilarious Member

I loved Bellatrix in the books simply because I hated her. The character was so deep that I loved the way she made me hate her. I also think that Helena was the perfect choice to play her. No one could have been a better Bellatrix. wink
She's my favorite Villian. No offense to Voldmort and all, but she was just perfectly evil and I guess I'm probably looking at it from the female perspective. J.K. Rowling was great with her Female characters and Bellatrix was no different! biggrin
cimco
I loved Bellatrix in the books simply because I hated her. The character was so deep that I loved the way she made me hate her. I also think that Helena was the perfect choice to play her. No one could have been a better Bellatrix. wink

Completely agree!
I've never hated her. I've always been drawn to her insanity. Personally, I ship her with Hermione. I wish they would've filmed more of the torture scene in the movies. I loved the pouty expressions that Helena Bonham Carter did. I feel like she played the character better than anyone else could.

Ruthless Hunter

I agree. I despise Bellatrix. Helena Bonham Carter did such a good job though. I think she was a perfect Bellatrix.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
She is very evil in both-- so I think its easy to hate her character-- but Helena makes her kind of funny too--she's got a 'captain jack sparrow' thing going on----- i also like seeing bellatrix's scenes in the movies XD she's hysterical!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff