Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Prophet

10,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I have this Harry Potter club and I want to show a movie. We have already shown most of the Potter movies and I really wanted to try and switch it up a bit. Are there any really good ''magical'' movies that could compare or at least relate to harry potter?

I'm already planning to show sorcerers stone and thought I could do a double feature and play Sorcerers Apprentice(Nicolas Cage one) too but It got such bad reviews I'm not sure If i should.

Any other Suggestions?

Aged Humorist

8,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Divorced 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Sheesh.. why do you people always go by reviews? Watch it and decide for yourself. I actually found Nicholas Cage amusing in that movie, if my opinion matters.

Try Practical Magic , it's kinda cool :3
and Legend , though it's kinda old like 25 years old lol but all magic related movies that I know of are old...

Dapper Prophet

10,075 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I Ginevra Molly Weasley
Sheesh.. why do you people always go by reviews? Watch it and decide for yourself. I actually found Nicholas Cage amusing in that movie, if my opinion matters.
Try Practical Magic , it's kinda cool :3
and Legend , though it's kinda old like 25 years old lol but all magic related movies that I know of are old...
I have watched the movie before. I remember it being alright, nothing special. But the thing is I am showing the movie to about 30+ people. I want to show something that would generally interest most.

Lily-livered Loiterer

My sister saw Sorcerers Apprentice, and said it was okay. Can't be any harm in seeing it once.
Lord of the Rings is always great, but they're pretty long, especially if you go for the extended versions.

Terry Gillam's stuff is great, if sometimes pretty out there. You could try Time Bandits or The Brothers Grimm.

You also can't go wrong with the classics, such as Princess Bride or Willow. Willow also has the bonus of the titular character being played by Warwick Davis, who plays both Professor Flitwick and Griphook in the Potter films.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff