Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
This was EXTREMELY helpful to me. Im re-posting this so hopefully you feel better about going into highschool next year, it made me feel WORLDS better!

This Isnt Sparta
1. Teachers are fond of students that come to their class on time and ready to learn. Be prepared for your classes and DONT SKIP. You arent doing yourself any favors by playing hooky, and some teachers call home, informing your parents of your absence from class.

2. Join clubs! Clubs are one of the best places to meet people who share common interests and form long-lasting friendships. You may learn something new each time you go. Plus, colleges really like students who were involved in something besides academics and is fun, yet constructive. You can also be able to obtain a scholarship through actively participating in major clubs.

3. Freshman Friday either does or doesnt exist. It differs from school to school. Just try to stay under the radar is FF is true at your school. This doesnt mean that all upperclassmen are scary, some are quite friendly. Just be yourself.

4. Its common to see freshmen not care to much about keeping up with their schoolwork and simply slide into sophomore year. If you are lazy during your first year, DO NOT MAKE IT A HABIT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS. Colleges WONT like that, and dont be surprised if you have to go to summer school or are held back a year. Your GPA suffers in the long run, and a low GPA wont get you into college.

5. Dont worry yourself over the being in the popular crowd and the major cliques in your school. Come graduation, it will NOT MATTER. Just be yourself and hang with the people you wont have to impress in order for them to like you.

6. I cant stress this enough. Dont try to do anything that may have a significant negative impact on your life. Including, but not limited to, getting into drugs, violence, even teen pregnancy. High school is going to expose you to alot of things you may not have dealt with before. When I was in high school, I could tell just by the actions of some of my peers, how they were going to be like when they were older. Being gangbangers, living on welfare for a long long time, ending up in jail or probably dead by their 20th birthday. Harsh reality, but it happens. Its up to you if you are going to allow other students to pressure you into these sorts of situations. Be smart and consider the consequences for your actions.

7. Be smart when you are attending a party. Bring an outside drink and never let it out of your sight. Stray away from the provided drinks. They could be spiked. Let your parents know that you are going to a party. Time and place. If they give you permission to go, go with a trusting friend. If they say no, they are looking out for your safety, not to be mean. If you are in a situation where you feel uncomfortable, leave. Do not attend any party where you know for certain there will be drinking. If the cops show up, everyone at the party can get into alot of trouble, not just the ones who were drinking. Lastly, DO NOT allow yourself to be driven home with someone who has been drinking. NO EXCEPTIONS.

3,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
ty for the tips I'll try my best smile

im gonna be a sophomore but those are helpful tips for the upcomming freshmen smile
HMM too late for me crying
I wasn't scared at all until now, thanks. DDD';
Yep im going into freshmen year congratz to meh XDD

6,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
pieloverae
This was EXTREMELY helpful to me. Im re-posting this so hopefully you feel better about going into highschool next year, it made me feel WORLDS better!

This Isnt Sparta
1. Teachers are fond of students that come to their class on time and ready to learn. Be prepared for your classes and DONT SKIP. You arent doing yourself any favors by playing hooky, and some teachers call home, informing your parents of your absence from class.

2. Join clubs! Clubs are one of the best places to meet people who share common interests and form long-lasting friendships. You may learn something new each time you go. Plus, colleges really like students who were involved in something besides academics and is fun, yet constructive. You can also be able to obtain a scholarship through actively participating in major clubs.

3. Freshman Friday either does or doesnt exist. It differs from school to school. Just try to stay under the radar is FF is true at your school. This doesnt mean that all upperclassmen are scary, some are quite friendly. Just be yourself.

4. Its common to see freshmen not care to much about keeping up with their schoolwork and simply slide into sophomore year. If you are lazy during your first year, DO NOT MAKE IT A HABIT FOR THE NEXT 3 YEARS. Colleges WONT like that, and dont be surprised if you have to go to summer school or are held back a year. Your GPA suffers in the long run, and a low GPA wont get you into college.

5. Dont worry yourself over the being in the popular crowd and the major cliques in your school. Come graduation, it will NOT MATTER. Just be yourself and hang with the people you wont have to impress in order for them to like you.

6. I cant stress this enough. Dont try to do anything that may have a significant negative impact on your life. Including, but not limited to, getting into drugs, violence, even teen pregnancy. High school is going to expose you to alot of things you may not have dealt with before. When I was in high school, I could tell just by the actions of some of my peers, how they were going to be like when they were older. Being gangbangers, living on welfare for a long long time, ending up in jail or probably dead by their 20th birthday. Harsh reality, but it happens. Its up to you if you are going to allow other students to pressure you into these sorts of situations. Be smart and consider the consequences for your actions.

7. Be smart when you are attending a party. Bring an outside drink and never let it out of your sight. Stray away from the provided drinks. They could be spiked. Let your parents know that you are going to a party. Time and place. If they give you permission to go, go with a trusting friend. If they say no, they are looking out for your safety, not to be mean. If you are in a situation where you feel uncomfortable, leave. Do not attend any party where you know for certain there will be drinking. If the cops show up, everyone at the party can get into alot of trouble, not just the ones who were drinking. Lastly, DO NOT allow yourself to be driven home with someone who has been drinking. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I agree 100%, that's how I was in high school. I was always on time for class & hardly ever missed any classes unless I was sick, and only really sick. Fevers didn't count, I was sent to school anyway even when I had a temperature of 103.

I joined chorus & took it as a class, I spent time after school in the library as well as in Women's Choir, Anime Club, & a few others. Freshman Friday was banned when I was a Sophomore, but nothing happened to me because I had my name put on a list of freshman that were off limits.

I cared about everything that I was responsible for at school and then some. Some Seniors thought it would be funny to put so Freshman in lockers or try to tell them that some of the classes were across the street at the police station. The Seniors that tried to put a Freshman in a locker just happened to be my best friend at the time. They thought it would fun & there would be no consequences, wrong I put the Senior in charge of this Freshman prank in that locker & left him there for two periods. When I finally let him out, he was so shocked that a Freshman such as myself wasn't scared of him that he apologized and backed off. He told all his friends not to mess with me or any of my friends. Basically my dad was abusive to me and I never just let my dad do whatever he wanted, he always had to fight with me about it because I knew I didn't deserve to be treated that way so I fought for what I believed in. So if I didn't let my father boss me around and treat me like s**t, I sure as hell wasn't going to let a senior do it just because he could. I earned quite a reputation that day, I never started any fights, I was the cause of fights often but didn't try to be. I just happen to be there when many fights broke out among students because I couldn't stand to see anyone get bullied, not even the people I didn't like. I would have helped anyone with anything. I never got in trouble for any fighting because I always tried to stop the fight, if I fought back it was to protect myself or someone else.

Don't worry about trying to fit in, you will find people who like the same things you do & hold the same values in life. If people try to pressure you into to doing something you know is wrong or don't want to do than they are not true friends.

Avoid the negative aspects such as drugs, drinking, violence if possible & teen pregnancy. There is plenty of negativity from other sources, no need to seek it out.
Be smart about going to parties, I never went to any crazy parties when drinking was available. My friends and I created our own parties, we all knew each other, our parents knew where we were and when we were coming home. We always knew what we were drinking like hot chocolate & coffee, nothing ever happened like co-ed sleepovers, not remembering what we did or where we ended up, ect.

If your going to go to a party, let your parents know in case anything happens, ALWAYS go with a friend, NEVER alone. Get your own drink, not one that has already been poured, or don't drink at the party, it can be that simple really. Don't stay if you feel uncomfortable, just leave. NEVER GET IN THE CAR WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN DRINKING! Your parents would be more that happy to come and get you if you tell them that people were drinking and you need a ride. If that is not something you thin k your parents would do for you,ask a neighbor or another adult if they wouldn't mind picking you and maybe some friends up if your at a party where people are drinking.

Be smart, think before you act. Once you take action, it can never be taken back. I'm 25 and there are enough things I wish I could take back, but I can't. It's done forever. Remember high school doesn't last forever, it seems like it does but it's only 4 years and the time does fly by rather quickly. heart Kitten
yea im gonna be a freshman next year im so excited like this is the biggest thing in my life]
ppl say its the importanest 4 yrs of their lives
Wow.....
imressive

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Biggest piece of advice: Join clubs. I joined colorguard my sophomore year and it was one of the best decisions of my life. I wish I had started freshman year sweatdrop I reinstated all my old friendships and made tons of new ones. Also, speech & debate was the ******** s**t. I made tons of friends.

Anyway, just do it. It's the best way to make friends.

Mega Sex Symbol

hmm . . . well, next year I'm going to be a sophomore, but depending on what school I go to, I'll either be the youngest, or I'll skip being the youngest.

Anyway, great advice. I'm already following it, so I should be good. ^^

Sparkly Fairy

I already knew all of that, Pie. o;
i know thats not so kewl

zexyzoo112
yea im gonna be a freshman next year im so excited like this is the biggest thing in my life]
ppl say its the importanest 4 yrs of their lives
Wow.....
imressive
blAH BLAH
chriss123456
ohhno

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers