Welcome to Gaia! ::

Right now I'm really scared that my admission for the Fall is going to be overturned because of a stupid 0.5 language credit. I don't have it, I need it. I was going to take it during the summer but apparently the registration for the online course isn't opening. So now I'm stuck.

Because of scheduling errors that weren't my fault, my language credits weren't available to me when I had available schedule time to take it.
I didn't need the credit to graduate High School.
I need the credit to stay in the school I've already been accepted into.
The credit isn't currently available.

I really don't want my admission to be overturned. I'm really scared about this.

11,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
You should call the admissions office pre-emptively and talk to them about it. You could even have your school counselor explain the situation to them. If you absolutely could not take a language it shouldn't be that big of a deal smile
I've talked to the Admissions board, they told me I wouldn't be allowed in if I didn't resolve the matter. My high school counselor is trying to help me figure things out.

8,200 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
i know how this feels, there was a problem with my credits too until my counselor fixed it, so definitely keep working with him or her on this ~ best of luck! i hope u get to stay in the school of ur choice ^^

Aged Gaian

My admissions people were awesome...

my financial aid people? not so much.
Now I might not get into school at all due to money. Gee thanks family for being such a big support and helping me C_C
Kim Tae-Rin
I've talked to the Admissions board, they told me I wouldn't be allowed in if I didn't resolve the matter. My high school counselor is trying to help me figure things out.

What school is it? I don't know if I'd want to go to a school that's so ridiculous and uncaring, if I were you...

450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Don't be afraid. Just apply to the colleges you want to attend. However, I recommend you apply to 6 colleges, which is the standard.
Take It Down Elizabeth
Kim Tae-Rin

What school is it? I don't know if I'd want to go to a school that's so ridiculous and uncaring, if I were you...

Evergreen State College, they're really lax as it is. What little standards they have they really enforce.
Puredarknezz
Don't be afraid. Just apply to the colleges you want to attend. However, I recommend you apply to 6 colleges, which is the standard.

I'm not afraid of getting in, I've already done that. I'm just afraid of not being able to stay in. I've been accepted into the school, it's just that I may not be able to stay in if I don't get this figured out.

450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Kim Tae-Rin
Puredarknezz

I'm not afraid of getting in, I've already done that. I'm just afraid of not being able to stay in. I've been accepted into the school, it's just that I may not be able to stay in if I don't get this figured out.

Lol. It's my mistake. My apologies.
Wow! Congratulations!
I don't think they'll do that. As long as you recover the credit, it'll be ok.
Kim Tae-Rin
Take It Down Elizabeth
Kim Tae-Rin

Evergreen State College, they're really lax as it is. What little standards they have they really enforce.

Isn't that one of the "Colleges That Change Lives"?! I've read about it a bit, I think.

You should really really talk to someone at your high school and have them explain to the admissions office that your situation isn't your fault. If you honestly couldn't take a foreign language, they should be understanding.

Have you done anything about it yet?
Take It Down Elizabeth
Kim Tae-Rin
Take It Down Elizabeth
Kim Tae-Rin

Isn't that one of the "Colleges That Change Lives"?! I've read about it a bit, I think.

You should really really talk to someone at your high school and have them explain to the admissions office that your situation isn't your fault. If you honestly couldn't take a foreign language, they should be understanding.

Have you done anything about it yet?

I've left a message for my high school counselor, but she hasn't returned my call yet. I'm going to contact Evergreen after I've talked with her.
Oh, snap. This is from their website:

"What will happen if I don't complete the required coursework?

An Admissions Credentials Evaluator reviews your official transcript and test scores. If the evaluator notices that you will not complete the required coursework by the time you graduate from high school, your file will be referred to the Director of Admissions. The director will ask how you plan to take the course(s) you are lacking—for example: you may add the required course to your schedule or you may take the required course during the summer or you may take the required course at a community/junior college. The required course needs to be completed before you start taking classes at Evergreen. Once your written response is received, your application will be considered for admission.

If you have concerns about completing all of the required courses, an Admissions Counselor will respond to your questions."

That seems kinda harsh... Do you have any summer options for completing your "required coursework"?
Puredarknezz
Kim Tae-Rin
Puredarknezz

Lol. It's my mistake. My apologies.
Wow! Congratulations!
I don't think they'll do that. As long as you recover the credit, it'll be ok.

I have no way to do that. I have 1.5 credits, I need to have 2 credits. I was going to take a summer program, but just found out it's not offered for this summer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff