Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, In the fall I will be entering my first year of college. I am excited, nervous, all at once. I am nervous because I am going to be living on residence, away from home. I want to work with children in the future! ^_^

Discuss:

Going to College
Your major
Feelings about starting college
Living at home or on Residence
Anything else.

Distinct Elder

7,300 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
congrats! i might have 2 repeat 9th grade gonk

Jarzus's Oppa

Super Junior

Good luck. I just got out of a four year program with my BFA. I majored in illustration, it was one hell of a ride.

The on-campus food was atrocious, then they started wrecking the campus buildings and putting up new ones. After that they decided to buy new buildings and move the majors around, except for mine, which was stuck in a four classroom hole in the wall D:<

And it's just as freakin clique-ish as high school is. The freshman drove me up a wall.

The school I went to was three hours away from home, so I more or less spent four years living on my own. I had room mates for three years and discovered that I really shouldn't live with anyone I'm not related to. ;3 The apartment I had this year was perfect for me, though.

Now that I'm home I'm really gonna miss the friends I left behind, though. I didn't miss the high school crowd at all. College was a heck of a lot more freedom, and I felt like I could be myself finally, not be restricted by uniforms and tons of rules and idiots for classmates.
Good luck! I'm starting college in the fall as well, I can't wait.

4,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
Advice:

1.) Don't go to a private school that isn't an Ivy. You'll be paying ivy tuition for non ivy education. Plus also, most people I know had to go an extra year, of which you don't get aid for.

2.) NO GREEK LIFE. I know places that do hazing like drinking a whole bottle of rum and getting pushed down the stairs, drawing fat circles by a frat while half naked, being dumped off in a corn field somewhere and other random stuff.

3.) Go local to a community college and save up for a car. After the semester's over, the money that you would have spent on living is gone, but you still have the car.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff