Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Should Joe get with Quinn?

Yes, and they should go about this biblically. 0.48148148148148 48.1% [ 39 ]
Yes, but screw religion. 0.19753086419753 19.8% [ 16 ]
No, he should resist temptation like the Joseph he's named after. 0.061728395061728 6.2% [ 5 ]
No, just cuz I don't want them together. 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 21 ]
Total Votes:[ 81 ]
< 1 2

shanyon
x0_FATIMAGIC
No. But it's painfully obvious that he was brought on the show for Quinn, and they will hook up. And seriously, the idea of Quinn Fabray going about anything "biblically" is downright laughable to me. And not in a good way.

He was not brought onto the show specifically for Quinn. Samuel Larsen was one of the winners of the Glee Project, so the actor earn his way into the show. As for the character, Samuel Larsen in real life is devout Christian who does not fit the typical image of a clean-cut, khaki-wearing teen Christian and Ryan Murphy liked that about him. From the very beginning of the competition he considered writing the Joe Hart character as a Christian who was more open minded than what has become the popular image of the scary Bible-thumper, lately.

In any case, I think the growth they're showing with his character is a good thing. If you'll remember, earlier in the season he was slightly wary about homosexuality and how it fit in with his faith. Then he came to the realization that it shouldn't matter and he could still be a Christian without being so close-minded.

Fair enough. I just don't really like the character, despite how cool a guy Samuel Larsen probably is. Not to mention I'm sick and tired of that manipulative b***h Quinn hopping from guy to guy quicker than Rachel. My opinions of the characters have nothing to do with my opinions of the actors who play them. I started watching Glee from the beginning for Lea Michele, but her character makes me want to tear my hair out.
x0_FATIMAGIC
shanyon
x0_FATIMAGIC
No. But it's painfully obvious that he was brought on the show for Quinn, and they will hook up. And seriously, the idea of Quinn Fabray going about anything "biblically" is downright laughable to me. And not in a good way.

He was not brought onto the show specifically for Quinn. Samuel Larsen was one of the winners of the Glee Project, so the actor earn his way into the show. As for the character, Samuel Larsen in real life is devout Christian who does not fit the typical image of a clean-cut, khaki-wearing teen Christian and Ryan Murphy liked that about him. From the very beginning of the competition he considered writing the Joe Hart character as a Christian who was more open minded than what has become the popular image of the scary Bible-thumper, lately.

In any case, I think the growth they're showing with his character is a good thing. If you'll remember, earlier in the season he was slightly wary about homosexuality and how it fit in with his faith. Then he came to the realization that it shouldn't matter and he could still be a Christian without being so close-minded.

Fair enough. I just don't really like the character, despite how cool a guy Samuel Larsen probably is. Not to mention I'm sick and tired of that manipulative b***h Quinn hopping from guy to guy quicker than Rachel. My opinions of the characters have nothing to do with my opinions of the actors who play them. I started watching Glee from the beginning for Lea Michele, but her character makes me want to tear my hair out.

lol I understand completely. I have a love/hate relationship with both Quinn and Rachel. Their characters both get on my nerves in the same ways you mentioned.

They haven't really shown enough of him for me to form an opinion yet, though. It kind of sucks that there are soooo many characters and you don't get to go as in depth with a lot of them.
shanyon
x0_FATIMAGIC
shanyon
x0_FATIMAGIC

lol I understand completely. I have a love/hate relationship with both Quinn and Rachel. Their characters both get on my nerves in the same ways you mentioned.

They haven't really shown enough of him for me to form an opinion yet, though. It kind of sucks that there are soooo many characters and you don't get to go as in depth with a lot of them.

I think I hate the idea of Joe/Quinn more than anything on the show right now because Quinn is a manipulative whore. This is the woman who tried to have the adoptive mother of her child arrested by placing potentially lethal items in her home. Yale my a**. Are you serious?! Out of all of the unbelievable and ******** stupid things that this show has done, they are now expecting us, the audience, to believe that Quinn ******** Fabray got into YALE. Thanks for giving us some intellectual credit, Murphy! rolleyes

Like I was saying, I think Quinn deserves to be with someone as awful as herself, and I'm sick of her trying to act all biblical one minute, and slutty the next. Yes, everyone deserves redemption, but redemption does require a commitment to being a good person.

That said, Quinn should be sleeping with Will. That's right. The man who wanted to change his WEDDING DATE so that his students could be there. Way to go, Schue. That really must have made Emma feel important. sweatdrop [/endrant]
x0_FATIMAGIC

I think I hate the idea of Joe/Quinn more than anything on the show right now because Quinn is a manipulative whore. This is the woman who tried to have the adoptive mother of her child arrested by placing potentially lethal items in her home. Yale my a**. Are you serious?! Out of all of the unbelievable and ******** stupid things that this show has done, they are now expecting us, the audience, to believe that Quinn ******** Fabray got into YALE. Thanks for giving us some intellectual credit, Murphy! rolleyes

Like I was saying, I think Quinn deserves to be with someone as awful as herself, and I'm sick of her trying to act all biblical one minute, and slutty the next. Yes, everyone deserves redemption, but redemption does require a commitment to being a good person.

That said, Quinn should be sleeping with Will. That's right. The man who wanted to change his WEDDING DATE so that his students could be there. Way to go, Schue. That really must have made Emma feel important. sweatdrop [/endrant]

lol I agree with basically everything except that Quinn couldn't get into Yale. I believe she's probably very intelligent, as manipulative people typically are. I think she could get into Yale. But her flakiness and bitchiness.... that's another story.
shanyon
x0_FATIMAGIC

lol I agree with basically everything except that Quinn couldn't get into Yale. I believe she's probably very intelligent, as manipulative people typically are. I think she could get into Yale. But her flakiness and bitchiness.... that's another story.

I just wish Shelby would hve ******** her over, because Idina Menzel wins at everything she does. But then, she was probably thinking in terms of Beth's best interests. You don't want to hear about your whoring biological mother putting s**t in your true mother's home that could have killed her. It's so sad that Quinn never really realized that Beth should have come before herself in her life. But then, she's a b***h, as most of the women in this show are. Why is Glee so painfully grounded in mysogyny? stare

Obsessive Lover

12,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Eh, I don't care if they end up together or not. But I think it's pretty clear he's having urges, but I think he shouldn't be ashamed of them. He's a teenage boy after all, and he's only human. He doesn't have to act on them, but if he was with the right girl, and been with her for a certain amount of time, and it just felt right to have sex with her, it shouldn't be something he should ever be ashamed about. I know plenty of Christians that are not married and not virgins and they're just as good as the non-married Christian virgins. Sometimes better people than them. So to me, virginity shouldn't make you more or less of a Christian. If that's the religion you choose to follow, then you shouldn't live in shame of yourself because a select few would condemn you for it. Jesus hung out with whores and sinners, and didn't think them any less worthy of saving grace than a righteous man or woman.

Invisible Guildswoman

KyaKonami
Eh, I don't care if they end up together or not. But I think it's pretty clear he's having urges, but I think he shouldn't be ashamed of them. He's a teenage boy after all, and he's only human. He doesn't have to act on them, but if he was with the right girl, and been with her for a certain amount of time, and it just felt right to have sex with her, it shouldn't be something he should ever be ashamed about. I know plenty of Christians that are not married and not virgins and they're just as good as the non-married Christian virgins. Sometimes better people than them. So to me, virginity shouldn't make you more or less of a Christian. If that's the religion you choose to follow, then you shouldn't live in shame of yourself because a select few would condemn you for it. Jesus hung out with whores and sinners, and didn't think them any less worthy of saving grace than a righteous man or woman.

Ultimately, It's not about comparing ourselves to other Christians to gauge how "good" we're being. We're suppose to compare ourselves to his word. That's the only barometer of "good" that a Christian should look to. The world's definition of "good" is irrelevant.

Jesus certainly did hang out with sinners. Don't forget though that he told them to repent (turn away from their sins) not indulge in sin. The ones that needed to hear his message were the ones who weren't living right (Jew and Gentile alike), so of course he'll hang out with sinners, but no way does he condone or encourage sinful behavior (behavior that disobeys the Father's will).

As others have pointed out though, the Joe character was written as a "lenient" Christian so there goes my theory :L
glee is so weird...

6,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Neko Yaoi Elf
I fully agree and I have to say I have a LOT of hope with this character. When he first showed up I was really worried, but now I have hope that he might be a wonderful show of what Christian Teens are supposed to be like. Heck, maybe this is just what Quinn needs. Someone to keep her down to earth.

I agree with your post. Couldn't have said it better myself.

7,400 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Teen Jesus. LOL.
real eyes realize
Sam's comment was legit: will he get closer to YHWH or Quinn?

It's possible to do both if he goes about it the bible way. There's enough "hypocritical Christian" on the show *cough* the whole God Squad *cough*, let alone TV in general. How about they portray what a real, Jesus-following Christian is suppose to act like? Would Hollywood ever do such a thing?

Also, LOL because I had to go on imdb to figure out his character's name. Every time he appears I think "teen jesus".

I agree, if they do get together I would love to see them not be like everyone else! But I was really rooting for Quinn and Artie emo

Dapper Ladykiller

potatosalad
real eyes realize

It's possible to do both if he goes about it the bible way. There's enough "hypocritical Christian" on the show *cough* the whole God Squad *cough*, let alone TV in general. How about they portray what a real, Jesus-following Christian is suppose to act like? Would Hollywood ever do such a thing?

Also, LOL because I had to go on imdb to figure out his character's name. Every time he appears I think "teen jesus".

I agree, if they do get together I would love to see them not be like everyone else! But I was really rooting for Quinn and Artie emo

Really? I though Quinn and Artie was so forced... "Just because she's stuck in a wheelchair she must now hhook up with the boy in the wheelchair because of similarities and empathyyyy".

I really dolike Joe and Quinn because he's so nieve and she was so brought down from her pedestal. she was a christian and the chastity vow originally it would be nice for her to be reminded you can still be good even if you make mistakes. joe is nice of a character to show her he sees her as good even if she doesnt see it anymore.
Krazehcakes
potatosalad
real eyes realize

Really? I though Quinn and Artie was so forced... "Just because she's stuck in a wheelchair she must now hhook up with the boy in the wheelchair because of similarities and empathyyyy".

I really dolike Joe and Quinn because he's so nieve and she was so brought down from her pedestal. she was a christian and the chastity vow originally it would be nice for her to be reminded you can still be good even if you make mistakes. joe is nice of a character to show her he sees her as good even if she doesnt see it anymore.

yeah i do get that with joe.

i didn't think quinn and artie was forced because i viewed it more as she never really paid attention to him before but now she sees and understands how he feels and everything. and since she would most likely walk again, it made it so that she could still like artie without being in the same position permanently. idk, i just thought it was cute.

3,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I think they should go out, because the way that he looks at her shows that he really cares about her. Also, I think they should go the biblical way! I mean they can kiss and hug and stuff but sex is a no go! Its not right! You should save yourself for your spouse. If they really cared about each other, they wait and get married then they can do whatever they want!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff